Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #121
HERSH3Y
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
HERSH3Y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanski View Post
I have a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR with 39k miles if your interested in a trade.
If you throw like 5 grand on top I'll do it. You have yours listed at 19 but there are many to choose from so I feel the prices are all negotiable. You're also the third owner on a stock 39k mile car so that could be seen as a little sketchy. The Check Engine Light is also on, and if it's just a rear O2 sensor than wouldn't you just replace it so you can advertise it w/o a cel? It's also a risk for me because I know for sure that my S15 is in excellent condition and no issues, I have no idea about your EVO and unfortunately you can't trust people's word all of the time so it's a risk for me. The EVO is also a car I wouldn't like to keep so I'd have to go through the hassle of trading cars, then not drive yours unless I want to pay over a grand to register/insure/title/inspect it. So many of you may see this trade as a good trade but please understand why for me personally, it would only be worth trading if I received about 5 grand on top. Thank you for your offer.

I based the above off of the ad below which I am assuming is yours.
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR 38k miles Must Sell
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #122
Whitepearls
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Whitepearls is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dam, bump for an awesome answer

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #123
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
rb27dets14 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepearls View Post

I do good research when there's a trade offer Craigslist usually tells alot more than FS threads here...Hershey's a good friend of mine so I sent him what info I could find...I feel it's a good trade but he's right the values the same but the s-5 is a rare car and needs absolutely nothing so I see where the cash comes into play
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #124
HERSH3Y
Leaky Injector

PM's replied. Car is still for sale. Just wanted to reiterate that the price is firm. Thanks for the interest.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #125
Blacked Out Motorsports

Blacked Out Motorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Agreed! +1
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #126
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacked Out Motorsports View Post
Agreed! +1
Hahahahahahahahaha bump for a man with a small penis
Old 01-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #127
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
read that last reply about the evo.... not only is the Evo owner risking things by owning this car, but he is just as much at risk buying your S15 as far as its quality is concerned.

Trusting people @ their word is a little ironic coming from someone selling a "state titled" gray car. That is a lot of "trust" you are expecting buyers to assume for the value of almost a brand new brand new car without considering that it doesn't come with any kind of warranty that a Genesis or BRZ would provide and never a question about legal status.

to think that your $19k not as negotiable as his evo, the cold weather must be getting to you.... don't get me wrong it is a pretty car and something you don't see all the time (there are a few locally it isn't a unicorn), but it isn't something that special.

PS your replies about the legal status of this car has provided many LOL's.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #128
Blacked Out Motorsports

Blacked Out Motorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
read that last reply about the evo.... not only is the Evo owner risking things by owning this car, but he is just as much at risk buying your S15 as far as its quality is concerned.

Trusting people @ their word is a little ironic coming from someone selling a "state titled" gray car. That is a lot of "trust" you are expecting buyers to assume for the value of almost a brand new brand new car without considering that it doesn't come with any kind of warranty that a Genesis or BRZ would provide and never a question about legal status.

to think that your $19k not as negotiable as his evo, the cold weather must be getting to you.... don't get me wrong it is a pretty car and something you don't see all the time (there are a few locally it isn't a unicorn), but it isn't something that special.
Both parties are obviously at risk with buying another person's car, clearly Hershey is saying that it's more of a risk for him to trade for a car that clearly says there is issues with it it the ad. Hershey says his car has zero problems so I'm sure he wouldn't have an issue posting a pic of the dash cluster while the car is on to show that unlike the Evo, this does not have a CEL on.

This is also not a Brand new car, the car is a 1999 so that would make it 15 years old. I'm not sure why you're comparing to a new car.

As far as negotiations... Go onto Craigslist and do a quick search. There are HUNDREDS of EVO's for sale across the country. How many S15's do you see that are titled? I see only 2 titled S15's across country and the other one is $20,000 and doesn't include an extra set of coil overs, brakes, wheels, audio, etc. Here is the link to the ad:
Nissan silvia s15
Old 01-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #129
Whitepearls
Leaky Injector

Yea as far as D.O.T. the S15 is def illegal. Also if the car is more than 25 years old it can be registered as a classic/historic show car, which means it could only be driven to and from shows if that (it may have to be towed) by all means it is not a daily driver. However, we don't care lol still, I agree, both patties are taking a risk. Albeit the person buying the S15 imo is taking a much bigger risk.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #130
HERSH3Y
Leaky Injector

Quote:

As far as negotiations... Go onto Craigslist and do a quick search. There are HUNDREDS of EVO's for sale across the country. How many S15's do you see that are titled? I see only 2 titled S15's across country and the other one is $20,000 and doesn't include an extra set of coil overs, brakes, wheels, audio, etc. Here is the link to the ad:
Nissan silvia s15

Nailed it!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #131
Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Regardless, Hershey doesn't even want the Evo, so why would he do the trade for something he doesn't even want? I bet you wouldn't take that trade if you were in his position. I know I wouldn't. Nobody wants to take on someone else's headaches.

Moving on from this pointless discussion....
Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #132
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
buys s15, puts xxr's on it.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #133
Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli9000 View Post
buys s15, puts xxr's on it.
You're the man bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSH3Y View Post
Yup and they were free and look pretty good compared to the stock wheels. I can always put the stock wheels back on if that's more appealing to a buyer but I doubt it as they look like oem integra ls wheels. Is there a list of wheels that a Silvia S15 owner must follow, because I clearly must've missed out on the memo.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #134
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Both parties are obviously at risk with buying another person's car, clearly Hershey is saying that it's more of a risk for him to trade for a car that clearly says there is issues with it it the ad. Hershey says his car has zero problems so I'm sure he wouldn't have an issue posting a pic of the dash cluster while the car is on to show that unlike the Evo, this does not have a CEL on.

