Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
stock flywheel on clutch kit?

Planning on buying the white bunny clutch kit from enjuku, can i run the stock flywheel or is it safer to run the lightweight competition flywheel? What do you guys think? It it worth the $350?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
works with both

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
If you have the $$ go for it, you're already going to be in there anyway.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #4
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
If you have the $$ go for it, you're already going to be in there anyway.

thats the thing im not really interested in spending another $350 in it. I think ill run the stock flywheel unless somebody says something that changes my mind.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #5
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobertsxn View Post
thats the thing im not really interested in spending another $350 in it. I think ill run the stock flywheel unless somebody says something that changes my mind.

I bought (from enjuku) a competition stage 2 full face and paired it with a spec light weight flywheel. I absolutely love it. Makes the car much more rev happy and much quicker to rev match (nice to have when road racing). As anti Tyler said, you're going to be in there, might as well replace it. You could always resurface if you want to keep it, just make sure it hasn't already been resurfaced. Throw some arp bolts while you're in there too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #6
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
I bought (from enjuku) a competition stage 2 full face and paired it with a spec light weight flywheel. I absolutely love it. Makes the car much more rev happy and much quicker to rev match (nice to have when road racing). As anti Tyler said, you're going to be in there, might as well replace it. You could always resurface if you want to keep it, just make sure it hasn't already been resurfaced. Throw some arp bolts while you're in there too.

Yeah... i think im just going to send it and buy the best i can, ill buy a lightweight flywheel and a kit but im still not sure what clutch kit to go with since there is so many. Maybe ill just run the same setup you have

Old 02-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #7
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobertsxn View Post
Yeah... i think im just going to send it and buy the best i can, ill buy a lightweight flywheel and a kit but im still not sure what clutch kit to go with since there is so many. Maybe ill just run the same setup you have

I got the sprung full face since I daily it, but honestly that fucker can take a beating (launching). It does take some more revs (less rotational mass), but I road race more than drag race, so the trade off is worth it for me. In the end though, it's an extremely important part that literally transfers all the power from the engine, not to mention it's not exactly a quick job like an oil change. Everyone has their own level of what their project is to them, and it's up to you how much you want to throw in. Ive owned schassis coming up on 7 years. Nothing is better than knowing you put the best in the car, and not having to worry about it/not having to put more money when it could've been done right the first time.

mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #8
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Stock flywheel has more weight obviously which is better for drifting cause its gonna have more momentum to brake the tires free
lightweight flywheels are more suited for road racing and high RPMS
Old 03-05-2018, 02:19 PM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You need to remove the flywheel during a clutch replacement to get the friction surface resurfaced. Good opportunity to replace it with a new one.
However, there is nothing wrong or unsafe with the factory flywheel. Save the money and get the oem resurfaced. Not enough of a noticeable benefit.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:44 PM   #10
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You need to remove the flywheel during a clutch replacement to get the friction surface resurfaced. Good opportunity to replace it with a new one.
However, there is nothing wrong or unsafe with the factory flywheel. Save the money and get the oem resurfaced. Not enough of a noticeable benefit.

Im starting to look into it, and it looks like the clutch kit comes with a flywheel on the website. Im not sure. It doesnt specify, but it gives the weight of the clutch and flywheel combined so i have no clue