Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #241
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by humilde_s13 View Post
just got a ticket for too loud of a exhaust. megan drift spec 2.5'' catback too loud?
Read your states code for exhausts. Might also be a town/city code. My town has a code of too loud exhaust...but it is vague. It is mostly directed at people that you can hear from a 1/4 mile away or more. I have never pulled someone over for it...but have been tempted. Mostly Honda cars with horrible exhausts.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #242
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
abooout once every 3 months
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #243
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
As far as license plate wise... Most of the CHP here in california seem to only pull you over if you happen to just pull down an empty street with them just hanging out there. Thats what happen to me at least, I was literally on my way to the DMV to get my tags and one of the streets thats a short cut to get there had an officer just sitting there. I did not have any front plate on and he pulled me over and just said the typical

(officer) "license and registration please then sort of sarcastically said " did you know your license plate is gone in the front ? and your tags are out..... why ??"

(Me)" well i actually dont have the mounting piece for it and it keeps falling off with out it, and literally sir i was heading to the DMV right now to get them. If you want you can follow me to the DMV and even watch me put them on "

(Officer)" so if i follow you right now youll have your tags ready ?

(me) "yep"

As i started to offer him to follow me to prove to him i was getting the tags he put his ticket book away. I saw him almost touch that pen onto the book and just told him what i told him and he knew i was telling the truth.

He actually just said he believes me and let me go.

I have been pulled over though by cops that just are assholes.. For the most part.. If you can just be honest, they sometimes will let you go. They can smell a mile away...

Another time i was pulled over literally with out my license, i was coming home from 7-11 after realizing i had lost my wallet and what do ya know... i get pulled over...

He asks me for my license..

(Me) sir i have no idea how but i somehow i seem to of lost my wallet.

(officer) Step out of the car...

He then puts me in the back of his squad car literally i think was gonna have my car impounded.

(me) Sir please dont write me a ticket, i have a perfect record and i really dont wanna tarnish it what so ever, ive learned my mistake but i honestly thought it was in my sweatshirt pocket)

( Officer ) you better not let me see you again or im not letting you go

Thankfully he let me go home.

My advice is just try to sound sincere and honest... The people that try to be smart asses when getting pulled over... they arent getting anywhere with that plan... Show the officer respect regardless if you hate them or not ... they may take it easy on you.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #244
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
As far as license plate wise... Most of the CHP here in california seem to only pull you over if you happen to just pull down an empty street with them just hanging out there. Thats what happen to me at least, I was literally on my way to the DMV to get my tags and one of the streets thats a short cut to get there had an officer just sitting there. I did not have any front plate on and he pulled me over and just said the typical

(officer) "license and registration please then sort of sarcastically said " did you know your license plate is gone in the front ? and your tags are out..... why ??"

(Me)" well i actually dont have the mounting piece for it and it keeps falling off with out it, and literally sir i was heading to the DMV right now to get them. If you want you can follow me to the DMV and even watch me put them on "

(Officer)" so if i follow you right now youll have your tags ready ?

(me) "yep"

As i started to offer him to follow me to prove to him i was getting the tags he put his ticket book away. I saw him almost touch that pen onto the book and just told him what i told him and he knew i was telling the truth.

He actually just said he believes me and let me go.

I have been pulled over though by cops that just are assholes.. For the most part.. If you can just be honest, they sometimes will let you go. They can smell a mile away...

Another time i was pulled over literally with out my license, i was coming home from 7-11 after realizing i had lost my wallet and what do ya know... i get pulled over...

He asks me for my license..

(Me) sir i have no idea how but i somehow i seem to of lost my wallet.

(officer) Step out of the car...

He then puts me in the back of his squad car literally i think was gonna have my car impounded.

(me) Sir please dont write me a ticket, i have a perfect record and i really dont wanna tarnish it what so ever, ive learned my mistake but i honestly thought it was in my sweatshirt pocket)

( Officer ) you better not let me see you again or im not letting you go

Thankfully he let me go home.

