Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #571
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Although it would be nice to see everything work out and make it to the event, I'd rather you be healthy and safe. Updates are great but don't go overboard and not have a thread to update anymore.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #572
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
coty_garcia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
Although it would be nice to see everything work out and make it to the event, I'd rather you be healthy and safe. Updates are great but don't go overboard and not have a thread to update anymore.
coty_garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #573
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by coty_garcia View Post
to put it plainly, don't go overboard with supplements to the point you're not healthy enough to manage the car at full chat and crash.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #574
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
he made it and got to drive!
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #575
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
he made it and got to drive!
Old 10-20-2014, 02:52 AM   #576
silvia_fiend

silvia_fiend is a jewel in the roughsilvia_fiend is a jewel in the roughsilvia_fiend is a jewel in the roughsilvia_fiend is a jewel in the roughsilvia_fiend is a jewel in the roughsilvia_fiend is a jewel in the roughsilvia_fiend is a jewel in the rough
^best gif haha.

After reading your build start to finish it's hard not to be sucked in and swept up by it. Every little victory and setback or mishap seems almost personal and it's painful for me, even though I've never met you before, to read of how close you come to completing your dream, only to be held back by so many unfortunate circumstances.
But it makes it that much more epic when you overcome them, especially with the amount of work and attention to detail you've put in to it.

Now I hate to be 'that' guy, but just curious, the second time it was tuned, when the ign timing was found to up at 37 and the coil or w/e wasn't firing properly but the tuner said to go ahead; was that the same tuner that tuned it most recently?

Cos obviously if it is he's done a great job now, but damn I would find it next to impossible to trust that guy after what his 'advice' resulted in last time. Sure what you accidentally did was the root cause, but you were happy to take the car home and sort it, however you took his advice in a field in which he is supposed to be knowledgeable, and it ended up burning you, that would just piss me right off.

Now if you can get past that and forgive the dude than hats off to you cos that shit was just brutal.

Anyway enough of my ranting, I'm looking forward to some vids of this thing sliding, keep up the awesome work!
silvia_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:35 AM   #577
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Ox!

Manny probably still sleeping lol. Got to be so beat.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #578
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hahaha that is a good gif.. Can't wait to see the update from the weekend
Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #579
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Update: “ A Sigh of Relief”

You know……I’ve never pushed myself this hard in my life. I’d consider myself a very patient person and hard to discourage. In most cases, when things don’t go in my favor….I get down to an extent…but I know I won’t be giving up. Things could go horrendously wrong….and trust me when I say that I’m in the gutter….. because I probably am at that point..but deep down.. the fire burns, and I know I’ll simply have to do what it takes to overcome the odds. This time around was the ultimate test of my life. My largest obstacle was time…and to make up the deficit. I simply pulled those hours from my sleep schedule. My favorite saying lately… “Sleep when you’re dead.” -and this statement wrung true. SOO let’s get started.
The days are all blended together so bare with me if I’m off a day or so but from memory. There was no engine in my car on Wednesday. By Thursday the engine was in But I still needed to relocate an oil feed to my turbo as well as a very important mod that Abel highly recommended which involved me relocating a -8AN to feed Oil straight to my Front Eccentric Shaft bearing. The machining was finished the day I dropped the Engine and New iron off a week and a half before this. What was causing the issue was finding the correct fitting and getting the Oil filter Pedestal to seal completely. This is all High pressure…and for those of you guys unfamiliar. These motors see 90-105PSI of oil pressure normally….I’ve seen as high as 120PSI. So it’s really important to get a seal on all oil lines/fittings….as it is with every car. On Thursday All I needed to do was fasten the -8 AN fitting and extend my Oil feed to the turbo to reach the new source at the filter pedestal. Well, I was starting to feel good about the progress I had made and that I had planned accordingly when I realized I didn’t have a long enough piece of -4 Stainless braided line that would reach from the new oil filter pedestal to my turbo oil feed. So I pulled out my spare AN box to see if I could create a sort of bridge…so there would be 2 lines kind of daisy chaining them along. This would work just fine….And I did. Except it was on another Line I had started with over a year ago. So I grabbed the line and my adjustable wrenches and the second turn snapped the fitting clear off while backing it out to swap lines. I took a deep breath and looked through my garage for 45 min… I couldn’t find a damn thing. So I ran to Pep boys and they had nothing. Drove across town to a Local race shop called R and E racing and THEY HAD IT! Not only that…but they had a full -4AN High Pressure Crimped line in exactly 14”….which was perfect for me. Only 24 bucks. Swooped it up and went home. Hooked it up and all I needed to do was fill up my coolant system, screw on the new -8 line from the Oil filter Pedestal to the front Iron and Start the car. And so I did…..except in the process of the rebuild and tear down of the engine mixed with lack of sleep…I realized I forgot my coolant filler neck cap. I thought to myself “no problem, I’ve got like 6 OEM ones that will be fine.” 45Min later I was literally at about a level 8 because this was one of the bags I kept handy along with other spare bags. SO I ran to Autozone and picked one up, went and got some food because I hadn’t slept in a while and headed back to the garage. It was finally time to start the car up. Made sure my oil level was good/coolant level was good…. And cranked it over,…BAM fired right up and sounded great. Instantly checked all fuel line connections, followed by water connections…and then my heart jumped because I forgot I needed to check all the NEW Oil Lines… looked under the car and sure enough had a pretty bad oil leak….right under my oil filter pedestal. BUT everything was good! I was really exhausted so I cleaned up the oil mess, and started double checking everything else. Went to sleep around 3am on Thursday night. Woke up at 6 on Friday morning and went to work in a slight haze. ..you know that feeling when even a good breakfast and some nice strong espresso do you no good? Yea …that was me. But there was some light….because I guess our company was doing a Team building thingie at the mall… So we all went, they took us to Bj’s after….pretty sweet because I was starving and they let us off at 1 in the afternoon. I was stoked….. Got out of there with the quickness…

