Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
One-Eighty SX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
One-Eighty SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i am jus curious which would u prefer reclining or non-reclining racing seats.. I know ppl like to adjust their seats and i like to as well but when it comes to driftin or racing in a road course u need something to hold u in and not throw you around.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2002, 10:11 AM   #2
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
unless you're gonna be using them for competition purposes (read: road racing, you could drag race while sitting on a stinkin box) don't waste your money. i don't like posuer's either.

man am i still hammered, and it's freekin 1130 the next morning, i gotta lay off the rum.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:33 PM   #3
DrDubbleB
Zilvia FREAK!

DrDubbleB is an unknown quantity at this point
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (One-Eighty SX @ June 14 2002,11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when it comes to driftin or racing in a road course u need something to hold u in and not throw you around.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Unless you're pulling a steady 2.5 to 3 g's in the corners, that's not going to come into play. &nbsp;Go for comfort, it's your everyday driver. &nbsp;I've sat in both reclining and non-reclining racing seats and actually the ones that recline not only are more comfortable, but they also feel more supportive. &nbsp;It's all personal preference...
Old 06-16-2002, 10:19 AM   #4
One-Eighty SX
Zilvia Member

haha lay off the rum... Hmm i see what you mean, i sat in both as well i felt more secure in the racing seats instead of the recline. The non reclineable was in a perfect position and every thing. I jus also hate when someone messes wid my setting where my set it at and i forget where it was at in first place. Also the drifters in the option video had the bride Zeta II seats. But like u said its all in preferance... PLus bride is tooo expensive i should of put recaro or sparco. Recaros will prolly be the most likely choice imma get. Later

~james
Old 06-16-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
DSC
New Title

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tnord @ June 14 2002,1:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">unless you're gonna be using them for competition purposes (read: road racing, you could drag race while sitting on a stinkin box) don't waste your money. i don't like posuer's either.

man am i still hammered, and it's freekin 1130 the next morning, i gotta lay off the rum.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
I'd get them even if I didn't road race...assumeing I didn't have something better to spend that ~$800 on.

I don't think there is anything poserish about them.

I slide around in my stock leather seats (cornering well under 1g...dono how you came up with those #'s DrDubbleB, most full race car's can't hit 2.5 LOL ask bbp if he can get over 1g in his race car) and they hurt my back. &nbsp;I'd love to get some bucket racing seats.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:47 PM   #6
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
that's your problem dave, you got those stinkin leather seats. i don't have any seat issues with my car, i just don't think it's neccessary.........cool...........but not neccessary.
Old 06-16-2002, 06:02 PM   #7
One-Eighty SX
Zilvia Member

I agree wid all of you.. ITs cool but sooner or later the s13 seats do need to be upgraded... But they are the closest we'll get to racing buckets for now. Hey DSC, Coastek240 told me you all live in chesapeake, Va. I am in virginia beach, when i get my 240 we should meet up or something... later
Old 06-16-2002, 09:17 PM   #8
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
I'd prefer Recaro SRD's. damn good seat for the money. Bride seats are nice, but they are designed for competition and for asians (and I mean the normal size of a typcial asian, their skeletal structure is smaller).
Old 06-16-2002, 10:07 PM   #9
DrDubbleB
Zilvia FREAK!

DrDubbleB is an unknown quantity at this point
My #'s were from F1, Indy, CART, whatever you want to call them (all BASICALLY the same) cars. &nbsp;Those are the numbers that they pull...I'm sure NASCAR and La Mans is close to those numbers as well...
Closed Thread