Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Mark_Dorman

Trader Rating: (0)
Mark_Dorman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FS: 1997 NISSAN GTR R33 SKYLINE (Silver on Black) - $49,000 (Motorex)

Rare opportunity to own a 49 State Legal 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Sonic Silver)!!!

This is a very low mileage 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R series 3 “Kouki” with red interior stitching and oem Nissan projector Xenon head lights in excellent condition. The vehicle was purchased in Chiba, Japan in 2003. It was properly imported by Motorex into the US with a full bond release from NHTSA, DOT and EPA with a reissued US vin. This is a US legal Motorex car. This vin number exists in the NHTSA, DOT and EPA database. You can call the NHTSA/DOT Vehicle Importation & Certification Department to verify (202) 366-5291.

Thread for Reference: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=500754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
The only other bond released Skylines you will find are old Motorex cars, period.
The current mileage is 13,200 km that is about 8,200 us miles. You can register this vehicle in any state except California or you can drive it with a California Dealer Plate.

This car just had a major service using only Nissan oem fluids, spark plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, new tires, alignment, A/C super cold...etc.

I have all the service receipts, Bond release documents, Epa papers and Title in hand. Back in 2006 the vehicle was hit on the driver side rear quarter panel and the owner declared the car salvaged in Delaware, but it was professionally fixed and the car drives perfectly straight. Complete car has been tack welded for strength and perfect alignment. I have kept this vehicle in its 1997 factory form as much as possible. This car is located in Southern California. Serious buyers only (low ball offers will be ignored and no local joy rides).

Mods:

Apexi N1 Racing Exhaust

Racepipe

Nismo Floor Mats

Asking price is $49,000

Vin: BCNR33041611

Email is the best form of contact.
[email protected]

Reason for Sale: Picked up a Fully California Legal R33 GTR.

Documents (more than pictured but these are the important ones):
Note* VIN on Documents match paperwork.

Photo's of the Car as it is today:

Last edited by Mark_Dorman; 08-28-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 12:40 AM   #2
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
glws, im surprised this motorex car wasnt taken and crushed , nice to see!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #3
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
Lol someone came out of the wood works
Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
Mark_Dorman

Mark_Dorman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade180sx View Post
This was one of the few that made it out before they got shut down. It just didn't make it through CARB (got about 2/3rds done with CARB) when Motorex got shut down
Old 08-28-2014, 06:23 AM   #5
Vandrel
Leaky Injector

Vandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruin
Not a bad price. You don't see these for sale often.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 AM   #6
lucha
BANNED

lucha is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Not a bad price.
Are you serious? MAYBE if it didn't have a salvaged title ONLY because of the low mileage. My friend has a fully built r33 gtr and i know his price wouldn't even come close to this.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Vandrel
Leaky Injector

Vandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruin
This is a bond released R33. I don't care who you get a R33 from, if it's a legal bond released R33 someone paid at least $36,000 to bring it into conformance with FMVSS and EPA.

If you find one cheaper then it's probably illegal and that just speaks for itself. Throwing money down a black hole that can be seized by DHS at any time.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #8
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wow, would actually conside this. but you can find a 09 r35 for the same price so decisions decisions..
Old 08-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #9
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
This is a bond released R33. I don't care who you get a R33 from, if it's a legal bond released R33 someone paid at least $36,000 to bring it into conformance with FMVSS and EPA.

If you find one cheaper then it's probably illegal and that just speaks for itself. Throwing money down a black hole that can be seized by DHS at any time.
Regardless how much it cost to bring it into compliance that point is moot with the salvage title, no different than buying a Nismo R32, crashing it and asking 25k once it's fixed just because it's 'rare'. If it was hit hard enough to salvage the car than it will take a hit in value, just like any other car.

With that said, cool to see a motorex car up for sale with poof of all paperwork, can't wait until the R33s become legal in a couple of years.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #10
Vandrel
Leaky Injector

I own a dealership. I'm not arguing about depreciation.

Out of the 50 people that call my office a day the majority will ask how much for a R33 before asking about a R32. 10% of them will finish the conversation with "oh I know a friend of a friend of a friend that has a R33 and he'll sell it to me for cheap" not understanding that it's cheap because it's illegal.

Regardless of the title situation it's still a bond released vehicle and will always carry that value.

Vehicles that are repaired well and legal don't drop to crackhead prices just because someone thinks they should match US market trends.

As well, R33's are legal right now, you just need to pony up $36,000 to the one and only RI that can bring them into conformance.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #11
rains14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
rains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Man I wish it where a R34, I would jump on it @ that price, GLWS
Old 08-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont have the moneys, but can i come to just look at it? lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #13
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I must admit I was not expecting a motorex car when I clicked the thread. Should put in the title. GLWS, Price seems pretty legit
Old 08-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #14
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

He is Canada steve. he doesn't grasp the costs and value in those few little pieces of paper. Those pieces of paper are more valuable than the entire shell of the car. Dented or not....
Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #15
DrifterFreak210
Leaky Injector

DrifterFreak210 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ran into this car and the owner a month ago and I can vouch for how incredibly clean the car is. The owner will forget more about skylines than any of us here will ever learn. He babies this car and it really shows. If I remember correctly, the only reason he is selling is because he picked up another R33.

Good luck with the sale!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #16
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
rb27dets14 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Regardless how much it cost to bring it into compliance that point is moot with the salvage title, no different than buying a Nismo R32, crashing it and asking 25k once it's fixed just because it's 'rare'. If it was hit hard enough to salvage the car than it will take a hit in value, just like any other car.