So I pulled the Upper Intake manifold off and tightened the fitting that was leaking. Put everything back and started the car…. Still leaking. But it was leaking less now. ….which was annoying…but progress non the less. So I pulled the Upper Intake Manfold off..and tightened it down more. Put everything Back, started the car and STILL had a leak. But this time I was a little More than it was before… I was getting pretty frustrated at this point because it takes me about 10 min to put the UIM on and connect all the connectors. But the -8 for the new Oil mod is alllll the way up against the fire wall and I didn’t have a size 21 wrench so I was micky mousing with an adjustable one which would allow about ¼ Inch of turn every time…and that every time was very tight and hard to get to. This sounds really stupid. But It was a catastrophy from there on out. I had my friends calling me asking me why I wasn’t at the track yet, and other buddies asking me where I was, and my GF calling me, and I was hungry, and this bloody leak was impossible to fix. I pulled the UIM off and on over the next 4 or 5 hours Countless times… Until I finally spent the time to re-seal the actual pedestal to the IRON,.. after cleaning it thoroughly with Brake cleaner, tightened down all my fittings securely and was overly tired. Jumped in the car and started the car… Instantly I jumped down onto my stomach to see if I had a leak. To my surprise…and utter devestation.. there was OIL EVERYWHERE. Jumped up….turned the car off an Silently Cursed myself. It was 1:30Am at this point and I walked out into the middle of the street andclosed my eyes. There was no way I was going to make it to the Drivers meeting the next morning at 8 AM. I Cursed myself over and over for Lack of discipline in rushing the Job instead of taking my time on it and being meticulous. I felt Like quitting. But I had done soo much and Worked so hard,…..pushed myself to my breaking point mentally and physically as I was Beat tired. I was on hour 10 of making sure this car was ready... So I walked inside and quit. Started Washing my hands and kinda just let it all soak in for a second. Realized I was being a little B went back out into the garage and cleaned up 4 qts Of oil….which I’m sure you guys know isn’t the funnest job when you discouraged and pissed. 15 min later I had it all cleaned up and taken care of. Luckily I had 5 qts of 10W30 Full Synth for some reason? So I started filling it up and NO JOKE…halfway dozed off filling oil into my filler neck… caught myself and shook it out. Looked at how much oil I had poured in and knew I over filled it. Got under my car and drained a full qt out and fumbled the drain bolt and oil went all over the ground. I got the Bolt in to stop the dump….. Took a deep breath..looked up at my car lying on my back underneath it and started to laugh. I was so tired I actually dozed off like when your overly tired and have to drive home on a desolate road. So I cleaned up the mess. Checked my oil level and it was good.. And called it a night. I was making mistakes because I wasn’t thinking straight. I took a shower, set 4 Alarms at 2 Min intervals at 7 AM to make sure I wouldn’t over sleep and passed out. Now I don’t know If I was dreaming or if this was before I had fallen asleep…. But I remember telling myself the whole time that I was soo close…. And to just do it once… and do it right.
I woke up, had 3 shots of espresso, skipped breakfast…. And went to work. Pulled the Upper Intake Manifold Off, Took a look at the Oil Filter Pedestal…and knew If I wanted to do this… I couldn’t Micky Mouse it any more. Jumped in my car and went to Autozone. I had used the rest of the brake cleaner on the garage floor (a good clean garage is good for the spirit). Picked up 3 cans of Brake Cleaner and went straight to Harbor Freight to get a larger wrench set. Picked it up… went home and by this time it was 9:30 and I knew ASB had officially begun. I sent my buddy Brandon a text and he called me back and said he would be back to pick me up around lunch time with the trailer. No problem. I got back to the garage. Cleaned everything nice and spick and reinstalled it. Made sure that ALL of the threaded AN fittings were Cleaned out as steril as possible. Threaded them back in with Teflon tape, used my New wrench set specifically size 21 to get the problematic fitting all the way to the base, reinstalled my Oil filter, put the UIM back on. And started the car. Zero Leaks. I about screamed in joy. It took me about 45 min to do it correctly. So I backed out of the garage to clean the under carriage of the car and let her warm up so I could properly bleed the coolant system. Cleaned it up, pulled out my Lap top to see what was going on and checked the levels. AFR’s were good, All injectors were good, Vacuum had actually Risen on the new build, Fuel Pressure was good, Oil pressure was good… Time to Log a couple pulls. Took her up the street… Which I know people had to be thinking all sorts of thigns… But Stopped on the side of the road… water temp was good, oil temp was good… Things were better and better. Closed my lap top, jumped out of the car….got under it to look for leaks… NADA… jumped back in, put my harness on, closed my lap top,…Rev up dropped the clutch and plumed up the street, shifted into second with my stomach tightening up and it felt sooo good… came back around the corner parked my car on the driveway… opened my lap top… logged it. Turned the car off and got my car wash stuff out. Washed the car and dried it. Got all my gear ready as Brandon was pulling up. Loaded the car up, changed my shirt and shorts, washed my face and piled everything into my Prius and followed Brandon out to willow.
From here on out… All I can say is good times. It gave me chills to see the Wolf on the trailer in front of me heading out to ASB2014…and even as I type it’s eye welling. All the hard work, all the trouble to not just show up to ASB but show up with a car that was 100% solid enough to Beat on and not worry about dumb little things… Good times. I was so….and still am soo thankful the hard work paid off.

