Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #31
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by janders211 View Post
looks nice.
I like how you were "I'm just going to do this".
Then you were like "I just did this".
and then we're like "Damn- he just did that".
lol i agree man. Thats pretty sick. Not too many people supercharge the KA, but seriously, it's got the low end grunt you already feel, plus the supercharger... Its made of win.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #32
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This peaks my interests. I'll be checking this thread for numbers. If it looks pretty good, i seriously wouldn't mind SCing a KA.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #33
nissankat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
nissankat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm loving the build. It came out great, I cant wait to go for a ride in this thing.
nissankat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSexy180 View Post
This peaks my interests. I'll be checking this thread for numbers. If it looks pretty good, i seriously wouldn't mind SCing a KA.
Id do the same if you get good numbers.. ill even be building up a s chassis very soon! cause of this! nice job bro!
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #35
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'd love to see some final and tuned numbers off of this. From viewing previous S/C threads the numbers are always disappointing. I'd love to go S/C but my Hp/TQ goals are 300-350 to the wheels and I have not seen one of these S/C projects get anywhere near there, but who knows with good tuning it may be possible.
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #36
Grantspec
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Grantspec is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter View Post
I'd love to see some final and tuned numbers off of this. From viewing previous S/C threads the numbers are always disappointing. I'd love to go S/C but my Hp/TQ goals are 300-350 to the wheels and I have not seen one of these S/C projects get anywhere near there, but who knows with good tuning it may be possible.
Without an intercooler I'd doubt that this supercharger is capable of more than 230-240 hp.

I didnt really choose to go supercharged to make big power though. Honestly I just thought it would be a cool project and something different than the average turbo set-up.
Grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #37
fishhouse
Zilvia Member

fishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantspec View Post
Without an intercooler I'd doubt that this supercharger is capable of more than 230-240 hp.

I didnt really choose to go supercharged to make big power though. Honestly I just thought it would be a cool project and something different than the average turbo set-up.
run E85 no IC necessary, should be good for another 20whp with the timing advances etc.
fishhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #38
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattro View Post
WHAT? im 6k+ into my sr and it doesnt even run! fml......
Im right there with you man, but dont worry it only means you are doing it the right way trust me lol
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #39
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
heat soak from the SC is typically what limits power on this projects
from what I've noticed and gather from talking to people
the lay of the set up on DOHC is both an advantage and a limiting factor
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #40
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

For sure man, the response of the S/C is mainly why I would want to do a project like this. At the same time I want my car to be competitive in the events I take it to and that's why I Have set a goal of 300-350whp. If I thought it was possible with a S/C KA setup I would go S/C all day. Possibly finding a pulley that can upgrade the S/C to produce more boost may get the numbers up there and for sure an intercooler will help. You can try to pick up a godspeed intercooler for cheap on ebay. Good luck and can't wait to see the results!
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #41
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Good thread. That's the best attitude, to make the part your self when you feel you need too.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #42
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
cant wait to see the numbers on this thing. great job
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #43
IHasLongTorso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
IHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choicesIHasLongTorso has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
e85 isnt that available and it uses about twice as much as 91 yeah you get more power and you run waaaay cooler but an intercooler setup would be ideal. then if thats not enough and its only a track car. then id say go e85. I was thinking though wouldn't it be better to run an m90 for higher boost because after all boost is resistance and the m90 would have to spin slower to move the same air to get the same resistance making the same boost? and with a supercharger slower means less heat and more efficient. But after all this is all of the top of my head and i could be wrong. lol. What do you other guys think?
IHasLongTorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #44
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
this is pretty cool. you could probably have someone write the CNC code for those brackets in an afternoon and make some money.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #45
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
nice set up..
Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #46
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
mrchomponthis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If i had a ka i would totally run this setup.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #47
Nezahualcoyotl
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-knownNezahualcoyotl is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
i like the low growl of the exhaust note. put out a group buy...
where do i send my money?
Nezahualcoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #48
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
Glad someone out there did it and finished! Mine is still on-going... I refuse to finish it without all the proper paint and powdercoating done, so I'm just waiting on money....

