Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #181
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Sorry meant the lambo door kit.
My bad haha they are universal I got them off Craigslist with s13 doors attached already
Old 05-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #182
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

heres video from clubdrift cant wait to drive again not sure if ill make the next one though got a lot to do to get my car ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=HlmCH1eQ0go
Old 05-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #183
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That is a great looking ride.
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #184
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

here are some more pics I found

i put the equips back on because im planing on building the panasports soon also lifted the rear to try and help save the axles a little

i figured out why i kept breaking axles so fast. i extended my pbm rlcas about 3 inches and wasnt running axle spacers. i shortened them and the ruca to get the camber back to what it was. i cant figure out why my camber is off by -.7 on one side with all the arms equal. going to get back under the car friday and figure it out.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #185
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Not sure how I missed this but I like it alot
Old 05-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #186
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Not sure how I missed this but I like it alot
thank you!

so i decided to make a list of everything that i have on my car and i feel like i over built my car a lot

Engine
S13 redtop sr20det
87mm 10:1 compression cp Pistons
Eagle rods
Tomei 270 in/ex cams
Tomei springs, Brian crowed retainers
Tomei rocker arm stoppers
Greddy style intake manifold
Tomei fuel pressure regulator & gauge
Powered by max intercooler
Powered by max intake
Z32 maf
Sard 550cc injectors
Tomei exhaust manifold
Hks gt2540
Hks adjustable wastegate
Tomei turbo elbow
Rsr downpipe
3 inch catless exhaust
Split fire coilpacks
Power fc L jetro
Circuit sport pulleys
B&m short shifter
Cusco motor mount
Oil cooler
Power steering cooler
Chase bays ps line
One piece driveshaft
Moroso oil pan

Exterior
Custom hibino style Dmax 40mm front fenders
Origin tatakidashi 50mm rear over
Dmax roof spoiler
Spirit rei rear bumper
Az mad shop rear spoiler with bcl mounting brackets
Sexystyle front bumper
Sexy style side skirts
Tk style hood
Ganador super mirrors
Custom headlights
Underglow
Strobes
Circuit sport position light
Dmax style all red tail lights

Interior
Thrasher racing seat
Hks bride seat (on its way)
Vertex of vertex wheel
Defi water temp gauge
Deli oil pressure
Defy boost gauge
Aem wideband
Custom wire tuck
Pbm hydro
Pbm shifter
Pioneer double din
Digital climate control
Cusco 6 point
Buddy club driver rail
Buddy club passenger rail
Boss hub

Wheels
17x9.5 -20 panasport c5c2
18x10.5 panasport c5c2 (in the process of being built)
18x12 +0 work equips
18x12.5 +7 work emitz
18x9 +21 work amkreads
17x9 panasport c5c2 (waiting for them to show up from japan)
18x11 work equips (waiting for lips to show up)

Brakes
Z32 30mm front calipers
Z32 master
Z32 rear calipers
Z32 rear calipers for hydro

Suspension
Stance coilovers 8k/6k
Pbm flca combo
Pbm front knuckles
Pbm inner tie rods
Spl outer tie rods
Megan front sway bar
Megan rear sway bar
Pbm rlca
Pbm ruca
Pbm toe rods
Pbm rear knuckle
Godspeed traction rods
pbm subframe collars

things i still i still need to buy and do
Power fc add on boost controller and install
black takata harness
some sort of sound system
push out front of drivers side fender so i dont rub
even out rear camber and align
re tune for more low end
Old 06-10-2015, 01:48 AM   #187
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

my hks seat, panasports and boost controller all showed up today. trying to figure out where in the engine bay to mount the boost controller so i can re tune my car

Old 08-24-2015, 02:00 AM   #188
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Slight update

My friend Albert came by to check out my engine set up and pick my brain about my motor and learn more about sr's before he started his swap. I took him around the block to let him feel my cars power and after he took this rad picture of my car

He also did me a huge favor and dropped my rear panasport faces off at wheelflip to get built

The guys at wheelflip sent me these pictures and made me want to drive down to pick the wheels up sooner then I was already planning haha

So I took my trip down to socal to hang out with some friends and get the panasports. I decided to stop by street faction's new shop to hang out with Matt and Thao and check out the new shop. It's crazy thinking the first time I met them Matt was welding in his driveway. It's crazy what hard work and determination will get you

As soon as I got back from socal I put the panasports on my car to see how they looked.

