Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-10-2001, 11:35 AM   #1
IceTekGuy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
IceTekGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmmmmh, i was thinking about using a 25-50 shot for cooling purposes, if i ran the spray to my intercooler, as a cool down device, how would that work? and i mean to have it spray onto the OUTSIDE of the intercooler.....?
its been done by someone i know, they have a supercharger though, and they are pushing close to 900RWHP , although im not that close with HP yet, but still, would it do a #### thing?

(Edited by IceTekGuy at 11:36 am on Oct. 10, 2001)
IceTekGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2001, 01:18 PM   #2
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
I would think the power gains would'nt be worth the money. The money would be better spent on a water to air intercooler. Nitrous comes out at -127 degrees, but you would need to spray it for a while to get the intercooler temperature down enough for a HP gain, by the time that happens you'll probably be low on nitrous and still not have a huge HP gain. If you want nitrous for a turbo your money would be better spent on a spool up kit. And buy bag's of ice if you ever go drag racing!!!
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:19 PM   #3
whateverjames
Nissanaholic!

whateverjames has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to whateverjames
i've heard of using that technique. sounds like a good idea. the same guy also told me that HE knew someone that used that to cool the actual turbos on his supra. how..i dunno....
i've also heard of taking one of those spray cans you clean your computer and keyboard with, and spraying your intercooler until frost starts to form.
whateverjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:30 PM   #4
transient
Premium Member

transient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant futuretransient has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to transient Send a message via AIM to transient
gotta hold it upside down though, otherwise it's not cold. I've got a lot of experience with this, we used em as weapons in school. People would come home with frost burns on the back of their necks, lol.
transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:47 PM   #5
IceTekGuy
Zilvia Junkie

IceTekGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, the spray can thing i've heard of on people as a joke, also another thing is, at the track people use fire extinguishers, and spray the intercooler down, but im not gonna be at the track much, and every street race, im not gonna jump out on the red light hose down my intercooler and then jump back in, they'd think im nuts lol
but if anyone can find out the info on the NOS thing, i would appreciate it , thanks sooo far guys, CA18 you could be right, but i wanna further in this topic
IceTekGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 04:58 PM   #6
MingMing
Zilvia Member

MingMing is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to MingMing
hhmm to my knowledge, it would probably be better to use some other form of compressed chemical
because nitrous only dissociates into nitrogen/oxygen after it undergoes extreme pressurization, which usually occurs in your cylinder.  that reaction is endothermic, and takes in the surrounding heat
if you use it on your intercooler, it would only be the compressed gasses taking away heat, and not the chemical reaction of the breakdown of the nitrous itself, so i would suggest using the fire extinguisher technique or compressed air
correct me if i'm wrong
MingMing is offline   Reply With Quote