On the Pics:

The Oil Filter Pedestal that was giving me so much trouble. Must've tried to seal it some 8-10 times Friday.

After Brandon Picked me up on our way to ASB2014!!!

Our Pits...My cousin let me Use his Mint Easy Up from his company. "Melin Brand Hats'

You gym much brah? (had to post because I've never seen my arm look that ripped....)

Excellent Times... Diego had some troubles with his car but I'm sure he'll get it sorted out.

I Swear the car was telepathic....I kept hearing her call... "Drive me"

HTM behind Tyler Wolfson, Ryan Carroll, Micki Frial

Coming down the bottom Hill (Photo Credit Ian Pierce Photography)

Photo Credit (Ian Pierce Photography)
ASB 2014
Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #580
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Part 2 “A sigh of relief”
And so The weekend went Very well. The car rips pretty hard and didn’t leak a damn drop. I went off course 4-5 times pushing myself, but realized after a while that as long as I followed someone with a good line….going off track was almost impossible. So I started doing just that. I Did square up Hit one of the Barriers on my drivers side. Luckily my wheel took the Brunt of it and there was no massive damage. Cracked my front drivers fender more, and didn’t even bother running my front bumper. On my last set of tires… Up on Horse Thief, I was getting pretty low and shredded my passenger side rear to the wires. I got off the access road to double check if I had a couple laps left….and I decided I would just take it easy. But a formidable group of drivers past by…and I had to try and follow them. So I gave them 6-7 Car lengths and tried to follow their lines. Was able to link the Up hill before the long cambered down hill left But wussed out… and good thing I did because coming up the last Right hander to the downhill in front of the water tower My Passenger side tire exploded. Flat tire. Limped off track and got back to the pits…swapped to a bald spare. Laughed and smiled some… Loaded the car up on Brandon’s trailer and called it a weekend to go down in the history books of my life as one of the best weekends of my life.
Off the trailer and home

Blown tire

Damage report

Cracked fender

Barrier damage

Cleaned up the Garage before I put the Wolf away….

