Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #31
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
You don't even need a new door I've straightend out worse....and the quarter isn't even bad...I could straighten it out nearly perfect no bondo...then just a light skim to make it perfect and A LOT of block Sanding...could be fixed in 1 day painted the second...maybe 1000 with blending and.burning in the new paints
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
After getting damage like that, and the guy ran, I would immediately contact a lawyer and sue. His insurance is going to do everything in their power to pay you less than it will cost to fix the car. So make him pay for the rest.
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #33
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
You don't even need a new door I've straightend out worse....and the quarter isn't even bad...I could straighten it out nearly perfect no bondo...then just a light skim to make it perfect and A LOT of block Sanding...could be fixed in 1 day painted the second...maybe 1000 with blending and.burning in the new paints
is that considered a fix? depends BRO

like, for the majority of idiots who dont know.. sure... its fixed

im the type of guy that i like to know whats UNDER my paint. when my friend who does dent removal works on my cars, i dont like worrying about "oh, yeah you may pop off the paint with the bondo" when trying to remove dents. i use a paint gauge on my cars to know whats under the paint.

clearly, when you think of things like a smart person - you dont want some fuckin shoddy repair. i know i dont.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
hard to believe a military guy driving a hamster car.

although i did rent one once to pick up stuff from socal and it doesn't seem all that bad for the cargo space to haul shit and roomy enough to be comfortable for long road trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #35
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
clearly, when you think of things like a smart person - you dont want some fuckin shoddy repair. i know i dont.
I agree with you 100% on this... But I think we're out numbered haha. This kind of goes hand and hand with the "knockoff vs. real parts" discussion.... 95% of 240 owners are to cheap to do things the right way. They would rather spend $500 on a repair job like the asshat above outlines, vs. spending a couple grand and replacing the beat parts with new stuff.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #36
kasted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
kasted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If it wasn't the drivers fault it shouldn't be fixed shoddy, it should be put back the way it was before!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
My insurance guy told me to keep all receipts of purchases and have it appraised etc. Then I would have a high chance of getting what I actually put into the car. But I told him its kind of a restore/rebuild car that isn't daily driven and will see less that 8K miles a year. If you have high end items, it might not be a bad thing to look into. You may not get them back due to discontinued status, but at least you may get the money for it so your not double f#$%ed. I haven't fully looked into it yet, but that is what he told me to do once I start driving the car. He said it would be some form of "professional" documentation that could be used to help sway the outcome instead of "your" word. Just a thought.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #38
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
So what your saying is he should replace the entire quarter and door skin and replace rear window seal...and pay 4gs for a 5000 dollar non collectable car? Seems pointless in doing it. If it was still 95/96 sure but its not its 17 years old. And I assure you a good body man could restore that and you would never in a million years know. And the filler would prob out last the paint or even car. Even a new quarter requires filler and glazing in....soooooo what your sayin is thats cheaping out to.

On a side note I've seen pdr guys work miracles...so maybe a new skin and pdr on the quarter...either way still expensive
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #39
ragnarok
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ragnarok is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
share story about how you caught up and found his house! if you were out of your car already and he jetted..
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #40
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
So what your saying is he should replace the entire quarter and door skin and replace rear window seal...and pay 4gs for a 5000 dollar non collectable car? Seems pointless in doing it. If it was still 95/96 sure but its not its 17 years old. And I assure you a good body man could restore that and you would never in a million years know. And the filler would prob out last the paint or even car. Even a new quarter requires filler and glazing in....soooooo what your sayin is thats cheaping out to.

On a side note I've seen pdr guys work miracles...so maybe a new skin and pdr on the quarter...either way still expensive
what im sayin is, do a proper repair or dont do it at all.

if a company is going to collect insurance money, its their duty to weld in a new fender, not to bang and fill a panel.

you could bet whatever you want but i can tell you that it wont take a million years of year cycling for that filler to crack, it'll take more like a few years.

bottom line, its not a $500-1000 dollar fix
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #41
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
going to take the $2,200 and call it a day, going to make sure his insurance company pays me the full amount, buy some chargespeeds 50mils for $600 from vividracing or if anyone else on here has some for sale, and ill have an extra $1,600 for other parts/things.

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #42
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Terrible idea
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I sent you a PM tempo.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #44
chief1402

Trader Rating: (0)
chief1402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 240sx quote?

Google brought me to this page.. I have a 96 240sx I was in a wreck last weekend.. I consider my cars damage to be worse than the o.p. can you guys tell me what I'd be looking at to fix it? Or if its better to save the cash for another car. I can't post pics off my phone and I know that doesn't help... Damage is to door and quarter panel area, passenger side, door is pretty dented in, so is quarter panel, area of door frame close to qp is bent a little, door opens and closes with a hard slam. Damage goes from middle of pass. Door to the top of rear tire.
chief1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #45
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1402 View Post
Google brought me to this page.. I have a 96 240sx I was in a wreck last weekend.. I consider my cars damage to be worse than the o.p. can you guys tell me what I'd be looking at to fix it? Or if its better to save the cash for another car. I can't post pics off my phone and I know that doesn't help... Damage is to door and quarter panel area, passenger side, door is pretty dented in, so is quarter panel, area of door frame close to qp is bent a little, door opens and closes with a hard slam. Damage goes from middle of pass. Door to the top of rear tire.
Have a friend set it on fire while you're sleeping, collect insurance money and go buy a honda.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #46
chief1402

Trader Rating: (0)
chief1402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
96 240sx quote?

Haha, That won't work in my case.. I've only got liability.
chief1402 is offline   Reply With Quote