Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #1
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
89hatchman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Double checking. I can run 10-12 psi boost on stock injectors and tune correct?

I've heard people say that stock boost is 7 and others say its 12....Mine is currently running at 7
89hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #2
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post

I've heard people say that stock boost is 7 and others say its 12....Mine is currently running at 7
Posted my answer to this in your other thread...

Stock boost seems to vary a bit on SR's (S13 red/black top), I think mostly due to variances in the age or type of the WG actuators.

You CAN run as much boost as you want- whether or not you SHOULD is the real question. At 10psi, you'll still be okay. At 12, you'd be amazed at how lean it will be. If your plan is to run 12psi on the factory setup, I recommend rethinking that & getting injectors and Enthalpy or JWT tune at minimum.

Don't get me wrong, I ran my SR at 14-16psi back in the day before I got smart & gave it the tright amount of fuel. Looking back, I feel very lucky I didn't blow the motor. People will tell you that running 12psi is 'safe' and that I am full of shit- but the numbers don't lie... If you're really concerned about it, put it on the dyno with a wideband attached and see.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93kouking View Post
10 lbs is stock, not 7lbs. and 205 stock rating is not at the wheels..
Without the factory boost control solenoid, 7psi is stock. Therefore, since most people do not run the factory boost control solenoid, he is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post

Read above. The other part of your answer varies. What engine setup? S13 SR w/T25 can get away with slightly more boost than say an S14 SR w/T28. Regardless, I wouldn't push the S13 past 11-12psi without injectors and a tune. S14 no more than 10psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Posted my answer to this in your other thread...

Stock boost seems to vary a bit on SR's (S13 red/black top), I think mostly due to variances in the age or type of the WG actuators.

You CAN run as much boost as you want- whether or not you SHOULD is the real question. At 10psi, you'll still be okay. At 12, you'd be amazed at how lean it will be. If your plan is to run 12psi on the factory setup, I recommend rethinking that & getting injectors and Enthalpy or JWT tune at minimum.

Don't get me wrong, I ran my SR at 14-16psi back in the day before I got smart & gave it the tright amount of fuel. Looking back, I feel very lucky I didn't blow the motor. People will tell you that running 12psi is 'safe' and that I am full of shit- but the numbers don't lie... If you're really concerned about it, put it on the dyno with a wideband attached and see.
Mike, with the factory boost solenoid most SR's run 10psi, with boost tapering off in the higher rpms. Without the factory boost solenoid, wastegate pressure is set at 7psi. Since most people delete or do not receive the factory boost solenoid, they run 7.