Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Sideways~S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Sideways~S14 is making a name for him/her selfSideways~S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sideways~S14
S14 Third Brake Light Always On.

Anyone else have this problem? I checked fuses bulbs. I don't know why its staying on. Is this a common problem kinda like the s13 coupe tail light problem? If anyone has had this problem how did you fix it? I tried searching but came up with nothing
Sideways~S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2009, 04:25 AM   #2
Sideways~S14
Zilvia Member

Sideways~S14 is making a name for him/her selfSideways~S14 is making a name for him/her self
anyone? .
Old 06-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Third brakelight only? Or all brake lights? Bad switch probably.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think you need some more specific details.

Does this happen when you have the car on or off only? When you turn on the lights? By always on do you mean like when you brake and it lights up more or just running light brightness?
Forge_55b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
driftphenom
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
driftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the roughdriftphenom is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
happened to me once. its like a fail safe thing. there is a little switch in the brake pedal (kinda like a neutral safetey switch) that makes the brake lights always on. when your pressing the brake, your actually cutting the connection to the lights. so when the switch goes out, or the stopper breaks, your brakes stay on. hence fail safe. for me, it was just a little rubber stopper that had dry rotted. i just duct taped across where it was.
driftphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Sideways~S14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge_55b View Post
I think you need some more specific details.

Does this happen when you have the car on or off only? When you turn on the lights? By always on do you mean like when you brake and it lights up more or just running light brightness?
its only when the headlights are on. The third brake light is already lit. and it just gets a tad bit brighter when i hit the brakes.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
shinda_shima
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
shinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shinda_shima
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftphenom View Post
happened to me once. its like a fail safe thing. there is a little switch in the brake pedal (kinda like a neutral safetey switch) that makes the brake lights always on. when your pressing the brake, your actually cutting the connection to the lights. so when the switch goes out, or the stopper breaks, your brakes stay on. hence fail safe. for me, it was just a little rubber stopper that had dry rotted. i just duct taped across where it was.
Haha, that just happened to me. I used duck tape and nickel. I hate those dang rubber stoppers.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
vboy720
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
vboy720 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vboy720
i once had my right turn signal and brake light stay on constant because i burned up the engine harness in the driver front wheel well. Re-soldered/or taped it back up and fixed the problem.
vboy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
TTrx7Pete
Zilvia Member

TTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her selfTTrx7Pete is making a name for him/her self
Might be grounding out...
Old 05-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Anhell_ito
Zilvia Junkie

Anhell_ito is an unknown quantity at this point
Did u ever figure this out? Lol
Anhell_ito is offline   Reply With Quote