Very happy with how they look but they were slightly more aggressive then I thought they would be. I guess i can't measure offset well anymore haha. I adjusted a little camber in the rear to make them fit and took the car around the block to make sure it didn't destroy my overs. Thankfully it didnt so I parked it and started figuring out what else I had to do before my retune.

I flew out to Seattle to hang out with dpomps and some other friends. Derrik's car was supposed get tuned the day before the show so he could drive it into the show but due to some little problems it wasn't ready in time so we had to push it into the show. As we were pushing it into the show Larry Chen approached Derrik and asked if he wanted to be in Speedhunters and of course he said yes. Larry told us that he wanted the car on the other side of track for the photoshoot. We all started pushing the car as fast as we could to get it where it needed to be before the pros had practice.

After he got all of the pictures he wanted he asked if all the people that pushed the car wanted to take a picture of course we all said yes

One of the workers pulled Derrik's car with a truck to where the show was and Derrik and I pushed his car to a spot in the show and we walked around a little. It was nice seeing some of the cool cars from Canada and Washington. I finally got to meet the guys from Good Vibes and take a look at all their cars

We went up in the stands to watch some of the drifting. The Forrest Wang and Mad Mike battle was definitely my favorite battle of the day, but it was also crazy watching the JTP crash in person. Derrik and I decided to go back to his car since the drifting was almost over and we found Drezza's car parked right next to him so i took a quick picture

It was super awesome talking to Daniel and seeing all of the attention to detail on his car. His car is truly perfect in my opinion and pictures don't do it any justice.

I got back home and went to take my car around the block just to make sure everything is still good and I noticed that I was almost out of gas. I did a little messing around with my underglow trying to figure out why it was turning off whenever i turned my headlights on. I realized that when I used the pop up switch as my underglow power and ground when the headlights turned on it cut ground causing the lights to turn off. After a while of messing with the wiring to figure that out and trying to find a proper ground I finally fixed it.

The next day I decided to drive my car to work to get some gas and see how the car felt on the road. This was the farthest I've driven my car on the streets in a few years and it felt really good driving it and the looks I got while I was getting gas was priceless.

Car is sitting now waiting till I take it to Blacktrax for a retune in September. I bought a few other things that I'm waiting to show up. I can't wait for my car to be retuned and ready to take back to the track.

Ps. all pictures were taken with potato
Old 08-24-2015, 03:56 PM   #189
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Sup derek lets get more photos of the whip with the new g7s
Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #190
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

So I'm finally getting some time after the drive back from formula drift to give a slight update.

In preperation to showing my car at formula drift I bought a couple little things. Rod from AUTOnGraphic helped me get a new passenger seat and spoiler.

Rod shipped me out the thrash racing seat and g corp type 1 spoiler

Installed the trash seat and took a shitty picture

Towed my car down to SoCal to show it at FD Irwindale. As i was closing the door to my car on the trailer my driver side door slammed onto the trailer fender. We strapped the car down and started driving down to SoCal. About half way down we decided to fill up the truck and I noticed that one of my side skirts was about to fall off so I took it off and put it in the truck. I spent the day before FD swapping the shocks on my lambo doors so i was able to use them at the event.

I ended up rolling in a little late for the car show and the Serial Nine guys rolled in behind me.