And gave her a much needed Bath

And I came home……and saw that someone had completely erased my white board “to-do” list.. My room-mate replaced it with this… and checked it off for me. Pretty cool…just made me smile.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #581
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

SO HAPPY FOR YOU MANE!!!! I came up on Sunday and was stoked to see you and your car. I recognized the car immediately and had to come over. We exchanged a high five and you seemed stoked to be out there.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #582
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coty_garcia View Post
SO HAPPY FOR YOU MANE!!!! I came up on Sunday and was stoked to see you and your car. I recognized the car immediately and had to come over. We exchanged a high five and you seemed stoked to be out there.

Hey Coty! Yea man, it was great to see you and Thanks for coming up and saying Hi. Wish you would've had a Helmet and a wrist band, I would've loved to take you out. Next time huh?! I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out and said Hello! It was great meeting and talking to all of you guys!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #583
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Glad everything worked out!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #584
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia_fiend View Post
^best gif haha.

After reading your build start to finish it's hard not to be sucked in and swept up by it. Every little victory and setback or mishap seems almost personal and it's painful for me, even though I've never met you before, to read of how close you come to completing your dream, only to be held back by so many unfortunate circumstances.
But it makes it that much more epic when you overcome them, especially with the amount of work and attention to detail you've put in to it.

Now I hate to be 'that' guy, but just curious, the second time it was tuned, when the ign timing was found to up at 37 and the coil or w/e wasn't firing properly but the tuner said to go ahead; was that the same tuner that tuned it most recently?

Cos obviously if it is he's done a great job now, but damn I would find it next to impossible to trust that guy after what his 'advice' resulted in last time. Sure what you accidentally did was the root cause, but you were happy to take the car home and sort it, however you took his advice in a field in which he is supposed to be knowledgeable, and it ended up burning you, that would just piss me right off.

Now if you can get past that and forgive the dude than hats off to you cos that shit was just brutal.

Anyway enough of my ranting, I'm looking forward to some vids of this thing sliding, keep up the awesome work!

Hey there!! And no you are correct. The thing is.... When he was ready to tune the car the first time around... It was my responsibility to make sure it was ready to tune. Was it his mistake by saying yes lets keep going? In one circumstance yes because there was another aspect that hadn't been checked. In the other circumstance...before he started the car he asked me specifically if the car was ready to tune, all was good to go. I replied Yes. So that was where I went wrong. Because I trusted the first tuners Shop hand...and that is where everything got screwed up in the first place. Timing was set before I went to my very first tune session. He let his Shop hand change the plugs and when he put them back in, he mixed the plug wires up. That was His responsibility. The engine lost compression that next session after going down a second time and I hadn't touched the IGN system. pulled the motor, had it rebuilt and got it back. When I went with ABel...call it ignorance..but I figured this well known shop knew what they were doing so I didn't touch the Ignition system. I simply replaced the Engine with a fresh one and was ready to tune again with Abel. I was ignorant in not checking and ever since then.... I practically refuse to let even some of my good friends touch anything on my car. Even when I do, I double check it. I give abel credit because I gave it to him. I was pissed....trust me. And you know what... He stuck with me... kept bothering me even though I didn't answer, or text him or return his calls. I think he knew I was in a bit over my head and was just angry. He knows motorsports. And when I was getting the engine back....he was still there for me. And had I known what I know now..and I know that His tune wasn't the source of the failure...I would have had him rebuild the entire engine. It was hard for me to call him up. But my turbo guy and good friend at Turbosource said it best... "Aaron, you'd be stupid not to stick with Abel, He's simply the best there is." And I thoroughly believe that now. Look him up and what he's accomplished... and he's accomplished all on his own. It's incredible what he's been able to get done and I look up to him entirely. So to answer your question...yea.. it was very tough to go back.. but sometimes you just have to trust your gut, swallow your pride and realize that it's not about being right or wrong. It's simply about doing what is right for you and the car. Take all advice...even if it's from someone you don't like. Listen...and consider. Know who to trust and who to "Hear." Follow those who've had the experience...not the internet pro's that re-interpret good info wrongly. =-)
Old 10-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #585
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
This made me smile so hard.

You seriously got me motivated. I can identify with walking out in the middle of the street with my hands on my head cursing quietly. Genuinely happy for you man. Love those action shots. MUCH RESPECT.

