Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
nismoskyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Shiftknobs: Nismo GT vs Greddy (ball)

--Here are some shiftknob weights pulled from pg 2 of this thread, for anyone that might want to know--
Code:
For Reference:
340g = 0.75 lbs. = weight of a full (12 oz) soda can

440g - Skunk2
375g - Razo RA120
365g - Greddy Ball Type SH
362g - Blaze
340g - Fairlady Z32
----

Which do you prefer and why?

There's only a $10 price difference... both are counterweighted.

I think the main thing the nismo has going for it is that it won't get burning hot?

///also, currently have this:

How do you think the GT and Greddy would compare?
I am dissatisfied with the grabbing position, as well as how hot it can get.

(function)(form)^(-1)

Last edited by nismoskyz; 02-28-2009 at 03:35 PM..
nismoskyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i have the same shift knob as your's i find the position of the grip is fine but only downfall is when you park your car and let it sit for like 30min-1hr in the heat it does get very hot to touch. I'd looking into the nismo resin shift knob.
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
codunc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
codunc is making a name for him/her selfcodunc is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i have the nismo gt and its the best shift knob ever.
that greddy knob is kind of ugly imo
codunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
nismo gt looks all business
that greddy one just looks like cheap 90's ebay shit
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 AM   #5
Psycho 240 Freak
Zilvia Member

Psycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-known
I also have the nismo gt and I love the way it feels. The material makes for a good grip. It doesn't get slippery when my hands are sweaty. Doesn't get hot on hot days. It has a good weight to it. There's also a screw on top to ensure that the shifter won't ever come loose. Plus it has a simple yet sporty look to it.
Psycho 240 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
captainfalco
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
captainfalco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to captainfalco
I have the greddy, nice to drive with, there is some good weight to it. It does get hot though, so I take it off when I get to work and set it aside for the day or put it in the freezer haha.
captainfalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You guys should look a JDM company called blaze... I have one of their shift knobs and its weight 362 grams. It looks and feels awesome especially with short shifter rattle. Also really helps getting into gear...
Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
specialk2003
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
specialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightspecialk2003 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I HAD the Nismo GT knob, and LOVED it. Only reason I got rid of it was that the outer part (rubber or whatever it is) came detatched from the metal center part. Not sure how long it was in the car because it was in the car when I bought it. It did last at least 2 1/2 years (how long I've owned the car). I would recommend it over the Greddy knob though. Just want to give you a heads up on what will happen to it in the future.
specialk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #9
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah, my GT Knob is cool, but the outer rubber part isn't connected to the inner part. I got it used, so I don't know if it was originally attached, but it's not now. lol

I really wish it was heavier. It doesn't feel like it's as heavy as the stock knob. I'm gonna get something a bit heavier eventually.

Mo heavy = mo betta
Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
white2abbit

white2abbit is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the Razo balls.
white2abbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have Nismo GT Titanium knob and love to death. I've tried several different knobs, but it's the best so far.
94_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
I have Nismo GT Titanium knob and love to death. I've tried several different knobs, but it's the best so far.

same here... i would like something of the same design but heavier

when i 1st put it in i would fuck up slamming gears b/c how light it was compared to stock.

wouldn't mine trying the GT one
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
same here... i would like something of the same design but heavier

when i 1st put it in i would fuck up slamming gears b/c how light it was compared to stock.

wouldn't mine trying the GT one
Do you have GT Titanium knob? It's not that light. It's prety heavy considering its size.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #14
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
Do you have GT Titanium knob? It's not that light. It's prety heavy considering its size.

this Ti one... it uber light ...
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Just like I need tires, I have the leather nismo one. I want to try a Tomei Duracon. Both keep cool without problem.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post

this Ti one... it uber light ...
This is Titanium GT shift knob, and it's heavy.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
nismo FTW, i have the Leather one and its perfect. feels great, fits great, doesnt get hot, looks good, the whole deal.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #18
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
nismo FTW, i have the Leather one and its perfect. feels great, fits great, doesnt get hot, looks good, the whole deal.
If you like that nismo leather knob, you'll like this one too:

Its off of a JDM Z32 Fairlady Z and has 12 oz. of counter weight. I also love how it matches well with my nardi deep corn w/ red stitching.... and it only costs $45.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #19
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
i have this one too. i bought it for my first 240, and it since has made it way through all of my s chassis because i love it so much.
ILoveJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #20
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

for the record, if anyone's in this same situation, I ended up picking up a used Greddy ball Type SH and I love it. I found it's much smaller than it seems to be in pictures and much heavier than I expected it to be.

My old nismo feels like a feather compared to this thing. The shape of the knob is very comfortable and my shifts are much more solid and smooth now.

thanks to everyone for their input.

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #21
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
i have the same one also, and i love it 100 degrees + outside and you can get in your car, grab your knob, and it's just warm.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #22
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
my shift knob=
it happens then your twisting it on
Old 02-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #23
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I have the greddy counterweight one pictured.

Pretty cool.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #24
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
i have the greddy ball one. i love the way it feels in my hand.
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #25
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
both suck, /thread.

spend your money on upgrading your alarm.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
nismoskyz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
both suck, /thread.

spend your money on upgrading your alarm.
If both suck, then what do you suggest?

//Why so serious?

(function)(form)^(-1)
Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #27
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
i <3 my Nismo Duracon shift knob

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
i <3 my Nismo Duracon shift knob
yeppppppppppp, i wish i got mine in white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #29
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I got white

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #30
chrisa
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
chrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfectionchrisa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chrisa
NISMO GT all the way, i've put in in all 4 S13's i have owned.
chrisa is offline   Reply With Quote