Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Fuck your flag pole and your medal of honor.

Article: http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/ne...201/309031/P0/

Col. Van T. Barfoot, a local Medal of Honor winner, is under the gun from his Henrico County community's homeowner association.

In a five-paragraph letter to Barfoot that he received yesterday, Barfoot is being ordered to remove a flagpole from his yard. The decorated veteran of three wars, now 90 years old, raises the American flag every morning on the pole, then lowers and folds the flag at dusk each day in a three-corner military fashion.

In a priority mail letter, the Coates & Davenport law firm in Richmond is ordering Barfoot to remove the pole by 5 p.m. Friday or face "legal action being brought to enforce the Covenants and Restrictions against you." The letter states that Barfoot will be subject to paying all legal fees and costs in any successful legal proceeding pursued by the homeowner association's board.

Barfoot lives in the Sussex Square community in far western Henrico; its board of directors rejected a plea from Barfoot in July to approve the pole, disallowing the fixture on aesthetic grounds.

There is no provision in the community's rules expressly forbidding flagpoles, Barfoot's daughter said. But she said the board ruled against her father's fixture and ordered it removed in July, deciding that free-standing flag poles are not aesthetically appropriate. Short flag stands attached to porches dot the community.

"Dad sort of feels like this is the end," said Margaret Nicholls, Barfoot's daughter, who lives a few doors away. But she said this morning that she and her husband are attempting to generate support for her father's cause, a flag-raising rite that he has undertaken for most of his life.

Barfoot received the Medal of Honor on the battlefield during World War II in Italy and fought as well in the Korean and Vietnam wars. A portion of a highway in rural Mississippi, his native state, was named in his honor this fall. A building at McGuire Veterans Hospital in Richmond also carries his name.

Barfoot began regularly flying the flag on Veteran's Day this year despite the Sussex Square board's decision.

He said in November that not flying the flag would be a sacrilege to him.

"There's never been a day in my life or a place I've lived in my life that you couldn't fly the American flag," he said.

For more on this story, see tomorrow's Richmond Times-Dispatch.

-- Bill McKelway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digg Discussion:
Digg / Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
His citation:
Citation For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty on 23 May 1944, near Carano, Italy.
With his platoon heavily engaged during an assault against forces well entrenched on commanding ground, 2d Lt. Barfoot (then Tech. Sgt.) moved off alone upon the enemy left flank.
He crawled to the proximity of 1 machinegun nest and made a direct hit on it with a hand grenade, killing 2 and wounding 3 Germans. He continued along the German defense line to another machinegun emplacement, and with his tommygun killed 2 and captured 3 soldiers.
Members of another enemy machinegun crew then abandoned their position and gave themselves up to Sgt. Barfoot. Leaving the prisoners for his support squad to pick up, he proceeded to mop up positions in the immediate area, capturing more prisoners and bringing his total count to 17.

Later that day, after he had reorganized his men and consolidated the newly captured ground, the enemy launched a fierce armored counterattack directly at his platoon positions.
Securing a bazooka, Sgt. Barfoot took up an exposed position directly in front of 3 advancing Mark VI tanks. From a distance of 75 yards his first shot destroyed the track of the leading tank, effectively disabling it, while the other 2 changed direction toward the flank.
As the crew of the disabled tank dismounted, Sgt. Barfoot killed 3 of them with his tommygun. He continued onward into enemy terrain and destroyed a recently abandoned German fieldpiece with a demolition charge placed in the breech.

While returning to his platoon position, Sgt. Barfoot, though greatly fatigued by his Herculean efforts, assisted 2 of his seriously wounded men 1,700 yards to a position of safety. Sgt. Barfoot's extraordinary heroism, demonstration of magnificent valor, and aggressive determination in the face of pointblank fire are a perpetual inspiration to his fellow soldiers.

I'm really curious to certain members of this site think about this. Poor old man, I hope he wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I hope he wins too.

Surviving MOH recipients are rare these days. To get one means that basically you are the shit.