The real thing to think about is... Do you really NEED much more than 250hp at the wheels? For most of you guys drifting with SR's, you're running about the same power with no issues. Obviously as you up the level you compete at, you'll need to up it... but for a reliable, daily driven, street car that can go out there and hang with the rest of the kids on the track, why not?!

Plus, if/when the motor fails, you're out $400 for a new one, haha!

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #49
Kougeki
Zilvia Junkie

Kougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kougeki Send a message via MSN to Kougeki Send a message via Yahoo to Kougeki
Imma book mark this page for future reference. Great build, and I hope you get it running to your liking.

Gamertag:XxChumbawumbaxX
Kougeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #50
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagDatto View Post
The real thing to think about is... Do you really NEED much more than 250hp at the wheels?
out of a balanced little import, no, you definitely don't.
now, if you're just trying to blow the doors off anything that tries to keep up with you from stoplight to stoplight, that's a different story. but that's not what our cars are for.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:24 AM   #51
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Fucking killer price for your setup!
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #52
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Glad someone out there did it and finished! Mine is still on-going... I refuse to finish it without all the proper paint and powdercoating done, so I'm just waiting on money....

The real thing to think about is... Do you really NEED much more than 250hp at the wheels? For most of you guys drifting with SR's, you're running about the same power with no issues. Obviously as you up the level you compete at, you'll need to up it... but for a reliable, daily driven, street car that can go out there and hang with the rest of the kids on the track, why not?!

that whole, "do you need" hp statement is always dangerous on here.
Most of these people think they do, lol.
and shit,
Your giving these guys to much credit.
Most SR's on here are between 180 -200 HP, lol.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #53
Grantspec
Leaky Injector

Thanks for the props everyone. I want to look into running the m90 charger down the road. But honestly when I want more power than the m62 will make I will probably go ls1.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #54
Grantspec
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Thats exactly why I love the KA. I recently bought a KA for 60$ with a fidanza flywheel. hahaha That motor is currently on stand-by in case this one lets go on me.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #55
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
With your tensioner setup, do you think you'll have any issues throwing the belt? It looks a little scary with those two skinny rollers pinching it together... That's exactly how I plan on making my tensioner, though, because it puts the most pressure around the boost pulley. If the belt doesn't slip, you end up making at or just under 10psi, from what I've seen from other people's threads.

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #56
Grantspec
Leaky Injector

Quote:
With your tensioner setup, do you think you'll have any issues throwing the belt? It looks a little scary with those two skinny rollers pinching it together... That's exactly how I plan on making my tensioner, though, because it puts the most pressure around the boost pulley. If the belt doesn't slip, you end up making at or just under 10psi, from what I've seen from other people's threads.
I don't think it will throw belts but I did notice that the alternator was squealing a bit when I would blip the throttle with the lights on and the e-fans running. The alternator has a lot less belt wrap now. The belt is already pretty tight.. Might be able to get it a bit tighter though.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #57
JoshDank
Leaky Injector

JoshDank is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thats super cool man. Ill shoot you a PM for specifics when I get this thing tuned a little bit better. I live in the UCF area because I am a student there. Thats not too far at all from Sanford. 20 minutes maybe?
Yeah, I actually live by Waterford. It's maybe 20 minutes up the 417. Just let me know. I have a decent set of tools at the house if you need a garage too. I'd like to check this thing out.
JoshDank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #58
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
get this thing on an dyno and get some numbers...

hmmm, SC KA or KA with SR turbo bits??
Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #59
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
this set up makes more power than a T25 Ka-T and is more effecient. nice build
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #60
Mita Orange
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
Mita Orange is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wow looks awesome, nice work. I'd buy a kit!
Mita Orange is offline   Reply With Quote