Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
s13 sr20det lag, full boost @ 4k RPM

UPDATED LAST POST. PLEASE HELP!!!

I need some help/ advice from fellow zilvians again.

So, long story short, thought i had spun rod bearing, then thought i messed up cam shaft and rocker arms. Took it to shop (Phill @ speed of sound in sacramento, ca) and he basically tore the whole engine apart. Everything interanlly is in really good condition, the problem was a piece of silicon was bocking the oil passage to the rocker arms and cam shafts. That one piece of silicon cost me $550, but atleast i know its all good now.

So b4 he reassembled the head, i bought some used greddy ras (which i think might/can maybe be a factor in this case) and had him installed it. He said the break in time should be about 50 miles, still in break in time, but i notice the car to be lagging ALOT. I notice that when i hit the gas pedal all the way, it will lag until it get somewhere near 4K rpm and then full boost no problem (stock t25)--not getting it to redline. Before, there was no lag but now, its like a N/A until 4K rpm.

My questions:

1st Q: Is it just because the car is in the break in period that it is acting up like this?

2nd Q: Can the ras cause this too? They were a used set of greddy ras. I am thinking they MIGHT just need to re-adjust to my engine and needs a break in time too, but can this be if its lagging at low end and not all the way?

3rd Q: Is there anything else i should check for? I mean i KNOW the turbo is still good b/c no shaft play and no smoking (pretty new).

Answers: ______Your answers HERE______

(internal) MODS:
s13 sr20det w/:
greddy ras
hk step 1 264 cam shafts
greddy valve springs

*also, radiator fans can slice and dice. Shit spliced my finger open no stiches tho.

Thanks my fellow zilvians.

Last edited by bl3ujay07; 11-20-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: update
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links