Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
webbster

Trader Rating: (0)
webbster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 sr20det insanely odd cooling issue

So every since swapping my s13 sr20det from my old s14 into a new s14 I just picked up ive been having nothing but cooling/ not heating up/ overheating issues. One of the very first times after getting it started it got a little hot and my temp gauge started going off so I obviously turned the car off and suspected there to still be some sort of air in the system or something. Drained coolant again and used my airlift vacuum pump to suck all air out of system and put new coolant in. Started it up after that with a funnel on the radiator neck just to bleed off any extra air that still may be in the system. Car ran for about an hour and it would not heat up at all. Top hose is hot, bottom not even warm along with the bottom tank of the radiator. So drained the coolant yet again to inspect the thermostat and water pump. (keep in mind ive never this problem when my motor was in my old chassis even after draining water and putting coolant in for winter) So I pulled the thermostat just for the hell of it and it tested fine. Put a new one in it just for the hell of it after testing new one to make sure it works. Pulled water pump just for the hell of it, thing is basically brand new no signs of any sort of damage. Filled it with coolant yet again got it started and let it warm up, Funnel on the neck yet again to bleed off any air, even popped open the bleeder on the neck where the top hose goes to bleed off any air and did that until I had a steady flow of coolant. I also had the heater on hot and full blast for every time I did this. Let the car run for about 45 min and again top hose hot bottom not even warm but my temp gauge is steady at 200 degrees f. No heat in the car whatsoever. Took it for a rip around the block getting on it pretty decent to try and get it to do something but it stayed steady at 200 and bottom hose still cold. Im all out of ideas and at a complete loss, like I said it never did this when this motor was in my old car so I have no idea what to do. I apologize for the essay but any help is greatly appreciated. S13 sr20det blacktop just recently upgraded to full s15 turbo setup along with external oil cooler, has mishimoto radiator and gktech clutch fan, other then that motors bone stock with the exception of a Power FC
webbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links