My advice is just try to sound sincere and honest... The people that try to be smart asses when getting pulled over... they arent getting anywhere with that plan... Show the officer respect regardless if you hate them or not ... they may take it easy on you.
Exactly! Cops see through the bullshit because they take classes that educate them on who is lying and who is not. They look for verbal and physical queues. Another thing i can mention - dont be a pussy when on the road. Just because a cop is next to you or near you doesnt mean he will pull you over. I usually pass them up or get ahead and drive in front of them to show them i have nothing to hide or be afraid off. If they notice you trying to dodge them, you will likely get pulled over because lets face it, 240s are rice. You are not driving a porsche or a lambo. Lol
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #245
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
i daily my janky p.o.s and never get pulled
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #246
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
Exactly! Cops see through the bullshit because they take classes that educate them on who is lying and who is not. They look for verbal and physical queues. Another thing i can mention - dont be a pussy when on the road. Just because a cop is next to you or near you doesnt mean he will pull you over. I usually pass them up or get ahead and drive in front of them to show them i have nothing to hide or be afraid off. If they notice you trying to dodge them, you will likely get pulled over because lets face it, 240s are rice. You are not driving a porsche or a lambo. Lol
Yep, if you start to avoid me like the plague on the road, you are perking my interest into why. Then I will find a traffic violation to make a stop on you.

Also don't lie to cops. We will find out the truth. If you lie, the easy route that we were going to do for you (i.e. warning, throw whatever it is away, etc) is out the window.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #247
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
Yep, if you start to avoid me like the plague on the road, you are perking my interest into why. Then I will find a traffic violation to make a stop on you.

Also don't lie to cops. We will find out the truth. If you lie, the easy route that we were going to do for you (i.e. warning, throw whatever it is away, etc) is out the window.
Does having "Baby on board" , "I<3Cops" or "NAVY/ARMY" decals help at all from getting pulled over?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #248
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I hardly ever get pulled over. However, in the great state of California, I get in more trouble for not driving than I do driving.

This morning at work, I'm doing an oil change for a customer and I get a call from my neighbor telling me that the police are at my house searching through my 240's. I have one parked on the side of my house, and another parked in the street (running car.) Both 240's have full exterior, wheels, and are not covered in cobwebs, dirt or anything. They are nice looking and do not look like junkyard vehicles. I guess they were doing a local waste of time search through neighborhood and run plates thing, and gave me shit for my cars that are on NON-OP, being parked and not driven. Long story short, it is illegal to have a car parked at your own residence if it does not run. I now have 3 days to get both cars running, smogged, registered, and tagged up to date, or else they will both be towed. Either that or I need to find a place to put them.

Fucking California I swear.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #249
DJZ
Zilvia Member

DJZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
I hardly ever get pulled over. However, in the great state of California, I get in more trouble for not driving than I do driving.

This morning at work, I'm doing an oil change for a customer and I get a call from my neighbor telling me that the police are at my house searching through my 240's. I have one parked on the side of my house, and another parked in the street (running car.) Both 240's have full exterior, wheels, and are not covered in cobwebs, dirt or anything. They are nice looking and do not look like junkyard vehicles. I guess they were doing a local waste of time search through neighborhood and run plates thing, and gave me shit for my cars that are on NON-OP, being parked and not driven. Long story short, it is illegal to have a car parked at your own residence if it does not run. I now have 3 days to get both cars running, smogged, registered, and tagged up to date, or else they will both be towed. Either that or I need to find a place to put them.

I agree california cops suck and they arnt very smart. I used to get stopped fairly often and one time I was driving a 240 coupe with some work supplies on the back seat and this cop lady stops me and has me step out of the car then all of a sudden she freaks out and is like "thats nitrous" pointing into the back seat of my car and im like"umm no its not" I didnt even know what she was pointing at, and shes all like "dont play games with me that is nitrous" then I tell her i have no idea what she is pointing at and she's all like its right there pointing to my paint gun. I lol and say thats a paint gun.. she continues to insist that its nitrous. its ironic cuz before i drove a 240 i drove a camaro with a 10lb bottle of nitrous mounted in plain sight behind the passenger seat and never even got looked at by the police. Another time I was driving a beat up coupe multi colored and what not and I pull into my college parking lot and as im walking away from my car a city cop stops me and asks where im going, (I was wearing a back pack it was pretty obvious where I was going) so I hold up the back pack straps and say "class" he then asks me if thats my car and i say ya, long story short he holds me up makes me give him all my info name, what class im going to, building its in. etc. and he makes me late to class. that 240 did look like junk though.
DJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #250
zo0d
Zilvia Member

zo0d is on a distinguished road
I've had a DT ask if I wanted to run for slips...... while I was parked. The look on my face must've been priceless.

I've had a cop tell me to "light em up" on my way out of the gym.

I've been pulled over for a "tint violation" only to be asked if my car was for sale....

Most cops leave me alone and actually like my ride. A few of them used to have sr'd 240's.
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #251
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
LOL California.

it's deemed out like it's amazing there.

i guess not. at least in the south, cops believe in the freedom of being able to do what you want to your belongings.
iRONDONkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #252
two40z
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
two40z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
SoCal they look at my front mount then see i have no license plate in the front and they try turning around in traffic so i go through small residential areas and park..
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #253
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

wow thats all i can say, i thought it was bad but holy shit! i feel for you man! i really mean that!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #254
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBrown View Post
This is a dumbass statement. It does not take into account any profiling by police, which of course happens everyday - regardless if you drive a modified 240, EVO, Z33, etc.
The statement he made is very much so valid.

