Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #61
Veryflush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Veryflush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkpH...e_gdata_player

My first event ever. Practice makes perfect. The more fun you try to have the better you get. I started with a 360whp sr with to much angle for stock offset. Kept grabbing the frame and spinning out. Lol still had fun.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Veryflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #62
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veryflush View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkpH...e_gdata_player

My first event ever. Practice makes perfect. The more fun you try to have the better you get. I started with a 360whp sr with to much angle for stock offset. Kept grabbing the frame and spinning out. Lol still had fun.

That's very high HP# car to learn drifting. Not saying it's bad but you will miss out some of technics from drifting under powered cars.

But as long as we all can enjoy driving. that's all it matters.
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #63
Veryflush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Veryflush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
That's very high HP# car to learn drifting. Not saying it's bad but you will miss out some of technics from drifting under powered cars.

But as long as we all can enjoy driving. that's all it matters.
Yeah a lot of people made it seem as if you have more power it would be easier...(easier to get sideways but no keep in a slide lol) now I have more power and angle mods but it's setup correctly this time. Rd 2 should be fun. Ill post a video after I try out thr new setup.

Veryflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #64
driftracerx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
driftracerx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedobear Run Kids View Post
I just died!!!! Frank_Jaeger make that comment your sig!
lmao ... im about to make his comment my sig ....
driftracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #65
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
But it's already MY sig...
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #66
silly240

Trader Rating: (0)
silly240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Get off the forumns and out to a track day, no amount of advice compares to getting out there.
silly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #67
KevinPhillips

KevinPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3735 View Post
It's the person not the car
True^ its all about seat time and technique

Facebook.com/KevinPhillipsRacing
KevinPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #68
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silly240 View Post
Get off the forumns and out to a track day, no amount of advice compares to getting out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPhillips View Post
True^ its all about seat time and technique
This is very true listen to these guys, I used to be good when I was able to afford to go to the track. still hopeing I can get track time this year thou
Dont be some sorry ass that rely on power alone, learn skill.

Try ride alongs with actual good drifters, learn technique, push yourself don't be afraid, it's all mental practice and stay Positive Have fun, laugh when you mess up or spin out! I've seen many come n go because they got "fed up at drifting" so now you know.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #69
jdm18

jdm18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Drifting is an advanced driving technique, it is NOT the first thing you jump into. Learn how to drive the god damned car FIRST. Once you have close to MASTERED "grip driving", THEN you are ready to learn how to drift. All these dumbass kids think they're just going to jump right in and start drifting without learning anything about actually driving the fucking car first. OP is a fucking MORON, lock this shit already...

dude do you hate your life or something? EVERYTIME!! i see you post its something negative or trash talking someone. you remind me of the 'old guys' at work who cant stand the new people, all they do is talk bad and think every question they ask is stupid... let the so called 'kid' be a kid! and mind your own already. if your not going to help him then wtf are you posting for. .

OP: like people have stated, the best way is try it for yourself, know your car and what it needs and what you need to get 'good'. your going to mess up your car and thats ok, thats part of the learning process. so enjoy and good luck to you!
jdm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #70
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm18 View Post
dude do you hate your life or something? EVERYTIME!! i see you post its something negative or trash talking someone. you remind me of the 'old guys' at work who cant stand the new people, all they do is talk bad and think every question they ask is stupid... let the so called 'kid' be a kid! and mind your own already. if your not going to help him then wtf are you posting for. .

OP: like people have stated, the best way is try it for yourself, know your car and what it needs and what you need to get 'good'. your going to mess up your car and thats ok, thats part of the learning process. so enjoy and good luck to you!
Are you fucking serious???

What in the world could possibly make you think that responding to my post from like a month ago in a trash thread was worth your time?

