Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Carbon Fiber engine bay?
Hot 71 45.22%
Not 86 54.78%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
s14 Carbon fiber engine bay Hot or Not??????

I was Searching around the forum again and I bump into this guy on ign doing a sick gtr s14...but as im reading I see something that looks like carbon fiber in his engine bay I was confused at first but then I said to my self WTF!!! this guy has a carbon engine bay. Just for sh*ts and giggles is this hot or not im just curious to see what you guys think???????
No this not my car

engine bay prep

resin

http://cars.ign.com/articles/392/392688p1.html<---link for whole article
Old 10-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NOT

It's all show. Painting it would have looked just as nice. I mean, it's just a layer of CF over the stock panels. Bare CF doesn't look that nice in large amounts like this to me. Meh, just seems too "show car" for me. "Hey look at me, I got a CF engine bay! I'm the coolest."
Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
I think it looks pretty cool
Old 10-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I think it looks kind of cool

but id be worrying about it melting
Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
I did a quick search on ebay for carbon fiber twill just to get a ruff price...its not cheap I will say. 100 yards of twill is up for $2,665.00.

P.s this is not a carbon fiber sticker im asking about. Real carbon twill with resin overlay
Old 10-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
jesuchristo
Leaky Injector

jesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-known
Thats some gay showcar shit.

Making stuff out of carbon fiber = cool

Covering stuff with carbon fiber = as gay as a dick in the ass

Look at me! I just added 10 lbs worth of nothing to my engine bay!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuchristo View Post
Thats some gay showcar shit.

Making stuff out of carbon fiber = cool

Covering stuff with carbon fiber = as gay as a dick in the ass

Look at me! I just added 10 lbs worth of nothing to my engine bay!
lol lmao!!!!!!!

resin
http://cgi.ebay.com/EPOXY-RESIN-FIBE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Its cute if you are building a showcar or something silly along those lines....IMO of course
Old 10-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #9
2bad240
Leaky Injector

2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about2bad240 has a spectacular aura about
in my case i would get it laid and finished, and bang the motor into during the install and crack it all to hell.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #10
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
NOT

It's all show. Painting it would have looked just as nice. I mean, it's just a layer of CF over the stock panels. just seems too "show car" for me. "Hey look at me, I got a CF engine bay! I'm the coolest."
nuff said.

FUNCTION OVER FASHION. ALWAYS.

technically, that isnt a true carbon fiber engine bay. its still metal, just with CF on top of it. fuck that.

i'd take a flat black engine bay over that any day.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #11
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
hot? yes, absolutely. it looks fuckin sweet

functional in any way? nope.

not hating on it for a second, its fuckin baller. but that doesnt mean its not pointless.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
"fuckin baller" is the new "mad TytE".
Shit on that and covering a bay with carbon fiber.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinhed View Post
"fuckin baller" is the new "mad TytE".
Shit on that and covering a bay with carbon fiber.
lol, i like saying fuckin baller. leave me alone
Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #14
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Im gonna be honest here I think it looks kinda baller, but why i dont know??? i guess it just something different(well ive never seen it before). Yeah is carbon with metal under it but he does have a BALLeR ass motor. If you look at the rest of the article his choice of color for his car and the front bumper is just down right ugly and distasteful so I cant back him for that.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #15
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
ehh, now its going to be a pain in the ass to tub the front fenders.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #16
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
To eaches on, if you already started you obviously like it. So why ask someone else? Build your ride to suit you, fuck everyone else and their opinion.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #17
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
To eaches on, if you already started you obviously like it. So why ask someone else? Build your ride to suit you, fuck everyone else and their opinion.
Read before u post THAT'S NOT MY CAR! Just know what people think that's all
Old 10-29-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
green17
Leaky Injector

green17 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen17 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen17 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen17 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen17 has a spectacular aura aboutgreen17 has a spectacular aura about
good carbon work, most people wish they have the money to do that but they just don't have a life but talk bout other people's work.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 AM   #19
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

I used to have carbon fiber eyelids on my car and i was looking through some of my stuff last night and found one and I dont see how that carbon is gonna hold up in that engine bay in terms of flexing around.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
To eaches on
The saying is:

"TO EACH HIS OWN."

How did you get that?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #21
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i think it looks pretty cool, but how is he going to NOT chip it around the bolt holes on the shock tower?

totally pointless. if i was going to throw money away on engine bay dressup, it'd be on gold heat resistant film for the firewall.

BLANG BLANG
Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #22
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i think it looks pretty cool, but how is he going to NOT chip it around the bolt holes on the shock tower?

totally pointless. if i was going to throw money away on engine bay dressup, it'd be on gold heat resistant film for the firewall.

BLANG BLANG
sounds like a good idea
Old 10-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post

BLANG BLANG
+1.. seriously!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #24
s14DK

s14DK is making a name for him/her selfs14DK is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to s14DK
+1 for the heat tape,

I used the 3M tape on my car , looks great but not cheap either, so plan before you cut it up. =)
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #25
jesuchristo
Leaky Injector

jesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-known
+1 for the gold.

If you are going for bling, at least make it so you can BS people into thinking it has a function.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #26
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
kinda looks like crap up close
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/image006.jpg
Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #27
jesuchristo
Leaky Injector

Stupid cosmetic bullshit like this is eating up the supply of carbon fiber and raising prices for what could be legitimate use. This guy should be fined for being a fucking retard.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #28
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I take my vote back. One more for not. I was imagining something more along the lines of CF spark plug cover on the SR. Yeah, me no likey. Too much show for my taste.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #29
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
I take my vote back. One more for not. I was imagining something more along the lines of CF spark plug cover on the SR. Yeah, me no likey. Too much show for my taste.
too late for that lol...

This thing is pretty tight. Its funny to see how so many people have different extreme opinions about this topics that RedEvilRPS13 dubbed "Fashion vs Funtionality." I like both fashion(to a certain extent), and funtionality. I love clean looking cars without crazy body kits and lambo door, and flashing light and neon kits etc, but with all of that I like cars that run HARD!!!. I've always been a fan of carbon fiber, and kevlar and im sure most of you are too.... so I say at least this guy didn't put a carbon fiber sticker on his engine bay!!!!!!!! If I had to rate the whole engine bay thing i would give him a B- in ballerness!!!!

p.s & D- for funtion

Last edited by RUTH'LESSDET; 10-29-2007 at 07:49 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #30
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
function > form. /thread