Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
180sx Headlight

Ok so this is gonna be a total noob post but i'm curious, and i searched the forums to find my question and couldn't find the answer.

Ok so i was wondering if anyone knew of any headlights for the 180sx that would allow you to replace the bulb instead of the whole sealed beam.

I want to know this because i want to do install hid's but i've heard the it cant be done because the lights are sealed beams.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yeah they got 'em. ummmm i cant think of the names right now but im sure you can find them on google or something. or just wait for some other more knowledgeable zilvia member to come allong and hope they dont shit on you for asking lol
Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
go to ebay they have em' but they're cheap. I also heard hella might have them'. in all actuality its not worth it because you don't have projecter's.

all else fails go to autozone and get sylvania silverstar sealed beams worked for me when I had my s13

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Hella, Cibie, Raybrig, and Bosch are the quality ones. Then there are cheap Ebay ones, but the light output on them is really bad.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I bought a set of glass housings off ebay that allowed me to replace the bulbs. decent quality too for 30 bucks shipped.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Out of curiosity, anyone seen comparisons between Chibe, Hella, Raybrig, or anything else.

I would be curious if it is worth the extra $40 bucks or so to go from Hella E codes to Chibes

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Mike from clearcorners.com did one.

Just spend the extra $40.

You'll be happier.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I got some decent E-codes from ebay for like $42 shipped. Came with everything you see pictured below:

I put some Sylvania silverstar H4 bulbs in them though. I dont think I had them aimed that good in those pics though.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Mike from clearcorners.com did one.

Just spend the extra $40.

You'll be happier.
I thought he did, I need to look for that.

I think I will, If I get the hella's all I will think about is how much better could it be if I spent the extra money, hahahahaha.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
zugoi
Zilvia Junkie

zugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to beholdzugoi is a splendid one to behold
Theres alot of companies out there that make H4 conversions. I myself use Hella with hid. There was a big debate about h4 conversions and cibies. Ask xixfxix(cant remember his user name right now, i think its correct) hes with clearcorners i think. He said the cibies will give better light output then h4 with hid but i see great with my setup.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
beetlejuice
Leaky Injector

beetlejuice has a spectacular aura aboutbeetlejuice has a spectacular aura aboutbeetlejuice has a spectacular aura aboutbeetlejuice has a spectacular aura aboutbeetlejuice has a spectacular aura aboutbeetlejuice has a spectacular aura about
Although everyone else has already answered, may be helpful to search for "H4 conversion" when buying them.

Usually the lights won't be vehicle specific, but size specific (7" x 6"...I think).

I bought the same Autopal headlights from ebay a few months ago as shown above...but haven't lit them up on my project car (not yet running).
Old 09-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
ttLOVEjh s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ttLOVEjh s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ttLOVEjh s13
hey how do you replace the headlight bulb for the 240... im a noob on this
ttLOVEjh s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #13
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttLOVEjh s13 View Post
hey how do you replace the headlight bulb for the 240... im a noob on this
you do realize that...
this entire thread is about how s13's have sealed headlight housings
and the only way to replace the bulb, is to replace the housing.

Easier to figure it out when you have the housing in your hand and your car in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
ttLOVEjh s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ttLOVEjh s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ttLOVEjh s13
damn I ask for help and the way you repasn back sounds hella mean......lol

just curious thats.
ttLOVEjh s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
It's not responding back mean.

You bumped an old thread and asked damn near the exact same question the original poster asked.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #16
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Step 1: Get in Car
Step 2: Go to parts strore
Step 3: Buy a repair manual
Step 4: Buy the headlights you desire
Step 5: Read in the repair manual and fallow the instructions on headlight replacement
Step 6: Enjoy your new headlights!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
Zhanshi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
Zhanshi will become famous soon enoughZhanshi will become famous soon enoughZhanshi will become famous soon enoughZhanshi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The Autopals are a decent but cheaper alternative to the Hellas/Cibies. I had them on before I retro'ed projectors. They have a nice cut off which is comparable to Hella/Cibie. The only bad thing about the Autopal headlights are that they don't completely fit in your headlight bracket (the metal trim with 4 screws). So your headlight slides around a little. If you're thinking about putting HIDs into them, I would advise against it as it would negate the cutoff flutes on the glass and give you a lot of glare even with the H4 shields. Either pick up some OSRAM Silverstar bulbs or go with the ebay specials to run HIDs - it's cheaper.
Zhanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #18
RedCoupe818

RedCoupe818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Try www.Frsport.com they have a very legit conversion kit also , i think it's about 100$ bucks
RedCoupe818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #19
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
I got some decent E-codes from ebay for like $42 shipped. Came with everything you see pictured below:

I put some Sylvania silverstar H4 bulbs in them though. I dont think I had them aimed that good in those pics though.
WOAH!!! is that a CUTOFF?!?!?! do u think this will work for HID???
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #20
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
eh nnm i guess it ill get negated by HID....
mrpeepers is offline   Reply With Quote