Right hand drive cars around here get a lot of attention from cops because they rarely see them. Most cops think they're illegal (), but it all depends on how you drive...the older fellows I know that drive them and drive them "quietly" (no ripping around, speed limits, no stupid lane changes) rarely get ticketed, let alone pulled over. the kids (I am one myself but I tend to drive like an old man) that rip around and bounce off the rev limiter get pulled over left right and centre. doesnt matter if youre driving a bone stock impreza or a straight piped RB240. Attitude when driving is everything, nevermind not giving cops smart ass answers when they do pull you over (or bitching about it).

mind you, the older guys i mentioned, all drive highly modded Skylines, most of them stock looking, all pushing big power numbers (some of them even riced out (google "skyline R32 pinky)).

Maturity (driving and in conversation) counts my friends.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #255
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONDONkey View Post
LOL California.

it's deemed out like it's amazing there.

i guess not. at least in the south, cops believe in the freedom of being able to do what you want to your belongings.
Here in California, cops believe in "fuck you I am the law and I wanna get paid"
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #256
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Here in California, cops believe in "fuck you I am the law and I wanna get paid"
Welcome to California. At least lane splitting is legal here.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #257
slidewayzz
Leaky Injector

slidewayzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Twice every 6 months, i'd say.

Burb cops have nothing better to do.
slidewayzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #258
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
Does having "Baby on board" , "I<3Cops" or "NAVY/ARMY" decals help at all from getting pulled over?
Not at all
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #259
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^Not 100% true. I hate stickers but I do keep my "UNITED STATES AIR FORCE" sticker on my car. It DOES work. Granted I don't drive like an ass but still.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #260
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
^Not 100% true. I hate stickers but I do keep my "UNITED STATES AIR FORCE" sticker on my car. It DOES work. Granted I don't drive like an ass but still.
I pull anyone over regardless of what dumb sticker they have on the back of their vehicle.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #261
skysilvias13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
skysilvias13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I wouldn't say stickers help but I know for a fact that my combat vet plates do. Keep in mind I do not disclose or say it to the officer.

A lot of people do not understand most of the time the officer doesn't want to really pull you over anyway. Being stupid and negligent is what gets you pulled majority of the time.

GoPro cams have been also a helpful deterrent especially when the officer asks what is pointed at them. Be respectful, have common understanding, and avoid being a prick, because lets just face it in that given moment the officer has the upper hand.

Having all your documents and being 110% honest and genuine will usually get you a warning.

I have owned a right hand drive, ITBd datsun, SRd turbo cars. Never had the experience of being hood popd or trolled.
skysilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #262
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I pull anyone over regardless of what dumb sticker they have on the back of their vehicle.
What would you say your limits are for speeding? As in 5 over, 10 over, or more?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #263
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
What would you say your limits are for speeding? As in 5 over, 10 over, or more?
Depends on a few things.

1) What is the area? In my area, we have several places that don't have huge traffic flows at night. So going 5-10 over might not get a ticket, but might get a pull over due to looking for DUI's. Also, I might just tail you for a little bit, again looking for DUI. If you are just speeding and slow down, I will just turn around. But if I notice weaving and other things while following, that will make me stop you.

Also depends if you are going through residential areas, school zones, or the highway.

2) Time of day. Is it 2am or 2pm? Because some of the areas that I stated in 1 have high traffic flow in the day time. If you are speeding 10 over at 2pm, there are more chances you are going to get a ticket because of the flow of traffic and the possibility you can hurt someone.

3) What is your driving behavior? Aggressive? Controlled? Inattentive? Those all come into play when I follow someone.

4) This probably is a combination of a few things, but was the violation significant? For instance, rolling through a red light while making a right hand turn. Unless you almost caused an accident or made traffic have to slow to you, yes, ticket time. But if there was no other vehicle, then no, just a warning. Did you blow through a red light at an intersection? At all times of day, for me, that is a ticket.

There are a few more things, but it all depends.