With that said, cool to see a motorex car up for sale with poof of all paperwork, can't wait until the R33s become legal in a couple of years.
Your and idiot.....again you tried the same thing in my thread about how it takes alot to give a vehicle a salvage title...this car probably to an insurance company is worth 15-20000 it takes usually 2/3 of value to total it...idk if u have priced r33 gtr body parts in the US at all but if u have then you would know a creased quarter and broken taillight plus paint and labor will total this car due to rare parts...I tried to explain this to you in my m5 thread where again minor damage will total a car when parts are scarce or priced high...
Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #17
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
rb27dets14 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cars worth 40-50 all day...sorry cars worth 15-19 all day paperwork a worth 20-30k....to explain it in more normal words
Old 08-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #18
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
damn this thing is super clean GLWS!

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Old 08-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
bump for motorex
Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #20
lucha
BANNED

Let's put it this way. Put the SAME car side by side with a clean title, tell me which one you're going to chose. Tell me which one will be worth more now and which one will be worth more in the future. Anyone can have a salvaged car rebuilt looking fresh, it's the clean title that holds all the value with these cars.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #21
Eg_type_r
Leaky Injector

Eg_type_r is an unknown quantity at this point
lol people trying to cash out before these become legal for import
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #22
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_type_r View Post
lol people trying to cash out before these become legal for import
They are legal to import today...... assuming you are willing to pay the 36k it is to have the car conformed to meet DOT regulations.

Still long ways from being Legal to import under the 25 year rule.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #23
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb27dets14 View Post
Your and idiot.....again you tried the same thing in my thread about how it takes alot to give a vehicle a salvage title...this car probably to an insurance company is worth 15-20000 it takes usually 2/3 of value to total it...idk if u have priced r33 gtr body parts in the US at all but if u have then you would know a creased quarter and broken taillight plus paint and labor will total this car due to rare parts...I tried to explain this to you in my m5 thread where again minor damage will total a car when parts are scarce or priced high...
I'm going to stay out of this for respect of the OP but I will make a couple of points. One, I've never replied to one of your threads, you should double check before you try and call someone out. Two, if you're spending this much money on a R33 GTR back in the mid 2000s you will have agreed value insurance, so no, the car was not worth 15k to an insurance company. Three, the car was in an accident and repaired in 2006, eight years after production stopped, "rare" does not qualify for parts that are sitting in a warehouse in japan somewhere, expensive shipping? Yes. Rare to get a R33 quarter panel less than 10 years after production, no.

-
Old 08-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
Rado
Leaky Injector

Rado is an unknown quantity at this point
Skyline threads = Drama
Big thanks to the people who dont speak out of their asses and talk in terms of facts.

GLWS on a beautiful car!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #25
tobroketobuildarealcar
Zilvia Junkie

tobroketobuildarealcar is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a rare gem and deserves a good home
Old 08-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #26
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucha View Post
Let's put it this way. Put the SAME car side by side with a clean title, tell me which one you're going to chose. Tell me which one will be worth more now and which one will be worth more in the future. Anyone can have a salvaged car rebuilt looking fresh, it's the clean title that holds all the value with these cars.
There any motorex legal ones you can compare it to?

Clean title means nothing if the feds come to seize it. Then you have a little more than a bend fender to repair. with "these cars", having legit and correct paperwork is there 1000% of the value comes from.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #27
z31driftbandit

z31driftbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
I love it, wish I could own this. but no way could I dream of affording it. not that it's a bad price, I'm just broke
Old 08-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #28
SLiDe_WaYz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
SLiDe_WaYz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucha View Post
I dont think you understand that having that fed legal paperwork alone is worth 20K. This is the US not Canada. We cant look on craigslist Canada and buy a R32/33 for under 10K.

That car can NEVER be siezed, you may can buy a grey market R33 for under 20K but it still can be taken and crushed no questions asked. I know this for a fact because a guy a few hours from me had his grey market R34 siezed AND crushed. Nothing he could do about it and hes out over 20 thousand.

You'll get your asking price, but not on Zilvia sadly. Super clean car OP.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #29
Y0da
Leaky Injector

Y0da is an unknown quantity at this point
If this is the guy that runs with BlownViper there isnt much legit going on there. Im not going to piss in the oatmeal, but that car can and probably will still be crushed, if it was made DOT legal and went through the official process, they would all be legal here after being brought into accordance. Unfortunately they are not.

I can go two overs over to Miami right now with 20K and get this car in better condition with a magical blue paper that says the same thing on it as yours, minus the salvage part.

in fact there is an R34 and R32->BEE R34 conversion for less than 35 each swimming around that area as we speak.

Its just funny its on Zilvia.

The florida thing is running out of time, way too many getting snuck in and the feds are watching.

"Hey lets crush all the Motorex cars, but you guys can keep yours" Oh wtfever. It slipped through the cracks. Good luck on getting your car bought for the same price as a GTR.

Buyer Beware, Magical florida titles dont make them legal.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 AM   #30
lucha
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
There any motorex legal ones you can compare it to?

Clean title means nothing if the feds come to seize it. Then you have a little more than a bend fender to repair. with "these cars", having legit and correct paperwork is there 1000% of the value comes from.
Are you serious? I said put the SAME car side by side. Meaning imagine you can duplicate this SUPER LEGAL R33 (sweet blades bro!) and have one with a clean title and then this one would still have a salvage title.

You're going to choose the CLEAN title because it WILL hold much more VALUE...FOREVER. All i'm trying to get at is that this r33 gtr is not worth this asking price. The clean title holds a lot of value to the car and the OWNER. Again, anyone can rebuild a car, having one that has been the same since birth is PRICELESS.

Last edited by lucha; 08-29-2014 at 09:50 AM..
Closed Thread