Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Redline Time Attack July 19th 20th California Speedway

Well, i guess they call it Auto Club Speedway now. Anyone else thinking about entering one of the classes?
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
We rented four garage bays, stop by and say hi if you are just coming out to spectate, speculate or postulate. And check out the Kognition S14 Silvia with the new race kit. Sickly sickness that must be beheld.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #3
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
We rented four garage bays, stop by and say hi if you are just coming out to spectate, speculate or postulate. And check out the Kognition S14 Silvia with the new race kit. Sickly sickness that must be beheld.
Are you related to Rev. Jessie Jackson by any chance?
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
kognition
Premium Member

I resemble that remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Are you related to Jessy Jackson by any chance?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
kognition
Premium Member

Seriously, get your asses out there and support the only S14 in the unlimited class!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I wish I could join up the CA Speedway hpde driving school, but its a little pricey for me. However, I'm very interested in joining Redline's street of willow weekend event on Jul 26th. Their time attack program looks to be a lot of fun. If I see you there, I will be sure to stop by and say hello.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:57 AM   #7
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
If I have time I'll try to swing by your garage. I'm going to be pit crew-ing for my friends at the event. I can't wait!
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Relentless350Z
Leaky Injector

Relentless350Z will become famous soon enoughRelentless350Z will become famous soon enoughRelentless350Z will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Relentless350Z
We'll be there with the Z and EVO!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
im going to try and make it to watch

i have never been to a redline event
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Yo Mike. What's this race kit you mention? Details? Btw are your hoods available yet? I want one! Btw I called your phone, but no one picked up. I'd like to make it to that event, but I got a speed ventures one I'm going to the following weekend!
mmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I'll be there helping pit for a friend

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #12
krayzbigmac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
krayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krayzbigmac
A good portion of all the SoCal R/C drifters are going to be down there for a competition. It's part of the festivities going on so we'll be there. Stop by the HPI Racing R/C track and say whats up to some of the guys in orange and black pit shirts. haha

$5 off flyer lol
Old 07-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
kognition
Premium Member

Race kit, basically it solves the issues i have had with wanting to make certain parts and integrate them effectively. Wide body fenders, bumper that matches the fender lines, and the bumper allows our splitters to bolt directly up without having to do any home depot voodoo stuff. And the headlite deletes bolt onto the bumper. Intake areas for our brake duct kit as well.
Hood i am still testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdb View Post
Yo Mike. What's this race kit you mention? Details? Btw are your hoods available yet? I want one! Btw I called your phone, but no one picked up. I'd like to make it to that event, but I got a speed ventures one I'm going to the following weekend!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
ghambino
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I saw the Kognition S14 roofless at JWT a few weeks ago...so sick! Definitely looking forward to seeing it run.
ghambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
bloop

bloop is making a name for him/her selfbloop is making a name for him/her self
Attention All R/c Drifters!!!!

ATTENTION ALL RC DRIFTERS!!!

\
Thanks to Xtreme RC Cars Magazine, the RC DriftClub Drift/Time Attack Challenge will have FULL magazine coverage…

…and Xtreme RC Cars Magazine will also cover $10 for every driver entered (meaning entry fee is now only $15 per class!)…

…and finally for the trifecta, Xtreme RC Cars Magazine is offering CASH PRIZES for the top-3 drivers of both Drift Battle and Time Attack! So you only have 2 days left to get your entry tickets, as the are first come, first served! Full size race cars, hot models, car shows, and more, the Redline Time Attack is the biggest event of the summer!

Enter HERE, don’t be late!
bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #16
kognition
Premium Member

We will be rolling the trailer in on Sunday morning.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #17
CityTireOnline.com
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
CityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CityTireOnline.com
See you guys there. Come by and visit!
CityTireOnline.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:49 AM   #18
kognition
Premium Member

Wow what a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #19
CityTireOnline.com
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
CityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfectionCityTireOnline.com is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CityTireOnline.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
Wow what a great weekend!
Yea it was a great event. I didn't get out to watch much, but it was awesome meeting all the people that stopped by our setup.

That Kognition Silvia was fast!

-John
CityTireOnline.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
tracks13
BANNED

tracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond reputetracks13 has a reputation beyond repute
Any videos? .
tracks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #21
kognition
Premium Member

I'm still trying to find the in car video on my camcorder. I guess they did not press the button. I was strapped in and could not reach back for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracks13 View Post
Any videos? .
Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #22
krayzbigmac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
krayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant futurekrayzbigmac has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krayzbigmac
It was a crazy weekend, tons of fun. Too bad I didn't really get to walk around due to our R/C event. But hey, I won time attack for R/C! A great event, really glad I went both days.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #23
kognition
Premium Member

Not fast enough though, i came in 4th behind the Relentless 350z by 20 seconds. Of course i am the most underpowered car in unlimited class, everyone else is 400 to 800 Hp. I am 260 . Moreso because i have been learning to control the car out there with pro time attack drivers. That was my only run of the entire day! No practice. I did get lapped by the GST Suby, but he actually broke the track record when he lapped me. I didn't spin out once! New motor (400hp) for the new season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityTireOnline.com View Post
Yea it was a great event. I didn't get out to watch much, but it was awesome meeting all the people that stopped by our setup.

That Kognition Silvia was fast!

-John

Last edited by kognition; 07-21-2008 at 01:46 PM..
Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #24
kognition
Premium Member

Those little cars are amazing to watch! I was mesmerized just seeing all that torque of those motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzbigmac View Post
It was a crazy weekend, tons of fun. Too bad I didn't really get to walk around due to our R/C event. But hey, I won time attack for R/C! A great event, really glad I went both days.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #25
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
went saturday could not make it sunday i was super bummed when i could not find the Kognition car on sat

i got a bunch of pics i will post up later
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #26
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

oh and on sat the relentless z looked like it was having probs on sat it was smoking alot anyone know what was wrong??

and what time did the blue s15 put down it looked like a nice car
Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
kognition
Premium Member

I missed Sat , sorry.
The Z was running a whole 10 seconds slower than the last time it ran this track layout. Not sure what the problem was, but usually when a new motor is built (as it was) there are gremlins of some kind.
The Endless S15 (amazing car) was running 2 minute times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
oh and on sat the relentless z looked like it was having probs on sat it was smoking alot anyone know what was wrong??

Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #28
Relentless350Z
Leaky Injector

Relentless350Z will become famous soon enoughRelentless350Z will become famous soon enoughRelentless350Z will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Relentless350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post

The car was fine. For some reason when we are in boost and then do a hard decel, the turbo system created some blow-by and the burnt oil would smoke out of the exhaust. The problem had stopped by Sunday. This was the first run on that motor so there are a few small (thank god) bugs. The only real mechanical problem we had all weekend was some heat issues and a pinhole leak in one of the fittings in the coolant system. Our main issue was that our cams from the old motor (non-Revup) didn't transfer to the new motor (Revup) and we couldn't get new ones made in time so we were on stock cams which created a ton of lag with the turbos. We couldn't feel boost until 5k rpm and then it came in hard and our redline was at 7750 rpm. It was pretty much impossible to keep it in that small window for a lot of the infield turns so we were losing A LOT of time waiting for the turbos to kick in. Like Kognition said, we went there 2 months ago with the car and ran a 1:46 on Toyo R888s before that motor went. The best we did this weekend was a 1:51 in practice and a 1:52.0 in the time attack so it was a very frustrating weekend for us.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #29
junn
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
junn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i went!!!!!!....it was badass!!!!!!....great cars
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #30
kognition
Premium Member

I know there are more pics coming. Here's Mike blocking a perfectly good view of my car.