Also respect on swallowing your pride and giving dude a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes and he was man enough to admit it and even hound you for a second chance. I've dealt with so many people who will not admit mistakes and don't care if they work with you again. For that reason I do just about everything myself.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #586
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Aside from the success of having reached your goal, you really have a talent for writing. I believe you can write a short film based on just this thread culminating in ASB. I know is a lot of work but it would really put the whole experience over the top being able to share it with an even bigger audience. Congrats
Old 10-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #587
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
This made me smile so hard.

You seriously got me motivated. I can identify with walking out in the middle of the street with my hands on my head cursing quietly. Genuinely happy for you man. Love those action shots. MUCH RESPECT.

Also respect on swallowing your pride and giving dude a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes and he was man enough to admit it and even hound you for a second chance. I've dealt with so many people who will not admit mistakes and don't care if they work with you again. For that reason I do just about everything myself.
Thanks my dude!! Swallowing my pride was the hardest part....but definitely one of the best choices I've made. This second time around at the dyno.... we had people trying to coerce us to break 500 whp. Abel got out of the car...and pulled me aside and said.. "are you happy with the power band?" (462whp, 380tq) and I said "hell yea man,....I'm beyond happy." So he said..."ok good, I know this set-up is capable of more, but lets just fatten you up a couple points, make sure everything is as smooth as possible and get out of here. We can tune Drive ability on the street to save you some money." And that just about summed him up. Thoughtful and mindful of what I wanted for the car. I've actually watched tuners push cars without even telling the owners. Pull after Pull to squeeze out just a bit more.....even though the owner is already satisfied.
On a second note...just to clear things.. Abel wasn't at fault at all really. He could have taken a step back and told me we should double check things....but it's my job (the mechanic) to ensure that the car is in fact ready to tune. Believe it or not...a lot of high end rotaries in race applications only run one plug per rotor. So what I'm saying is that IF the ignition system was all correct.... one plug not firing wouldn't have caused the damage it had. He did take fault for the fact that he didn't take a step back, but really....it wasn't his duty to do so. But I'm amped man, seriously!!

Thanks for the support!!
Old 10-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #588
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Aside from the success of having reached your goal, you really have a talent for writing. I believe you can write a short film based on just this thread culminating in ASB. I know is a lot of work but it would really put the whole experience over the top being able to share it with an even bigger audience. Congrats
You know I've thought about it. I wanted to have a buddy of mine document the whole thing....but I didn't have time to reach out to him. I still may ask someone, just need to find someone into it as much as I'm into the car...ya know? Last thing I want is a mis-interpretation of a good story turned into a gayboi flap jack tale of a guy with his finger up his...... haha.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #589
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Hey Coty! Yea man, it was great to see you and Thanks for coming up and saying Hi. Wish you would've had a Helmet and a wrist band, I would've loved to take you out. Next time huh?! I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out and said Hello! It was great meeting and talking to all of you guys!
there was a special wristband to get ridealongs? i debated goin up and askin you but i figured I'd let you enjoy your car on your own or with your friends/family or whoever you were with. I thought I saw you up on HTM and then get off but then see forrest, primo, and all those other cats go up so you followed haha

This is my favorite thread because it's well written and is updated often so keep it up for the good read haha
Old 10-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #590
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^Thanks brotha! no worries! I was up there with them... Just giving them all lots of space. I had a blast...and that track is incredibly fun. It was my last session up there and only stopped because my tire popped. But the wolf def wanted more! I got you next time for sure.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #591
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Quote:
You know I've thought about it. I wanted to have a buddy of mine document the whole thing....but I didn't have time to reach out to him. I still may ask someone, just need to find someone into it as much as I'm into the car...ya know? Last thing I want is a mis-interpretation of a good story turned into a gayboi flap jack tale of a guy with his finger up his...... haha.
i hear that lol. with enough exposure i'd hope someone with the right passion and talent would step to the plate. given the content in this thread alone i'm sure someone with some free time can put something of quality together even if it's a short story. title it Garage Hero ya know. it could be cool. anyhow, whats next?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:02 AM   #592
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
such an awesome story. props for sticking with it!!!