Also, someone stated using cameras while being stopped. Just a reminder, if you are doing that, and you wind up arrested, that camera will be impounded as evidence. And could stay with us for up to 3 years...depending if stuff goes to trial or not. Just a heads up. Some PD's in Az, if they notice someone video taping with a phone during a investigation (usually for DUI or something else major) will give the person two choices. Download the content for them or they will get a warrant to take the phone. Just beware if you like your recording device...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #264
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:

My parents HOA is like that. One of their neighbors (who is on the HOA board) down the street has been harassing the shit out of us about both my cars. They left an anonymous note in the mailbox saying that my s13 was bringing down their property value and that they were going to have it towed if I continued to park on the street. I moved it into the driveway and they started complaining about my s14(also in the driveway) because it "looked bad", which it does. So I put a cover on it and that shut them up for a little bit. They then tried to use the HOA to put a lien agaisnt my parents house for having a car with a cover on it in the driveway. Took the cover off and they called the county code enforcement people who sent a cop to the house. Now its in the garage and they still bitch about it if the garage door is open. Its fucking rediculous.

Douchebags even pushed through an ammendment to the HOA rules that banned working on cars in your driveway or garage.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #265
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
Douchebags even pushed through an ammendment to the HOA rules that banned working on cars in your driveway or garage.
What are the reprocussions for working on your car in your garage if you get caught? That sounds ridiculous.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #266
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Also, someone stated using cameras while being stopped. Just a reminder, if you are doing that, and you wind up arrested, that camera will be impounded as evidence. And could stay with us for up to 3 years...depending if stuff goes to trial or not. Just a heads up. Some PD's in Az, if they notice someone video taping with a phone during a investigation (usually for DUI or something else major) will give the person two choices. Download the content for them or they will get a warrant to take the phone. Just beware if you like your recording device...
If you really have a complaint can't the dash-cam video from the police car be subpoenaed? ALL ploice cars have dash-cams...

Quote:
My parents HOA is like that. One of their neighbors (who is on the HOA board) down the street has been harassing the shit out of us about both my cars. They left an anonymous note in the mailbox saying that my s13 was bringing down their property value and that they were going to have it towed if I continued to park on the street. I moved it into the driveway and they started complaining about my s14(also in the driveway) because it "looked bad", which it does. So I put a cover on it and that shut them up for a little bit. They then tried to use the HOA to put a lien agaisnt my parents house for having a car with a cover on it in the driveway. Took the cover off and they called the county code enforcement people who sent a cop to the house. Now its in the garage and they still bitch about it if the garage door is open. Its fucking rediculous.

HOA's suck ass and can pretty much pass whatever rules they want. when you move-in, you sign a contract. If you break that contract they can make you leave.

I live in Simi Valley and we have similar laws regarding non-running vehicles within public view. You HAVE to be aware of ALL local laws regarding "junk" cars before you bring your project home...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #267
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
What are the reprocussions for working on your car in your garage if you get caught? That sounds ridiculous.
Pretty sure its the same as having the car in the driveway, lien against the house. Its completely ridiculous. The thing that pisses me off the most is that they won't just come by the house and let us know there's a problem. Instead they do juvenile shit like leave notes or go straight to the HOA/police. We're reasonable people, if they have a problem all they have to do is approach us and we can work something out.

They don't even have to look at the damn car(s). None of my neighbors who live in the immediate area have an issue and they have to see it every day if its parked outside. This includes the state representative for my district that lives across the street.

As for knowing the laws, there is a county code concerning "junk" cars but its not enforced at all unless someone makes it an issue.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #268
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Sounds like you need to knit pick his house/yard and start playing his own game.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #269
cj1977

cj1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Fuck those Nazi communist pigs. Next fly the American flag and see what they do.
cj1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #270
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
Pretty sure its the same as having the car in the driveway, lien against the house. Its completely ridiculous. The thing that pisses me off the most is that they won't just come by the house and let us know there's a problem. Instead they do juvenile shit like leave notes or go straight to the HOA/police. We're reasonable people, if they have a problem all they have to do is approach us and we can work something out.

They don't even have to look at the damn car(s). None of my neighbors who live in the immediate area have an issue and they have to see it every day if its parked outside. This includes the state representative for my district that lives across the street.

As for knowing the laws, there is a county code concerning "junk" cars but its not enforced at all unless someone makes it an issue.
Reminds me of the time I was working on my RB in my friends driveway one sunday afternoon. Mind you this was at 3PM-ish in a non-deed restricted neighborhood, no HOA or anything. I was open downpipe at the time, and I guess I was being a little loud. Some lady walks up behind me (didn't see her), and goes on to ask me "do you KNOW how LOUD this car is?" Ignored her. She got insistent, started swearing and telling me about her kids that were sleeping (whatever) and tapped me on the shoulder. Turned around and stood up, pointed at my ear and pretended to do some sign language. Her face went white. My buddy saw the whole thing and went along with it, she apologized and went home.