Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: RB25DET or Built KA-T?
RB25DET 63 48.46%
Built KA24DE-T 61 46.92%
Other (make a post about it) 6 4.62%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #121
meangreen240

Trader Rating: (0)
meangreen240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to meangreen240
i just sold my 97 ka-t and it was making 263 whp on 9lbs of boost, you can read about it in the archives section at www.projectcarmagazine.com if you want more info. it was pretty damn fast but it was like an on off switch very lttle drivability if your daily driving. all i can say is i sold it and am now having jgy put a rb25det into my 90 coupe, and im shure with what they are doing to it, i.e manifold,downpipe,exhuast,boost controller,front mount,throttle body. that it will easily out perform my old kat no problem.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2006, 12:58 AM   #122
Nofinelines

Nofinelines is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, i know i'm not part of this discussion but listening to you all made me think about the rb engine. previously i wanted to turbo my ka-e in my 90 coupe for reasons of ac and p/s and to keep it close to stock for longevity without going to crazy modifying. planning on the jgs turbo kit for around 300hp with final cost of around 4k. (not rich) which route would be better keeping p/s and a/c option 1) ka24et. or option 2)almighty RB? i love my ka, easy to work on curious about RB's(no experience). have a friend with is300 and love the smootheness of inline 6's. will be doing more research about rb swaps but just curious on all of your opinions.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 AM   #123
fullthrottlehpower

fullthrottlehpower is an unknown quantity at this point
um, well if you have lots of money like 6k then do the rb25det if you have more like 2k then turbo the ka-t or just save up and get the beast.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 PM   #124
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
believe me man. once you get on a roll buying/replacing parts for an RB. your total is WAY more than 6k.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #125
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7
believe me man. once you get on a roll buying/replacing parts for an RB. your total is WAY more than 6k.
you should not need to replace or buy a bunch. If your going stock install. then your looking at $2500 for a clip $1100 install kit and $335-375 for wiring. plus a extra 1k for misc. Now if you pay someone to install it you can add another $1500-2k. Now yes if you stick the Greddy intake on and go front mount it will cost more. Though those are upgrades and those kind of things will increase the price of the KAT as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 08-03-2006, 03:29 AM   #126
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
As far as KA-T vs RB25 I think it just depends on your position in life.

I plan on starting out with KA-T since I already own a KA and I want to get the basics down before diving into an RB install... My car is a 97 240sx so im not sure how I would be able to pass emissions being OBDII having an RB. I know it can be done with the KA-T. Also im a poor college student so I simply dont have the money to go RB. A mostly stock KA-T should be able to achieve 250rwhp without dropping too much dough.
I plan on getting an RB25 when I get a real job.
If money was not an issue RB25 vs built KA-T... RB25 hands down
Old 08-25-2006, 10:42 AM   #127
mhsz34

mhsz34 is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody on the east coast in NY with an RB?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #128
onesickskyline

onesickskyline is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah if you have the money go for the rb, DUH lol
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 AM   #129
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
ka't are cheaper while rb25 is pretty crazy and probably better stock, id probably do a ka't just becuase im a cheapass
Old 11-30-2006, 06:20 PM   #130
ViZion Zs
Zilvia Junkie

ViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-known
CA

forget them both. ka sucks plain and simple. its not made for performance even if you throw a turbo on it.. just get over it. you would go turbo a nissan truck would you? why? just to do it? lame.. its just not relialbe wihtout major building.. for what spend a buncha money on a built block? the sr will cost the same. rb.. nice .. heavy. difficult to maintain.. too hard of an install for the average shadetree mechnic or noob in general. mounts are expensive to do it RIGHT, i dunno personal preference.. just keep it KA if it your daily and just throw some light mods on it.. whatever use different motors.. my car is more of a touge grip car so iwnet with CA beter revs. more responsive.. cheap, easy to get parts megasquirt friendly! plus it doesnt yell at cops HEY IM AN SR20 and you can technically play it off as a 200sx turbo motor.. i dunno its all personal or (FANBOY) choice.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #131
insanequickness
BANNED

insanequickness has a little shameless behavior in the past
what kind of question is this?
duh RB25DET plain and simple.

your question is 6k on swap or 2500 for a nice ka-t build
Old 12-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #132
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
you should not need to replace or buy a bunch. If your going stock install. then your looking at $2500 for a clip $1100 install kit and $335-375 for wiring. plus a extra 1k for misc. Now if you pay someone to install it you can add another $1500-2k. Now yes if you stick the Greddy intake on and go front mount it will cost more. Though those are upgrades and those kind of things will increase the price of the KAT as well.
thats true, but myself. i couldnt for some reason have stock.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #133
Destructo
Zilvia Member

Destructo is a well-known jackass
Im just gonna drop my 2 cents cause hell i got both, and all i got to say is ive complete negilected my Ka s13 ever since i got my rb s14 kicking. But i will agree its all about whats in your Budget. If i could do it all over again i would have never dumped any money into my KA.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #134
idiot goes sideways
Leaky Injector

idiot goes sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
ive no experience with both engines but,
what i belive is basicly that you need about 4 to 6k for 300whp+ with BOTH, rb and ka.
If you want a ka performe nearly like a rb you need the same amount of money (probaly even more),
sorry but thats my option

that brings us to the point, wich would you take?

6pot vs. 4pot???
2,5litre vs. 2,4litre????
more rev. vs. less rev.?????

NOT TO MENTION THAT DAMN FUCKING SCREAMING BAD ASS
6 POT SOUND OF A RB ENGINE!!
only for this i would spend more bugs.......IM SERIOUS!

one of japanese hottest race engine built until now vs. a boosted ka...
(are you serious?)

thats how i see this.

p.s. i think there both heavy in the front so it doesn`t matter anyway

sorry i never drove any of these engines, but im still dreaming about an rb...........................

sorry for my bad english
Old 01-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #135
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you do realize that this thread was started 2 years ago everyone right?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #136
fohahz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
fohahz is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fohahz
RB's are monsters. Go KA if money plays a factor in your build
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #137
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu
you do realize that this thread was started 2 years ago everyone right?
Doesn't look like it...