This is also not a Brand new car, the car is a 1999 so that would make it 15 years old. I'm not sure why you're comparing to a new car.

Nissan silvia s15
yeah, ICE comes to my house everytime I have a CEL.... lol. good call. There is no risk in owning this EVO or proving that it is a car that the FEDs say is legal to own in this country. Yes the state says they are okay with your S15, but homeland security is an entirely different governing body and supersede the state laws.

that Title, is little more than a bill of sale and mean nothing if/when ICE gets involved. Your his friend and that is cute and all that you are cheering him on.

PS why was I comparing a 15 year old NA car with questionable status in this country to a brand new BRZ with warranty..... because the price tags are not that far apart and the amount of risk in owning one over the other is far more vast. Telling me there is no play his price is a Joke, and for the record if you would like a Gray S15 of your own, There a couple of shops locally I can hook you up with with a fancy FL state title.... Just lmk. They do also pop up for sale pretty regularly on here, though their usually Boosted (like the guy who just decided to keep his and go RB because he couldn't find a buyer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
Regardless, Hershey doesn't even want the Evo, so why would he do the trade for something he doesn't even want? I bet you wouldn't take that trade if you were in his position. I know I wouldn't. Nobody wants to take on someone else's headaches.

Moving on from this pointless discussion....
I can appreciate him not wanting it, but his "risk" garbage so hypocritical it is laughable. Thus, I commented on it.

I wouldn't trade my R32 for an Evo, why? If I wanted an evo I would have bought an evo. a simple thanks, but not what I'm looking for and the crap he spewed were two entirely different things. Crying about the "risks" of car with "head aches".... (if O2 sensors are head aches maybe a Camry is more your style) and the "head Aches" of ICE knocking on your door are light years apart. This S15 has risks beyond the fact that it's status in this country is that of a child who was carried over the rio grand in a public school.... it is still a 15 year old car and may very well have things that need to be addressed.

I really don't care if he sells it or for what, but the "risk" thing was hilarious. carry on.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #135
adaptive
BANNED

adaptive is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ you sound pussyhurt bro

You mention ICE too much, you must be a pro with tons of experience.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #136
boost cruising
Leaky Injector

boost cruising is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man its sean with the red FD car is still mint...please contact me your only in NH 1617 899 0420 im in mass please text again hershey. i was in the middle east
Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #137
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
You're the man bro!
U drive a miata your opinion is not needed here
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #138

112107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
. Also if the car is more than 25 years old it can be registered as a classic/historic show car, which means it could only be driven to and from shows if that (it may have to be towed) by all means it is not a daily driver.
your an idiot!
there is no limitations on mileage of imported 25+ year old car,you can put a million miles in a year if you want.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #139
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112107 View Post
your an idiot!
there is no limitations on mileage of imported 25+ year old car,you can put a million miles in a year if you want.
He's referring to antique vehicle registration not normal registration of a vehicle 25+ years old...antique plates have alot of restriction
Old 01-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #140
VegasDrifterS13
Zilvia Junkie

VegasDrifterS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems Like The East Coast Is the Only way to get these Cars HALFASS legal. Anyone Able to State Title These Anywhere on the West Coast??? I always see Florida/New York/ New Hamp/ Vermont/ Maine/ etc. Is there a Simplicity over there that is different?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #141
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasDrifterS13 View Post
Seems Like The East Coast Is the Only way to get these Cars HALFASS legal. Anyone Able to State Title These Anywhere on the West Coast??? I always see Florida/New York/ New Hamp/ Vermont/ Maine/ etc. Is there a Simplicity over there that is different?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
It's funny how that works but no..... That's all ill get into....
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb27dets14 View Post
He's referring to antique vehicle registration not normal registration of a vehicle 25+ years old...antique plates have alot of restriction
wrong
the driving restrictions will be from the insurance company not the state
Old 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #143
Whitepearls
Leaky Injector

^LOL

Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #144
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
wrong
the driving restrictions will be from the insurance company not the state
Added to my zilvia registered retard list
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #145
AK_S2K
Leaky Injector

AK_S2K is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW... GL to the seller, amazing car

This FS thread is filled with a ton of bickering and BS!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb27dets14 View Post
Added to my zilvia registered retard list
really
contact hagerty or Grundy ,let them start reading you the restrictions on some of those classic car policies. TOOL
Old 01-13-2014, 05:31 AM   #147
keiofficeee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
keiofficeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol @ half the thread questioning legality, other half wetting their pants over a stock spec-s

just let the man sell his car and if u have inquiries, contact him directly

mad funny cunts
Old 01-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #148
HERSH3Y
Leaky Injector

Quote:
really
contact hagerty or Grundy ,let them start reading you the restrictions on some of those classic car policies. TOOL
No need for any of this BS. Progressive insures this car for $46/month for liability or $92/month full coverage with an agreed upon value of $18,800. There are no driver restrictions, no mileage restrictions, etc.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #149
rb27dets14
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSH3Y View Post
No need for any of this BS. Progressive insures this car for $46/month for liability or $92/month full coverage with an agreed upon value of $18,800. There are no driver restrictions, no mileage restrictions, etc.
I am a tool...but I'm one that does work!!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #150
timandytimandy
Leaky Injector

timandytimandy is an unknown quantity at this point
It's state titled in NH because after 15 years you only need a bill of sale to register a car. Genius.
Closed Thread