really happy for you, man. keep on keep'n on!
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #593
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
please mannyk more pics and a few videos pretty please with sugar on top.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #594
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
So happy you got to rip on her.. Its just going to get better from here..
Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #595
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
i hear that lol. with enough exposure i'd hope someone with the right passion and talent would step to the plate. given the content in this thread alone i'm sure someone with some free time can put something of quality together even if it's a short story. title it Garage Hero ya know. it could be cool. anyhow, whats next?
Yea! we'll see if I can talk someone into it. I just don't want to spend tons of time on it because there is still I want to get done on the Wolf. Can't be having anything slow me up much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
such an awesome story. props for sticking with it!!!

really happy for you, man. keep on keep'n on!
You know it!^ Thanks^

Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
please mannyk more pics and a few videos pretty please with sugar on top.
I'm looking to get some more pictures. It's just a bit tough seeking them all out. I know Ian Pierce Photography.....the guy watermarked above^ in the two really nice shots contacted me and told me he has more. So I'm waiting for him, but he has a lot on his plate right now so I don't want to rush him. He's already been nice enough to shoot those pics to me as fast as he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_T View Post
So happy you got to rip on her.. Its just going to get better from here..
It sure is. I've got plans. First,.....I need a trailer. Second, I need to get this turbo to intercooler piping fixed. My coupler came off 3 times during the weekend. Not the hugest deal...but I don't like being down 100 HP just from something as dumb as a coupler not being able to sit securely.

I need a couple stainless Steel Bosch 044 Pump Filters (my current ones need to be replaced)

And I need to Get another Bucket Seat...so I can move this one over to the passenger side and put a 4 Pt harness on that side as well.

Lastly.. I need Paint and bodywork...and either a rear bumper or a diffusor. The feed style diffusor is played out...so I have one in the works. I'm pretty set on painting the car beautiful gloss black again. And I'm not too keen on Huge Sponser stickers alllll Over the car..unless its a tire sponsor because I'm broke hahaha.....and that would really really help. But I'll leave you with a quick short story....

You know...it took me quite some time to piece the bodywork of the wolf together. There are a few kits out there that look ok. But usually the kit is played out. Nothing against this bigger kit companies...it's just that there isn't much support for my style of Aero for the Fd. I scored big time on this Authentic D-Max Hood. And again with the Authentic Espirit Tail light cover... But just in those two pieces alone I'm sitting at $900....And I got both second hand. The skirts are knock-offs as well as the +50mm Over fenders. My Front fenders...although they're cracked to high hell now,...are still one of my favorite parts of the car. Shineauto made them, and they're reps of the Burnout kit. So trying to be different with this car was a bit of a task. But there has always been one kit I've wished I could have, ..one kit that I always looked at and silently spoke the words "Yessss" to myself.....told myself "That's it!" I've been e-mailing them, and it seems that we've got something worked out. But I can't stop there... I need more still. I need something Electrifying to set the car apart from the rest and give the wolf more soul than I could've ever imagined. Something that accentuates the two foot flames bursting out of my individually gated and fully divided housings. Something that draws the wolfs roots back to the originators of Japanese style... and so it came to me,.. when I had almost given up last Friday night.. it struck me in the middle of the night when I was looking up at the stars above...

To be continued...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #596
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hey Aaron, I am real happy for you, sir!
Your car looks sweet! And seeing it in those action shots is very wonderful.
All your hard work was worth it! Keep it up on The Wolf.

Unrelated: What is your ethnicity?
I swear you remind me of my boy, Eddy, from Tekken!!!!! Hehe

Old 10-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #597
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Made the cut.... 3 seconds of fame...

3:03
Just Drift - All Star Bash 14 - YouTube

can someone make this post here in the thread rather than navigating away? thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #598
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Made the cut.... 3 seconds of fame...

3:03
Just Drift - All Star Bash 14 - YouTube

can someone make this post here in the thread rather than navigating away? thanks!
hahahaha I was just about to post the link. sick edit haha This event always puts up the best videos in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #599
coty_garcia
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Hey Aaron, I am real happy for you, sir!
Your car looks sweet! And seeing it in those action shots is very wonderful.
All your hard work was worth it! Keep it up on The Wolf.

Unrelated: What is your ethnicity?
I swear you remind me of my boy, Eddy, from Tekken!!!!! Hehe

I'm going to have to agree hahaha
Old 10-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #600
hattenDriftR1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
hattenDriftR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm still pretty bummed I didn't make it out to ASB14, but I'm way stoked that you were able to get out there and tear it up.

Can't wait to trade paint wit ya!

#wyldstallyns bruh!