It was awesome talking to them and they even helped me push my car in the 100* heat since my car was starting to get hot waiting in line. I finally got a place to park and was ready to leave and get some food but i lost my wrist band so i was stuck inside.

and now here is a photo dump from formula drift

most of these pictures are not mine. all the photo credit goes to the people who took them
Old 10-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #191
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Looks awesome dude, loving the thrash racing seat.
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #192
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

here are some high res pics i found

Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #193
nismoskyline

Trader Rating: (0)
nismoskyline is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn bro, just finished reading your log and I love your car. I hope to do up my coupe similarly someday
nismoskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:40 PM   #194
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Update 12/30/15

So a little after coming back from formula drift I decided I was going to swap cams and re tune the car so I could have more low end. I picked up a pair of tomei 256 cams off frsport. got my car tuned and made 283hp and 213tq. took the car out to thunder hill skid pad to drive the gldstr event.

finally a couple drift pictures and videos in the links

http://lild415.tumblr.com/post/13515...as-so-much-fun

http://lild415.tumblr.com/post/13547...to-drive-again

went up to washington with my friend albert (Hellaslows13) to pick up some parts and visited drezza and dpomps while we were up there

and here is an edit albert made from our trip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhw4gFXRKBw

drezza gave me signal auto seatbelt covers

and i made a christmas tree out of all my shitty sized wheels

Old 12-31-2015, 01:11 AM   #195
KAs14slider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love this thread
Old 01-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #196
Basks13

Trader Rating: (0)
Basks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome.

Great build...problem after problem you kept pushing through it all to get it to where it is now. Such inspiration to us coupe owners.
I cant wait to get back home in a few months and start on the coupe I just bought.
Basks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #197
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAs14slider View Post
Love this thread
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basks13 View Post
Great build...problem after problem you kept pushing through it all to get it to where it is now. Such inspiration to us coupe owners.
I cant wait to get back home in a few months and start on the coupe I just bought.
thank you!

so in january i had an issue with the motor where it just kinda locked up i believe that it hydrolocked but wasnt sure. so i pulled my freddy intake manifold and saw a bunch of oil in there and i ended up selling that and getting a stock intake manifold. i then pulled the pbm high mount and found out there was about 1/2 quart of oil in there. i also ended up selling the high mount and picked up a ghetto front mount kit. hooked everything up and the car started right up. I signed up for a full track drift event to test out the car since club drift got cancelled by the venue. It was raining on the full track day and i dont have wipers anymore so i could barely see but once i started drifting i blew off couplers as soon as i got into boost. so my day was cut short due to the couplers blowing off. I just got all of that fixed about a week ago and im doing full track next sunday and hopefully everything will be cool and i can get a better feel for the car and stay out the whole day.

heres a couple interior shots

hopefully i can borrow a go pro from a friend and be able to make a little video
Old 03-31-2016, 01:17 AM   #198
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't see what the manifold and intercooler had to do with them getting oil inside them. Sounds like a blow by or turbo issue to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:40 AM   #199
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I don't see what the manifold and intercooler had to do with them getting oil inside them. Sounds like a blow by or turbo issue to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah i think its blow by i need to get the conversion valve cover and see if that makes a difference. i just missed out on a $30 s14 cover so i have to wait for another cheap one to pop up
Old 03-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #200
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
killin it with the upright doors. boner
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:26 PM   #201
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
killin it with the upright doors. boner
thank you!

found this picture from fd irwindale

Old 04-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #202
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My dude.

I like your style
Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 PM   #203
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
My dude.

I like your style
thank you! so last sunday I did Golden Gate Drift open drift and had a bunch of fun and learned a lot got a coupe of clips on my friends go pro one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c20CP4zZXU

and heres a couple pics of me off track exploring

and i found this pic of my car test fitting my strusse and minervas

Old 04-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #204
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
yeeeeee hawww lets drift
Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 AM   #205
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
So much style
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #206
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

I had a drift event on 5/9/16 at sonoma raceway. I decided that I was going to finally fix my window trim so I bought a roll of black chrome vinyl. Heres a pic of how I felt about doing vinyl work

I woke up super early on monday the 9th to go to the event but still got stuck in a bunch of traffic. Had an awesome time driving the event with a few little hiccups like blowing off couplers again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmBpq5Dmwcs

All was going well after fixing my last blown off coupler until a friend of mine decided to hop in a tandem behind me after I told him not to. I took a weird line and had to straighten and right before i went to reinitiate he passed me. I reinitiated on the second to last corner, as I transitioned into the last corner he spun out and I was too close to avoid him.