I mean if your a private the lowest of the enlisted and you've earned a MOH fucking 4 star Generals have to salute you. Do you know how much honor that carries with it.

I say let this guy raise his flag morning and and sundown all he wants. He's given enough to this country to earn that right.

People have bleed and died for the American flag, it should be just that it is raised to remind us all of that everyday. Instead we're more concern about what Lady Gaga is wearing for the next awards show.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is completely outrageous.

I cannot even begin to fathom this level of stupidity and disrespect on the part of the Home Owners Association.

Fuck your Home Owners Association!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i will never move into a subdivision with a home owners' association. bunch of fucking shitheads.
my buddy's parents live next to this dude... he had a sailboat in his back yard, and the HOA made him move it off his property, so he put up a couple flagpoles behind his fence with sailboat sails on them, and then redid his yard and exterior of his house in a nautical theme. little rope fence around his front yard, lifesavers all over the fence, an anchor in the front yard, a huge lit sign over the garage that said "dry dock", and so on and so forth. and he's on the front corner lot of the subdivision, so anybody looking to buy a house in the neighborhood sees him first.
dude's a total asshole but it was really, really funny.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #5
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Now thats just fucked up. His actions and the actions of everyone in WWII made it to possible for those assholes in HOA's to dictate their ideals of perfection to anyone living in their property.

Let him keep his flag. Let him wave it proudly for everyone to see.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
mr.lonelys12
Zilvia Member

mr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the roughmr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the roughmr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the roughmr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the roughmr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the roughmr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the roughmr.lonelys12 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to mr.lonelys12
He completed two call of duty missions on Veteran in one day, what a savage!

if the home owners association does not have a full out public apology asap. thats beyond fucked up.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
demonspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
demonspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
a living MOH recipient? those dudes need to be kissing his ass
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
I hope he wins too.

Surviving MOH recipients are rare these days. To get one means that basically you are the shit.

I mean if your a private the lowest of the enlisted and you've earned a MOH fucking 4 star Generals have to salute you. Do you know how much honor that carries with it.

I say let this guy raise his flag morning and and sundown all he wants. He's given enough to this country to earn that right.

People have bleed and died for the American flag, it should be just that it is raised to remind us all of that everyday. Instead we're more concern about what Lady Gaga is wearing for the next awards show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This is completely outrageous.

I cannot even begin to fathom this level of stupidity and disrespect on the part of the Home Owners Association.

Fuck your Home Owners Association!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i will never move into a subdivision with a home owners' association. bunch of fucking shitheads.
my buddy's parents live next to this dude... he had a sailboat in his back yard, and the HOA made him move it off his property, so he put up a couple flagpoles behind his fence with sailboat sails on them, and then redid his yard and exterior of his house in a nautical theme. little rope fence around his front yard, lifesavers all over the fence, an anchor in the front yard, a huge lit sign over the garage that said "dry dock", and so on and so forth. and he's on the front corner lot of the subdivision, so anybody looking to buy a house in the neighborhood sees him first.
dude's a total asshole but it was really, really funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Now thats just fucked up. His actions and the actions of everyone in WWII made it to possible for those assholes in HOA's to dictate their ideals of perfection to anyone living in their property.

Let him keep his flag. Let him wave it proudly for everyone to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.lonelys12 View Post
He completed two call of duty missions on Veteran in one day, what a savage!

if the home owners association does not have a full out public apology asap. thats beyond fucked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
a living MOH recipient? those dudes need to be kissing his ass
agree with everyone...shits fucking stupid, fuck HOA...waiste

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
fuk240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
fuk240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
FUCK that HOA....i hope he wins....

The shit people do nowadays is fucking ridiculous at times. If the flag of the country that you live in and provides for you is not aesthetically pleasing you should be sent to live in Afghanistan. Fuck that shit!
fuk240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
While I agree that he deserves to be able to present the flag, nobody forced him to live in a community that has a HOA. And sadly the HOA has control, not him. That is why many people choose NOT to live in those areas. As much as I wish he would win, its not going to happen.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
^ There's one of the answers I was waiting for.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
America...........................I just am not surprised anymore by anything like this.

