Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #361
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I just gotta say this here. While people complain about Zilvians being assholes and whatnot, they have no idea at just how up e butt most BMW owners are.
Just spend sometime on the BMW forums and it will make posting here a breath of fresh air.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #362
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
why are they so bad?
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #363
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
why are they so bad?
Well don't go on M3.net and start talking about wider wheels and lower offsets . Lol
It's really not easy to pinpoint lets just say they exemplify the stereotype of BMW owners. If you have to ask then you have never experienced a dickhead bimmer owner and there are a shit ton of them out there.

Let's just make this clear I owned a 510 and wanted a license plate that said I eat BMW . Fact is I remember back in my z car days when I bought a z car off an idiot that had managed to roll it. He worked at a BMW shop and you know what he said when I bought his wrecked car to part out? I own a real car now and he was driving a 2002 lol.

Face it E36's are bad ass cars but before E36's And that period of BMW the only really dope cars they had built were the E30 M3 and the 8 series. I mean ya you can talk about Alpina's (3.0 CSI) but we barely saw them here and they were still primitive as were 2002's.
It really was the E30 M3 Amd the E36 M3 that upped BMW's game and made them great. They were not on the 10 best lists ever before those Chassis . They also were not as good as Mercedes of the period .

Yet a lot of BMW onwers act like,those cars are gods gift. That is what I am talking about . It's the same today as it was then. Even Porsches owners were better than BMW owners about not being sooty asshats.

I keep my mouth shut around a lot of BMW people because they are deluded enough to say that the only reason the 510 kicked their ass on the track for 3 championship winning years is because it was a factory back effort by Datsun aka Nissan lol. They just want to dis the idea and truth that the 510 was a superior chassis.

I may like the cars E36 M3's but it does not mean I have to put up with a majority of their owners. lol

I may not own a Nissan this minute but I have not walked away from Japanese Performance cars.
Or other Performance cars as well. My BMW has its place and that's it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #364
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
that makes sense
Old 01-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #365
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

So I picked up the E46. 2002, Laguna Seca Blue, 6 spd, slick top, Harmon Kardon sound system, bilstein coil overs, the previous owner said CSL wheels, but the fronts say 19x8 so i think they're actually ZCP wheels (rears are identical on ZCP/CSLs), Status Groupe carbon front lip and rear diffuser, carbon CSL style trunk, Rogue Engineering exhaust, custom wrapped steering wheel, some other nick nacks.

My dad and I flew a red eye to New Jersey, landed at 8am and took a cab to the previous owner's house. Apparently in NJ the seller keeps the plates and the seller has to go to the DMV, show proof of insurance to get temporary plates. I wasn't expecting this but I was able to call my insurance and add the car. The temp plate was paper and super flimsy so we bought tape, taped it down and got on the road. After getting some food we started the journey west at about noon.

We drove 32 hours straight, stopping only for food and gas. While one of us drove the other slept. The car was a beast and handled it with out so much as a hiccup.

This is the seller and me. My goofy ass is on the right:

We stopped in Albuquerque and ate a good dinner and slept in a motel to recharge before the final stretch.

The coldest temps we saw were actually in Albuquerque surprisingly (20*). New Mexico was gorgeous and Albuquerque was a very cool and clean city.

Since it's laguna seca blue I had to take a picture in front of this Laguna Burger that was just outside of ABQ.

It was pretty dirty by the end of the journey.

Ended with a California sunset. We got to LA at 6pm. 50 hours from NJ to LA including a 10 hour stay in Albuquerque.

I love the car. It's very fast, the engine feels awesome. The exhaust sounds very good, it is a little too raspy for my tastes but eventually i'll fix that with some headers. The bilsteins are great, not too stiff and very little body roll in the corners. The quality of the interior is definitely in a whole different class than anything else I have owned. My dad commented that it has less interior rattles than his '12 ('13 maybe) A4 avant.

My plans for the future are to pick up camber plates and install some wheel spacers to get the fitment where I want it with these wheels. Next would be installing headers and maybe a tune. Eventually I'll swap the wheels for something else. Right now I'm leaning towards bronze CE28Ns in 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. I haven't ever seen bronze Volks on LSB and I think it will look cool and different.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #366
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Congrats, man. I had my doubts about it being from NJ, but looks like you found a winner.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #367
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Very cool man. Car looks great. I actually like the CSL style wheels I was think of putting Apex's on my Boston Green Machine. I actually just made a deal for a complete new in box street/track Ground Control short stroke Koni Coilovers with Camber caster plates. I am getting them for $1300 they usually retail for around 1700-1800.
I will probably take pics after the install. Of course I am not looking to drop this particular car too hard. It's kind of special. My Black 98 is pretty low though.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #368
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Congrats, man. I had my doubts about it being from NJ, but looks like you found a winner.
Thanks! yea if it had been a northeastern car its whole life I would have been more worried. since it was in Louisiana most of its life i felt a little better. the underside looks immaculate thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Very cool man. Car looks great. I actually like the CSL style wheels I was think of putting Apex's on my Boston Green Machine. I actually just made a deal for a complete new in box street/track Ground Control short stroke Koni Coilovers with Camber caster plates. I am getting them for $1300 they usually retail for around 1700-1800.
I will probably take pics after the install. Of course I am not looking to drop this particular car too hard. It's kind of special. My Black 98 is pretty low though.
Thank you. are you thinking of the 18in Apexs? 18s look perfect on the E36 imo. That sounds like a great suspension set up. Take pics!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:55 PM   #369
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Thanks! yea if it had been a northeastern car its whole life I would have been more worried. since it was in Louisiana most of its life i felt a little better. the underside looks immaculate thankfully.

