Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 11-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
mcbobo

Trader Rating: (0)
mcbobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation F/S '91 240sx Red DESPERATE SALE

SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

Hi guys,

I am very sad to bring you a car to the market for sale.

--- [ INTRO ] ---

I am a university student at the university of Waterloo, and am a huge car freak, but being in an engineering program, I don't have time to do many things. I wanted to get into drifting and some light track driving, but unfortunately just after I bought my 240sx (favorite car atm) I realized that I cannot afford this. Tuition is 6k+ a TERM, I have to live by myself, feed myself and pay for everything. I thought everything was going to be okay until I got an insurance quote and it turned out to be 6k+ a year...

So I have for sale a 1991 Nissan 240sx s13 Chassis stock everything except the 3" pipe. There have been new struts installed, not sure which (just got this car and now have to sell). I have the original struts. I have a spare trunk hatch. Currently, winter wheels + tyres are installed, I have the stock sport wheels + tryes too. I have a spare radiator fan blah blah blah.

So... this car is NOT perfect. I was going to start a huge restoration project on this with a couple friends but we soon ran out of funds/location/everything. It's currently held at a self storage for 90 bux a month and I am in big trouble becuase I have no money. The reason I have put this off is because I didn't wanna part with it... REALLY. My mom found out about the car in the self storage, which I didn't tell her =S... But yeah basically she got really pissed and told me her and my dad are coming to town this weekend (Home is in Ottawa) and they're gonna get a towing company to scrap my car...

So you can see this as buying a wonderful car, or saving one...

--- [ Problems ] ---

Faulty brake cylinder, rust on driver side frame rail. Cracks on body.

Brake cylinder: The old one was no good. I got a new one, tried my hand at installing it, realized that the old nuts were no good, had to cut brake line (cut it right at the flare), bought flaring kit.
Problem still: Cannot cut off the flare for one of the sections because the bend is too close.
How to fix: Buy new section of brake line, get line bender, union part.

I will give you the whole flaring kit (30 bux?) and brand new master cylinder.
And lots of brake fluid (1 half used dot3 bottle (large) and one small one) (both brand new from Canadian Tire).

Rust on drive side frame rail: Pretty large hole. I'd say 2-3 fingers can fit nicely in the hole's dimensions, not sure if you can actually, but it looks like it. It's not rusted to the joint part yet though, so still able to either patch it up, or chop that little section off. I can link you a company that manufactures spare sections just for that part because apparently this car has this issue a lot.

Random issues: Crack on rear driver side fender, also looks like some work was done on it. The rear bumper seems to be not stock (but stock spec). It seems to be polymer, and the paint is coming off on a section that probably got scraped.

--- [ Pictures ] ---

Front:

Rear (with paint chips, you can see the material of the bumper, it's yellow)

Close up:

Rust developing near the rear light:

Crack in rear fender, and you can see the paint gloss difference (some work done probably):

Driver side door handle (some rust):

Spare hatch:

SUN ROOOFF!!!!

Interior: (SHOP TOWELS , spare tyres + wheels in the car atm cuz I only have a parking space at storage)

Backseat:

Spare parts:

Close up (even a dash section):

--- [ Summary ] ---

1991 Red Nissan 240sx s13

Needs brake master cylinder repair to drive
Optional: Frame rail repair, body work.

Parents are coming this saturday, or so they plan, so if you can tell me that you are interested before then, we might be able to talk it out. If I can prove to my parents I can sell it, they might not settle for a 100 bux from the scrap yard. I know this is rushed, but I dunno... I feel this car deserves better than to be turned into metal... It's an s13... </3

My personal email is li[dot]laruku[at]gmail[dot]com
my number is two two six seven five zero four nine one six
(please text me)

Let's save this car, or make somebody's dream car exist in their hands!!!

For people with serious interest, $800 CAD OBO!!! (obo is on the heavy side here...)

I've spent:
200+ dollars towing to home
300+ dollars additional towing from place to place
200 dollars new brake master cylinder
400+ dollars tools, fuilds, parts, etc,

I will tow this car to you (included in price) if this works out (need it out of storage, my mom won't lend me 100 dollars for next month's storage fee, and I am literally out of money!)

THANK YOU!!!

SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

Last edited by mcbobo; 11-19-2011 at 09:17 AM..
mcbobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
mcbobo

Trader Rating: (0)
mcbobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's sold now, thanks guys!
mcbobo is offline   Reply With Quote