I had an awesome time driving and the car felt amazing. I recently purchased a 35:8 (4.375) Ring and Pinion that I Just installed 5/22/16 and as i was taking the diff apart I saw that 2 of the welds on my spider gears were cracked a little so today I'm going to have it rewelded and a plate added.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #207
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This car is so stylish. Really digging those seats.
vdubkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #208
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubkidd View Post
This car is so stylish. Really digging those seats.
thank you very much!

10/16/16

so i recently took a road trip from norcal to canada then all the way down to socal for super d. the trip was awesome only had a few minor issues.

so i left friday 9/30/16 at around 6am and drove straight to medford to hang out with evan (item b) for a little to talk about cars and his plans for his before continuing my trip.

Evan has an awesome view from his house

stopped by Jakes house in Portland and got some tacos and hung out before i headed up to seattle

I left Jake's and about 20 minutes later my battery light came on in the truck so i pulled over to the closest parking lot and tried to find a decent spot where i didn't block everything. Jake came and picked up the trailer with my car on it and i unloaded all my spares and tools from the truck into his truck so i could get some sleep before I swapped my alternator in the morning

I was able to swap the alternator load my truck up then put trailer back on my truck in about an hour then headed straight to seattle to pick up my friend in Seattle before heading to Canada. Had a little issue at the border due to me towing my car across the border but I they let me and I headed straight to my friend Pete's house. As soon as we got to Pete's house I pulled my car off the trailer and did some last minute prep for the street drifting later that night.

Met up with Brandon (thatkoukikid) and the rest of good vibes and proceeded to grab some food then go out to some street spots.

i snapped my ebrake cable at the last spot so I called it an early night. Pete was generous enough to let me have his hand brake so I would have one at the rest of my drift days that were coming up. I spent Sunday pulling his ebrake out of his car and then installing it on my car as well as getting some poutine and kbbq before heading down to Daniel's house in Washington.

Daniel and I spent Monday doing last minute things to our cars before our private drift day at evergreen on Tuesday.

Heres a couple videos from the private day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=MFTMK3mwAbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=sC6Xygf8wAo

Day after the event Pete and I roamed around Seattle for the day before packing up and heading down to Socal. After working on the car i went to start it to load it onto the trailer and the fuel pump wouldn't prime. i called a few people to try and get a new pump and decided i would try to start it one last time and it worked so i loaded the car up and my friend in socal ordered me a pump to be delivered to his house the day that i get there.

Thursday Pete and I left Washington at around 1pm. We were making good time only stopping to get gas until we got to grants pass in Oregon. As i was climbing the mountain pass my alternator was going out so i had no power. I called Evan and he was able to find a oriely close to where i was and i just kept driving hoping the truck would make it to the oriely. I was able to get there 4 minutes before they closed and had to pay for another alternator since the warrantee alternator was on my truck still. Pete helped me swap the alternator in the parking lot then we were back on the way. We made it to Stockton by 4am friday where i decided to take a nap at a truck stop for a couple hours before finishing the drive to socal.

Finally got down to my friend Geoff's (pacotaco345) house around 1pm friday. We packed up his truck and car for the private day we were both driving at grange the next day. Around 5pm the fuel pump showed up so we pulled my sending unit to and noticed that one of the wires wasn't connected. I tried to hook the wire back up and see if the pump would turn on but it wouldn't so we hard wired the pump just so i could drive. we got to the track around 8pm and then unloaded our cars and set up our pits next to my friend Aaron's cressida.

Aaron and I got to shake down for super d the next day and man that track was fun.

Super d came and there were so many people at such a small track. I was only able to get 5 drifting laps in before blowing up my diff. The car was also getting hot really fast so I had to do a bunch of cool down laps before drifting.

Trip was awesome much seat time and so many new friends made was awesome meeting everyone and hanging out
Old 10-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #209
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome update
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #210
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

i havent updated this in a while. as of right now my car is sitting at a friends shop in pieces waiting for some attention and a new motor. i will update more soon