Thank you. are you thinking of the 18in Apexs? 18s look perfect on the E36 imo. That sounds like a great suspension set up. Take pics!
Not sure but ya possibly. My Black car has E46 M3' rears all the way around 18x9 +26 which is a very aggressive offset for an E36. I could get away with a 18x9 +31 a little easier.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #370
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Not sure but ya possibly. My Black car has E46 M3' rears all the way around 18x9 +26 which is a very aggressive offset for an E36. I could get away with a 18x9 +31 a little easier.
do you have pictures of the black car? Also, how did you check the production numbers? I would like to know how many cars were produced equipped like mine.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #371
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow congrats !!
You got to give me a test ride ! Lol
Congrats again. The perfect color too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #372
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The GM5 went out on my e46. So now my car won't unlock.

I found out that the lock cylinder is broken, so the only way to unlock my car is by crawling through the ski pass.

Installing the gm5 under the dash without opening the doors is going to be fun.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #373
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviasandbeer View Post
Wow congrats !!
You got to give me a test ride ! Lol
Congrats again. The perfect color too !
Yea man if you want a test ride PM me. I'm actually living in mid wilshire area but just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
The GM5 went out on my e46. So now my car won't unlock.

I found out that the lock cylinder is broken, so the only way to unlock my car is by crawling through the ski pass.

Installing the gm5 under the dash without opening the doors is going to be fun.
Hmm Zar is going to say something negative, big surprise.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #374
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

not too far. im in palms now
if a guy in a b7 a4 waves at you, don't freak out lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-19-2015, 11:17 PM   #375
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
gearhead congrats on the e46 m3 youll find yourself constantly smiling from all the different rewarding aspects the car has to offer.

its all about the ///M

join your local bmwcca too!
Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 AM   #376
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Yea man if you want a test ride PM me. I'm actually living in mid wilshire area but just let me know.

Mid Wishire? I am over in Los Feliz basically a hop skip and a jump. Mel is cool don't worry about him.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 01-20-2015 at 01:24 AM..
Old 01-20-2015, 01:06 AM   #377
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:
I know, fuck me, right?

Like my issue that I just experienced on my e46 is totally relevant with with you and your post I didn't even read.

Fuckkkk
Old 01-20-2015, 07:07 AM   #378
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Its the BMW thread, not the Gearhead bought an e46 thread....lol

So BMW dropped the M6 at the Detroit auto show.... 560hp twin turbo 4.4l v8. Pretty nice. The s55 has been shat upon. But $106k, though? Ouch.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #379
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:

So BMW dropped the M6 at the Detroit auto show.... 560hp twin turbo 4.4l v8. Pretty nice. The s55 has been shat upon. But $106k, though? Ouch.
why are you crapping on the s55? The s63 has been around since 2010

both motors are beast mode
Old 01-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #380
simmode1
Post Whore!

Oh really? News to me.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #381
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Oh really? News to me.
np

both motors are s55 being very interesting since its the first I6 S motor produced by BMW since 2006 after the S54 went away.

the way the S55 just sits in the m3/4 engine bay is

Old 01-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #382
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I know, fuck me, right?

Like my issue that I just experienced on my e46 is totally relevant with with you and your post I didn't even read.

Fuckkkk
for some reason I thought it was directed to my post. I was drunk, I have no idea what I was thinking. my bad.

Quote:
not too far. im in palms now
if a guy in a b7 a4 waves at you, don't freak out lol
haha alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
gearhead congrats on the e46 m3 youll find yourself constantly smiling from all the different rewarding aspects the car has to offer.

its all about the ///M

join your local bmwcca too!
thanks. I plan on it!
Quote:
Mid Wishire? I am over in Los Feliz basically a hop skip and a jump. Mel is cool don't worry about him.
oh yea very close. The E36 looks good on those wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
why are you crapping on the s55? The s63 has been around since 2010

both motors are beast mode
Is this the motor that's in the M5 too? I think the turbos are mounted within the V with the induction on the outside, if that makes sense. It's a cool design
Old 01-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #383
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Is this the motor that's in the M5 too? I think the turbos are mounted within the V with the induction on the outside, if that makes sense. It's a cool design
yes bmw went to a turbo 4.4 v8 after the v10 ended its production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz-Qh90nkME

Old 01-20-2015, 11:56 PM   #384
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone got a m60b40 or m62b44 for sale in SoCal? ^_^
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:00 AM   #385
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

@vanish1

holy jumping shit balls! that video is nuts lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2015, 12:09 AM   #386
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
@vanish1

holy jumping shit balls! that video is nuts lol
lol right

someone should put vertical exhaust stacks through the hood above the turbos
Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 AM   #387
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

That is such a clever design.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #388
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/13/b...ection-system/

germans at it again luv it.

and that interior picture
Old 02-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #389
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection

Old 02-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #390
simmode1
Post Whore!

They're getting cheaper... Found a 6spd 3.0 in my area for $7k obo...
I don't understand why no one is turboing these. Are these engine that much more inferior to the older M50/M52?