Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
TSLegendary
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TSLegendary is on the path to ruinTSLegendary is on the path to ruinTSLegendary is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TSLegendary
SR Start up Issue -I've Searched all over.

Sup Guys,

I've searched on here and found that most of the start up issues are just cold start issues, and then the car runs terrible, but my problem is different. This started about 2 weeks ago,The SR cranks fine but wont start unless i give her gas.I changed the Coolant Temp Sensor and the car runs perfectly fine once its started.It may run rich a little but its nothing that really bothers me as i have heard this is common with the E Manage's.I recently got dyno tuned with the issue still being there but even after the tune (which is running perfect now)it's still the same case.I always need to give her some gas to get her started.After that she runs perfectly fine.I've found from causes to be from bad 02 sensors, bad igniter chips and bad injector o rings or MAFS but i want to know if anyone has experienced this and would like to know what they did to solve the prob as i dont have the cash at the moment to be buying a lost of stuff to not fix the problem.(like the coolant temp sensor)

I have a Z32 MAFS,255 pump and 550's. The car ran perfectly fine and just out of no where started doing this.Any input on this?

Thanks-
Old 09-04-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Clean your IACV its probably stuck or stickin

Run it up pull off the IACV pipe, have some one keep the RPM's stablized and spray Throttle body cleaner down the pipe until you think its good enough.

But dont just continusly hose it down spray like 5-7 seconds and let it clear up and then again
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
TSLegendary
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TSLegendary is on the path to ruinTSLegendary is on the path to ruinTSLegendary is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TSLegendary
Thanks Sil, I've tried this also and changed the fuel filter to a z32 one but i haven't tried it spraying in 5-7 sec intervals.Going to try this out again.Oh and by the way my valve head cover has a tiny ticking noise into a constant tick but a momentary faint tick, i've suspected its the timing chain and haven't minded it but its been doing that since the problem accrued and my alternator/water pump belt squeeks at cold start.Just looking at random things that may cause it but i am not sure.I will check back on here if there's any other suggestions.