Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:05 AM   #1
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Sileighty

archive this or something for others to cut and paste!

rumor still. no SOLID proof
yes there are pics from a 'brochure' but i dont recall a FULL scan of the brochure

points to consider:

no one has ever come up with a sil80 part number
no sil80s have popped up since the supposed '500 made' (nothing in magazines or yahoo japan or otherwise)
it is though that Kid's Heart MADE the sil80s and sold the 500.

its not set in stone of the sil80 rumor. until part numbers show up or a picture of the car (beyond the 1 or 2 shown) will i believe it. as same goes with most people who do some leg work on it
who's kid's heart?
read this:

sil80 by DriftmaniaKen

read this part specifically (i bolded it for the lazy)!

hi. my name is ken and i work for japanese drift magazine called `Battle Magazine`.
i see some of you arguing about nissan produced sileighty or not. since i actually talked to some people in japan who made sileighty, i`ll give you the truth about sileighty.
used car and custom shop `kids heart` planned and sold THE SILEIGHTY which PRODUCED by nissan. they were 500 limited.

the guy who had 180SX crashed his front end and he found silvia face. so he just used silvia front end to fix his car. maybe this is how sileighty started.

BUT this is true that MR Takayama from `kids heart` did plan and sold the sileighty which produced by nissan.

i hope i made it clear for everyone.

oh and some of you who needs evednece, call Mr takayama at kids heart at 011(int`l #)-81(japanese country #)-0568(kids heart area code)-24-1222

get a japanese translater and call them if you dont agree. until then. CASE CLOSED!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That guy's post is damn hard to understand. His English isn't very clear... at least not to a redneck like me.

His second post makes it clear, though. "the sileighties were produced by NISSAN DEALER." That's the key...

It sounds like the Sileighty is just as much Nissan, as the Buick GNX is a Buick. The Buick GNX was only half produced by Buick... 547 normal Buick Grand Nationals were shipped to ASC/Mclaren (no, not THAT Mclaren) to be converted into the GNX (upgraded turbo, etc). They were sold through select Buick dealers as Buicks, but not built by Buick.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:25 PM   #3
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

Trader Rating: (0)
sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
done
Old 04-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by AKADriver
That guy's post is damn hard to understand. His English isn't very clear... at least not to a redneck like me.

His second post makes it clear, though. "the sileighties were produced by NISSAN DEALER." That's the key...

It sounds like the Sileighty is just as much Nissan, as the Buick GNX is a Buick. The Buick GNX was only half produced by Buick... 547 normal Buick Grand Nationals were shipped to ASC/Mclaren (no, not THAT Mclaren) to be converted into the GNX (upgraded turbo, etc). They were sold through select Buick dealers as Buicks, but not built by Buick.
Another similar car would be the 300ZX SMZ. Nissan hired Steve Millen to modify a few 300zxtt's to be sold at select dealerships around the country to boost sales. I doubt you will find any seperate parts numbers for it through a dealership, but it is very much a Nissan car, sold by Nissan. I would classify the sil-80 with the SMZ and the GNX judging by what has been said so far.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:59 AM   #5
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

boro240 is making a name for him/her selfboro240 is making a name for him/her self
here is the Kidsheart site for the sileighty. they give costs, equipment, colors, date of manufactur (it claims may 1 1998), everything.

http://www.kidsheart.co.jp/sil.htm

interesting note is you could order one with a Nismo LSD installed as an option. this confirms the dealer made theory, as it is clearly stated on the site (if you can read japanese). and if you want it in english, babelfish puts it as "until now, as a new model car it did not exist." and "entrusts vehicle production to the NISSAN related dealer and sells as the new model car."

theres the proof.

edit: on the site they do mention that sileighty "emblems" were made for the glass and rear.

Last edited by boro240; 04-29-2003 at 08:01 AM..
Old 04-29-2003, 06:08 PM   #6
Tuck&Poke
Zilvia FREAK!

Tuck&Poke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tuck&Poke Send a message via Yahoo to Tuck&Poke
i didnt even know there was so much controversy about the sil eighty....i thought it was just another conversion. Ive played GT2...or was it 1...i dun remember, but i do remember winning the car, and what they said on the other forum its true, it might just be a video game, but it still has laws it has to follow, and if nissan licenses the use of their vehicles, then w/e the makes of GT wrote on there has to be true, or they can be sued.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

boro240 is making a name for him/her selfboro240 is making a name for him/her self
think about it this way. if GT1 (2, or whatever game) had a camaro with a corvette front end called a cormaro (or whatever), theyd still have to get rights from chevy (as they make both of those cars). that doesnt mean that the cormero is an official chevy product though.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #8
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

JasonNagra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JasonNagra
I found this. They call it the "real thing" or whatever and I belive it says sileighty on the rear panel. Seems real, but I dont know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sileighty_page3.jpg (173.4 KB, 707 views)

Edit: check your link.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:13 PM   #9
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

i was bored, so heres pics of the actual shop. you can see the sileighty sign.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:47 PM   #10
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

JasonNagra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JasonNagra
I am geussing we now confirmed that one way or another sileighty's were produced in a small quantity. Cool.

Hey Boro,

Do you like sileighties? A lot of people think they don't look right, but I think there quite nice. I would never do it on my S13 FB, but I do like it a lot...

Edit: check your link.

Last edited by JasonNagra; 04-29-2003 at 08:50 PM..
Old 04-29-2003, 09:07 PM   #11
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

i like some sileighties, if its done right.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by boro240

Sign says "Kizzu Haato"
Old 04-29-2003, 11:07 PM   #13
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

and?
Old 04-30-2003, 12:18 AM   #14
808rps13
Leaky Injector

808rps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
recently found a Sileighty brochure for sale on Yahoo Japan... starting bid was 5000 yen and was up to 6500 when i last checked (don't know what it finally sold for b/c unlike Ebay, once an auction is over on Yahoo JP you need an account to check on that stuff)... anyways, on to the pics of the brochure

haha, oh and "kizzu haato" = kids heart, you can also see that on the 2nd pic on the bottom of the brochure...

Last edited by 808rps13; 04-30-2003 at 12:30 AM..
Old 04-30-2003, 11:26 AM   #15
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by boro240
and?
Free Dom

6500 yen for a brochure whoa, isn't it like 120yen to 1USD
Old 07-07-2003, 10:37 PM   #16
Trust T518

Trust T518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Trust T518
so basically da sileighty is a official nissan licensed car.