Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #31
g-via
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
g-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of lightg-via is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yah i'm def not USDM-sized....hahahahahaha

I have an R32 GTR seat in my S13, I am looking for an OEM seat that sits lower tho
Old 08-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #32
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here's the only net pic I could find of the said GTR R35 seats.
Seems comfy, but idk about lateral support.

At a glace, I'd prefer the Recaro Speedster CS (as far as reclining seats).

Speedster CS Recaros

EVO X Recaros (for shits & giggles)

ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #33
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i like the RX-8 R3 Recaros

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #34
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I like the 'Poor Man's' Recaro SRD's.
New they're around 700-800ish.
I got a used one for my S14 around 300.

Just have to be careful of all the 'Variants' (aka fake shit) out there.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #35
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I have to honestly say I like the side bolsters on the R35 Seats over the speedster cs Recaros.

I will personally attest to the R32/33 seats being dope. I have run them for years. Its damn near the closest compromise you can get if you want a seat that's track worthy i.e. will hold you in, but is also a street car seat.

I can say I have also owned S15 seats and they are damn comfortable. Though they are not worth the money they get sold for most of time. Oh and they just won't hold you in like a R32/33 seat will. Its basically a racing seat for the street.

Though yes the R32/33 and 34 Skyline seats are for people that are not of large stature or thickness shall we say.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #36
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

With the R35's, I was skeptical of lateral support where the driver's thigh's are.
Support for the waist area seems good.
Support for the shoulder area, I might be able to see how it could offer more support than the Speedster CS.

With seats, imo the only accurate way to test them is probably to actually sit in the car & take it for a proper test drive.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #37
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Those arent factory R35 GTR seats (shown above), they look like optional seats ($$$)

I wouldnt recommend R35 seats to anyone other than R35 GTR owners. R35 seats are like excaliber, only a GTR owner can remove the sword from the stone... or, connect all that electronic bullshit (heaters/motors) to make that shit work.

edit: here is a pic of the r35 seats, though i have the black on black (no red siding)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #38
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Likewise, I'd imagine it would be a complete PITA to try replace the seats in a R35.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #39
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Likewise, I'd imagine it would be a complete PITA to try replace the seats in a R35.
why?

replace with stock is easy, unbolt and unplug
then replace and reverse steps

replace with aftermarket is easy, unbolt and unplug
then replace and bolt on (no plugs)

done and done
Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #40
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
i still laugh at all the multitude of sensors in the seat of a GTR. nothing like a good ole seat that requires more wiring than your engine. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #41
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I got a chance to sit in one a little while back
comfy, but I was most interested in playing with the buttons on the dash
I can also attest to the awesomeness of the R32 seats.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #42
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
Don't just spit shit out, if you don't know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPGUyqBGTTE

stock R35 seats weigh 65 lb each
must be nice getting an expensive car and just stripping it and upgrading shit just like changing your underwear lol....

65lbs for seat is pretty dam heavy. I sat in a GT-R last year at the Z nationals and they felt pretty comfy. I wonder how much them seats cost???
zylvia213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #43
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
I wonder how much them seats cost???
if you would read you would have found your answer a few post up

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #44
anotherblusi
Zilvia Junkie

anotherblusi is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a GT-R spec V seat. I took this pic at the ginza showroom last january. The spec V is supposed to be about 200lbs lighter than the normal GTR so i'm guessing this seat should be much lighter. They also completely removed the rear seat and laid in some cheapo padding, like the porsche GT3...

anotherblusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #45
ixfxi
Post Whore!

thats not cheapo padding, that shit looks nice.

but honestly, when people are astonished at how heavy the seats are i tell them to go check some of these fucking BMW and mercedes seats, theyre no joke. theyre super adjustable and super fucking heavy. this is what you pay for and what you get when you want: heating, air conditioning, motorization. in my opinion, theres no one to blame but you fucking consumers.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
PANGES
Zilvia Junkie

PANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
If you do decide to get Recaros from an Evo don't get them from a dealer.

Even looking for them on Evo forums might be a bit tough...

Typically though Evo guys are retarded and ask way too much for their seats.

like this guy....

He's quoting dealer prices for his seats. 8k for recaros? fuck that noise. He's only asking 3k, but you can get them brand new from Recaro for $1300 each.

FEELER!!!2008 Evo X Recaro Seats, MINT, 600 Miles on them SO CAL! - evolutionm.net

Get IX or VIII seats if you can. Don't get X seats. They have the built in side impact airbags which would be useless to you and are heavier.

Interesting tidbit, some insurance companies have totalled Evo VIII's due to the theft of the seats on rare occasions seeing as how they cost so much to replace...
I sold my pair of Evo 8 recaros for $500. lol. I constantly see the Evo 9 recaros for sale for around $800 for the pair, and alot of the time, they will include the rear seats too.