If you don't know how to drive a fucking car, don't go drifting. It's simple. Drifting is a driving technique. You have to learn a whole lot of other driving techniques before you go out and try to be a "drifter". It's NOT easy, NOT EVERYBODY can do it, at least be any good at it that is. Fucking idiot kids go out and buy a 240 just so they can be a "drifter". They don't want to put in the effort to actually learn anything. They just wanna jump right in feet first. The fact that the OP posted this thread tells me exactly that about him. No research, no work ethic, no experience. Dude just posted a thread expecting all the information he desires to be handed to him on a silver platter. It doesn't work like that...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #71
driftracerx
Zilvia Member

Not true drifting is easy just weld your diff.... and your car will practically drift its dam self
(all statements in this comment are intended for the track, please leave drifting on the streets for intial d , and need for speed underground)
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #72
13esim
Leaky Injector

13esim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftracerx View Post
Not true drifting is easy just weld your diff.... and your car will practically drift its dam self
(all statements in this comment are intended for the track, please leave drifting on the streets for intial d , and need for speed underground)
and Forza Horizon
13esim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #73
driftracerx
Zilvia Member

^ lol oh yes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #74
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
It's like asking how can one person fail at life and the other not? The answer: Lack of common sense, education, and experience. Without the above mentioned you will suck at driving, and posting on Zilvia as well life in general.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #75
Hiighboost2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
Hiighboost2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Hiighboost2
Get your car setup for drifting and get some seat time.
I've driven at a few events so far, and it wasen't until probably the 3rd or 4th event that I actually started getting the hang of drifting.
That had alot to do with my cars setup as well, since after each event I would address any issues I was having.
Imo its all about getting out there and having fun. You will find out pretty quickly if drifting is for you or not.
Oh and I'm still rocking a stock KA.

Instagram @hiighboost @iasperformance
Hiighboost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #76
kouki-mayne

kouki-mayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3735 View Post
It's the person not the car
Not always true if you have a shitty setup.

For example, my best friend was drifting his SR coupe that had a bad alignment and a few small issues and he was spinning out all day and couldnt get it right. Then I let him drive my VH S14 and he killed it, linked the whole course and his line was on point.

But the way I see it is, it's like any other sport. Either you got it or you don't, practice obviously helps, but some people will just be good at it naturally..

My best advice for drifting is to not be a pussy, go fast!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #77
box

box is an unknown quantity at this point
learn how to read and drive a proper race line as well. too many dudes say some lines are 'not possible' because they dont have 800hp, and then the NAKA dude goes and kills it because he understands line and how to not get too much angle at the wrong times, slowing you down.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #78
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I heard it is extremely easy like you can do it in as little as 5 hours just like cramming for a final the night before you have to actually take the test. Just grab a couple of redbulls, some hot pockets, and have at it on gran turismo. By morning you should be a DK (drift king)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #79
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This was my second event and first time for my buddies. Im in the S14.

Nothing beats seat time and not being afraid to try different techniques. One thing I did notice since I am drifting with a stock KA is that finding the perfect line is key for underpowered cars.

I think I got it down on the last run in the video.

Fresno Tanso Tandem or Die V.3 (240sx, E30, E36 Drifting) HD - YouTube
Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #80
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Are you fucking serious???

What in the world could possibly make you think that responding to my post from like a month ago in a trash thread was worth your time?

If you don't know how to drive a fucking car, don't go drifting. It's simple. Drifting is a driving technique. You have to learn a whole lot of other driving techniques before you go out and try to be a "drifter". It's NOT easy, NOT EVERYBODY can do it, at least be any good at it that is. Fucking idiot kids go out and buy a 240 just so they can be a "drifter". They don't want to put in the effort to actually learn anything. They just wanna jump right in feet first. The fact that the OP posted this thread tells me exactly that about him. No research, no work ethic, no experience. Dude just posted a thread expecting all the information he desires to be handed to him on a silver platter. It doesn't work like that...

