Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: S13 front or pop ups?
S13 84 42.42%
Pop ups 114 57.58%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Silvia Front vs. Pop up's.

Im currently building my coupe, but I would like a little advice from you guys. Almost every single coupe in my area has the Silvia front, so im kinda going towards the pop ups. Also it would be money towards other parts. I have the cash to get a kit rite now, but the thing holding my back is what front bumper I should buy. I like them evenly, so just looking for a few opinions.

Example of clean pop up fronts. (Got the pics from the pic thread, hope the owners dont mind.)

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
its really your call man, but ive always loved the s13 front end on coupes, but for a fastback its popups all the way.

but your right, im starting to see the sil front everywhere
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wtf is a s13 front? i think you mean silvia front or s13 silvia front.

edit: i voted s13 because i assume you mean silvia
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
S13Leprechaun
Zilvia FREAK!

S13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant futureS13Leprechaun has a brilliant future
defin go silvia front... what he^^^^^ said... unless you really wanna go onevia. i vote s13 front.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
LinF94112

Location: Most expensive housing costs city in the United States
LinF94112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdevo View Post
wtf is a s13 front? i think you mean silvia front or s13 silvia front.

edit: i voted s13 because i assume you mean silvia
David.

I vote Silvia.

Frank.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
Flaco S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Flaco S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
what kind of kit is on the first car the green one? it looks pretty bad ass im gonna go with the pop up front end i was debating the same thing and choose pop ups you should too.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #7
haggards13
Zilvia Member

haggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choiceshaggards13 has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to haggards13
USDM. If everyone else is running Silvia, skip it.
Although, you have a coupe so it's easier to pull off.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
xcusememisswyn
Zilvia Addict

xcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfection
Popups... Ill be keeping them on my coupe.

Silvia is gettin played out, especially near you it sounds like.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13.4 kouki... or popups... silvia front is all the gayness

need we return to the king... ok, we will.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
LimitedEdition
BANNED

LimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to allLimitedEdition is a name known to all
Whats a S13 front

You mean Silvia Front?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Yea Silvia front. Sorry about that guys.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #12
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Onevia.

If you drift then its much cheaper to replace when you crash.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #13
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
For some reason.. the silvia front makes coupes look older.. but looks nice of FB's.. those cars where pretty futuristic of their time.. and still look good today..

want to be "JDM TYTE" then just get a S15 front
Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #14
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
pop ups. enough said
Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #15
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
ps13 with rps13 FTL

looks like complete ass
Old 11-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #16
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
i love my popups id stick with those and buy those tools you know you want
Old 11-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
coupe with pop ups! Its the new hotness. F being jdm
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #18
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Popups. #1 reason? Cheaper. =D
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #19
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
oh, buy whatever you want. If you want to be different then go with whatever people dont have. But get whatyou want because you'll be the one looking as your car when you get in it and when you're walking away from it.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #20
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
everyone and they mama wanna do s13 front, go onevia be different that way at least when someone says your car looks awesome it wont be just because of the silvia front
Old 11-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #21
steve_o1989
Zilvia Junkie

steve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond reputesteve_o1989 has a reputation beyond repute
^ Fuck Yuri's car is sex...

I vote stick with the popups..Onevia FTW. Im really beginning to like the look of pop ups on coupes alot more nowadays. I mean it's always been nice but I used to prefer the Silvia front. Now though I think I would stick with the popups.

BTW you should change the poll. Change from S13 to Silvia. S13 is just the chassis and includes all 89-94, not just Silvias.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #22
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Silvia. Bricks. No Grill.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i'd go for a silvia front. i like them. but... that's several hundred dollars that could be better spent elsewhere.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #24
rongfk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
rongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
pop up's with a type-x bumper....

like this.

for sale: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=193169

-1990 s13 hb w/all jdm 180sx goodies... gone to fresno
-1985 ae86 gts turbo... going threw a heart transplant
-1963 euro ragtop bug... asleep in the garage

Luv 2 Build, Luv 2 Show, Luv 2 Cruise!....
Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #25
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki bumper
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

I dont think I can change the polls. I know it the end its my decision. Just curious to see what fellow 240 owners think.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #27
808_Drift
Zilvia Member

808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light808_Drift is a glorious beacon of light
I votes S13 (silvia front) since you stated that you own a coupe. Im a big JDM fan, with that said i build my cars like people in japan. Since the US coupe model got those (imo) crappy half ass popup lights id swap it in a heartbeat. If you had a hatch id go 180sx style all the way (popups). I do like the sil80's i seen some crazy sick looking ones its just not my style. I have also seen some nice coupes with the popups again its not my style.
My best advice is to weigh out your options with money and basically it will come down to whats more important to you?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Visualize this.
You are walking away from your car in the parking lot.
Your car is finally finished, in all its glory.
You look back over your shoulder at your car with a smile on your face.

What front did it have?
Go with that one.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #29
txrxs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
txrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rongfk View Post
this car looks like the aborted fetus of a 180sx and Silvia.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #30
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
chicks dig flipups