On a side note, whoever is behind making this man take his flag down should be fucking gutted and decapitated.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^^But the thing is, there is NOTHING in the HOA manual stating you cannot put up such a flagpole.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I wish this was a fake story.... but I couldn't be that lucky anymore.

A lot of people REALLY need to pull their head out of their ass.
Why don't they just kick and spit on the guy too?

The disrespect these days to those that serve our country is simply mind blowing.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I wish this was a fake story.... but I couldn't be that lucky anymore.

A lot of people REALLY need to pull their head out of their ass.
Why don't they just kick and spit on the guy too?

The disrespect these days to those that serve our country is simply mind blowing.
It has nothing to do with the guy in all honesty, him being a MOH Veteran has no bearing on whether he can put a flag up or not. The HOA decided that nobody can have free-standing flag poles in their yard in that area. That goes for the families living on either side of him to.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
yeah.... I understand the "rule".
However, it's a huge FUCK YOU to the veteran
Old 12-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
yeah.... I understand the "rule".
However, it's a huge FUCK YOU to the veteran
No its not... Because again it doesn't matter if the guy is a veteran or not. They are not targeting "veterans" its a blanket for EVERYBODY who lives there. If he doesn't like it, MOVE. To be honest HOA do this EVERYWHERE and the only reason this gets any press at all is because the guy is a veteran, its a shame.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
no rule.. ruling.
If I understand correctly, there is no rule that states he cant have the pole. After it was up, they decided it wasn't pretty so they want him to take it down.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
Brian
Post Whore!

I think you kind of miss the whole point.

Yes, you are "right", so to speak, but at the same time you are so wrong also.

It's kind of like those lawyers and whatnot who look at fine print and interpretations to screw people out of stuff.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #20
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
If I understand correctly, there is no rule that states he cant have the pole. After it was up, they decided it wasn't pretty so they want him to take it down.
yeah, that's true, so in my opinion it's even MORE of a fuck you to the guy.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #21
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Lets assume the Vet doesn't remove the pole, and lets assume the Vet doesn't pay 'fines' to the homeowners association....what the hell can they even do to him?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #22
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

He can still easily hang a flag from his porch like everybody else. The problem is if this article was about anything other than a veteran like I said, I think people would just say he should take it down and be down with it.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
It's kind of like those lawyers and whatnot who look at fine print and interpretations to screw people out of stuff.
Ah yes, lawyers not so much concerned with 'doing the right thing', only 'getting their client in the clear'

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Lets assume the Vet doesn't remove the pole, and lets assume the Vet doesn't pay 'fines' to the homeowners association....what the hell can they even do to him?
Take him to court, make him pay to remove it, pay all of the court fees etc.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #25
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Ah yes, lawyers not so much concerned with 'doing the right thing', only 'getting their client in the clear'
Not to nit pick, but if I was in any kind of trouble thats EXACTLY what I would want my lawyer to do... Maybe your different
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #26
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Take him to court, make him pay to remove it, pay all of the court fees etc.
See, I don't live in such a situation so I'm not 100% how they work, but I just wouldn't go...

Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #27
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Crap, forgot about this.

Read The Bill: H.R. 42 [109th] - GovTrack.us

Quote:
A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
Brian
Post Whore!

I think the fact that he IS a veteran.... and QUITE a veteran at that, makes this story ALL the more important.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #29
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Not to nit pick, but if I was in any kind of trouble thats EXACTLY what I would want my lawyer to do... Maybe your different
I'd rather not be a fuck up and be in the wrong to begin with, so maybe I am different.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #30
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
See, I don't live in such a situation so I'm not 100% how they work, but I just wouldn't go...
Then you end up with a bench warrant, and eventually being arrested if you choose not to show up and/or pay