why must you be so aggressive? we get it you just dont jump into a 240 and learn how to drift, bashing this kid with how you just know the type of person he is and wants everything in a silver platter blah blah is your personal opinion. Wasting your time when you could concentrated that hate to another idiot that post how can i get 400 hp in a sr any ideas help. op just try doing figure 8's and "manji drift" look all this up if you have a nice open parking lot at night you should be drifting in no time you really wanna focus on your counter steering/ steering lock first at low speeds and those two techniques are what helped me alot!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #81
StayinSidewayz
Leaky Injector

StayinSidewayz is an unknown quantity at this point
alotta hate..man you just gotta go out and do it. starting slow then go up very slowly.
StayinSidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #82
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
why must you be so aggressive? we get it you just dont jump into a 240 and learn how to drift, bashing this kid with how you just know the type of person he is and wants everything in a silver platter blah blah is your personal opinion. Wasting your time when you could concentrated that hate to another idiot that post how can i get 400 hp in a sr any ideas help. op just try doing figure 8's and "manji drift" look all this up if you have a nice open parking lot at night you should be drifting in no time you really wanna focus on your counter steering/ steering lock first at low speeds and those two techniques are what helped me alot!
That idiot asking how to get 400 HP in an SR is just the same as asking how to drift, both are questions asked over and over repeatedly on this forum, and could have been answered by a simple search.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #83
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
why must you be so aggressive? we get it you just dont jump into a 240 and learn how to drift, bashing this kid with how you just know the type of person he is and wants everything in a silver platter blah blah is your personal opinion. Wasting your time when you could concentrated that hate to another idiot that post how can i get 400 hp in a sr any ideas help.
This thread is twice as stupid as getting 400hp in an SR. I bash MORONS. You don't just get up one morning, with no experience, and say "gee I think I wanna be a super awesome JDM drifter guy". Cars/driving is a way of life. It is not a hobby. A car is not a toy, it's a tool. These dumbfuck kids have no respect for their tools. Much less enough patience and dedication to actually learn how to use them. I've got no respect for drift kids because they think it's all a game. You're taking your life in your hands when participating in any type of motorsport. Those who think it's all a game have no respect or understanding of that. I have no respect for that attitude.

Last edited by racepar1; 05-16-2013 at 10:49 PM..
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #84
CienOchentaSX

CienOchentaSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
this was my second event and first time for my buddies. Im in the s14.

Nothing beats seat time and not being afraid to try different techniques. One thing i did notice since i am drifting with a stock ka is that finding the perfect line is key for underpowered cars.

I think i got it down on the last run in the video.

fresno tanso tandem or die v.3 (240sx, e30, e36 drifting) hd - youtube
our events are a great place to learn.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #85
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CienOchentaSX View Post
our events are a great place to learn.
Yes !
Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #86
s13livin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
s13livin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
im still laughing at this 2 months later
Old 05-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #87
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13livin View Post
im still laughing at this 2 months later
Sometimes when I haven't been on Zilvia for a while and I log on and see my sig I let out a laugh.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #88
CienOchentaSX

CienOchentaSX is an unknown quantity at this point
this was our last event come out and get some seat time again june 1st 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZSFBPZRtbc
Old 05-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #89
AJZax
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
AJZax is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
SEATTTT TIME!

Round 1 - 17th
round 2 - 10th
round 3 - 4th
round 4 - feeling BETTER than ever.... and then motor blew lol (I don't wanna talk about it haha)

different setup every time, between angle setup, coilovers, power, alignment or suspension.Would JUST get use to a setup at the end of the day. (At evergreen speedway you don't really get a lot of runs on comp days unless you make top 8 lol) (well as of 2012)

Different people have different learning curves, and sometimes peoples setup is just easier to deal with than other peoples' (poor to decent setups).

Welded diff, struts and springs or coilovers, some tie rod spacers, BAM drift.

I was sliding around open diff for a while... I feel as if it really helps me as with open you can't really adjust with throttle modulation, you have to pretty much control everything with momentum management.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #90
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i bet the OP now is suuuuuper expert jdm awesome at drifting now. lmao
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote