Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
8.24.2008 - USD Round 4 - PRO/AM Qualifier/Practice Day, Shenandoah Circuit, Summit P

Round4 - USDrift East Coast Series
Sunday, August 24th, 2008
at Shenandoah Circuit - Summit Point Raceway
Summit Point Motorsports Park
PO Box 190, Summit Point, WV 25446

SPECTATOR ADMISSION:
FREE!!1

DETAILS:
Round4 of the USDrift ECS is scheduled to take place on Sunday, August 24th on the Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point Raceway, in Summit Point, WV. The track configuration will utilize the same section of the track as the Formula Drift event did in 2007. Although the practice sessions will incorporate the entire track broken up into 3 different configurations. This event is open to all drivers of all skill level, both professional and amateur. There will be a practice session, qualifying, and top 16 tandem elimination at this event. All drivers who possess the proper safety equipment and skill level by qualifying in the top 16 will be able to compete in the tandem eliminations. Drift Nirvana (the track's own program) will also be running a single run judged competition on one of the other 2 sections of the track. This event is inscluded with your entry fee and you are able to compete in their competition during your qualifying session.

You must be an active member of the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) in order to participate in this event. You can become a member at NASA's website. Memberships are valid for one full year and include a subscription to GrassRoots Magazine (a $19.95 value), as well as several other benefits and discounts listed on their site (you will also be helping by supporting a racing organization that helps the sport of drifting).

Please refer to the 2007 USD Competition Rules and Regulations (CRR) for specific information regarding the USD competition series. Note: Several rules have changed for 2008, please read the new rulebook to ensure compliance. For any additional information on this and other USD events, please visit the USD website. This includes decal placement on the windshield. IF YOU ARE COMPETING HAVE YOUR VEHICLE NUMBER ON YOUR WINDSHIELD IN ADVANCE - NO TAPE OR SHOE POLISH!!1 Additional questions regarding this event and rules may be directed to [email protected].
Drivers meetings are mandatory for all participants, failure to attend will forfeit your right to participate without a refund. Grounds speed limit is 10 mph and paddock speed limit is 5mph, both will be strictly enforced. Event is rain or shine.

USD SERIES POINTS:
Each 2008 USD competition will award drivers' (both professional and amateur) points based on their performance. At the end of the USD season, a series champion will be determined based on the driver with the most overall points earned this season. This event is the third of four rounds scheduled for the 2008 season.

PRO/AM:
Because this event is open to both amateur and professional drivers, only the top scoring amateur drivers will receive invites to the PRO/AM Event held in conjunction with GTLive on October 3-5, 2008 at VIRginia International Raceway in Alton, VA. Approximately 6-8 invitations will be awarded at each event. Note: This number is not set in stone and is only an approximation based on driver skill level at any given event, the number can be increased or decreased based on driver performance. For more information on PRO/AM, please visit the PRO/AM website. For more information on the Formula Drift Professional Series, please visit the Formula Drift website.

REGISTRATION*:
Practice: $150 Please visit Drift Nirvana for more information.
Competition & Practice: Competition Preregistration event cost is $170 includes practice session (save $30 and preregister).
The deadline for preregistration is midnight on Friday, August 22nd, 2008. After the deadline for preregistration, drivers may register at the event incurring a $30 late fee (pending spots are still available).

FORMAT:
Practice sessions will take place on the entire track, however, it will be broken up into 3 different configurations. Qualifying and tandem elimination rounds will use only the Formula Drift section from last year. The qualifying and tandem elimination rounds will be judged by a 3-member panel for this event. Judged criteria includes; entry speed into the turns, overall speed carried throughout the judged portion of the run, drift angle (the bigger, the better – without sacrificing speed), clipping points (apex of the turns), and use of the entire track (performed in a controlled manner). The judged sections of the track will be the same for qualifying and tandem eliminations, and will be discussed in detail at the drivers' meeting.

On tandem runs, the aforementioned factors will still be used, with the addition of the leading and following cars maintaining their respective lead or pursuit over the other driver. Passes are not required for a winning run, however, if the lead driver has gone off line and the following driver executes the pass in a safe manner or to prevent a crash, that is acceptable. The “One More Time” clause will only be used once per match-up. Extra points can be awarded to drivers at the discretion of the individual judges and may include, but are not limited to, close proximity to barriers, amount of tire smoke, tire smoke that causes a change in the following driver’s line, and if minor contact is made with an object but the drift is still maintained (i.e. bumper gently tagging a barrier on purpose and under control).

SCHEDULE:
USD = USDrift
DN = Drift Nirvana
***All drivers' meetings will be held in the paddock.
7:00AM - Gates open
9:00AM - Registration / Technical Inspections Opens
10:00AM - Skid Pad Opens
11:00AM - Lunch Hour (no un-muffled / loud engines)
12:00PM- Registration / Technical Inspections Closes
12:30PM - Drivers' meeting (MANDATORY)
1:30PM - Practice begins (All Loops)
4:00PM - Practice ends (All Loop)
4:05PM - Drivers' meeting (MANDATORY)
4:15PM - USD - Qualifying (Blue Loop)
4:15PM - DN - Competition (Orange Loop)
4:15PM - DN - Practice (Green Loop)
5:45PM - USD - Top 16 announced
6:00PM - USD - Top 16 eliminations (Blue Loop)
6:50PM - All Drifting ends. Skid Pad Closes
6:55PM - Award ceremony
7:30PM - Event is over

MISC:
Volunteers interested in helping out with this event, please email [email protected]. All volunteers must be 18+ years old.
Sponsorship inquiries for this event should be directed to [email protected] or call 804-545-2822.
Any event questions or concerns, please contact [email protected].
All media requests must be sent to [email protected]. All media requests are subject to approval from USD and must meet all requirements set forth in the USD Media Application found on the USD website, under forms.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm there. This is the last event before the Pro-Am. All day practice and end the day with a competition.
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
already registered.

gettin ready for the big boy FD course!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
alexander500
Zilvia Member

alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
I am registered and ready, with a borrowed car. I just spend all day preping it for Sunday. I pulled out his piece of shit shit, steering wheel and janky wheels and put my shit on and it feels like home now. I can't believe this fool let me borrow his car for a drift event. It's going to be awsome
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Holy crap today was awsome. I borrowed a friend's S14 so I could run at my favorite track, Quailfied 13th and fought my way back to 3rd place.

Brian W. came in 2nd, almost first.

and Nate Braz got 1st.

I am on the top of the world right now. I can't believe what went down today. I got to run with Brian. He lead first, I wasn't able to match his line at the begining of the course, but kept up with him and got as close as I possible could in the tighter sections. I spun in the first turn leading him, and I will never forgive myself for it. I really didn't have a chance against Brian or Nate, they are just way too consistant, and fast, but I gave it all I had and came kind of close. In a borrowed car. haha.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #6
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
Congrats to you Lee! glad to see you on the podium. you were killin it in that borrowed car!

it was a pleasure driving against you.
well deserved! congrats again!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Thanks Brian, that means a lot coming from you. Hopefully I will be back out agian soon. I need to get my car in shape
Old 08-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
exitsine

Trader Rating: (0)
exitsine is making a name for him/her selfexitsine is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this event was amazing, mad props to everyone who put it togethor, things seemed to run extreemly smoothly.

Datto I am glad you walked away from the event no problem, sucks about your car. Along with the white JD motorsports hatch. and others.

Got to throw it up to Brian and Carlos and the others for the podiums. As well as everyone else out here, the events I have been to up north are nothing compared to florida.

I have video but no computer until i get back home in 3 weeks.
exitsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Shit was deffinately way fun. HECK YEAH LEE!!! Congrats!!!! ...Brian took me down too, and sadly, I enjoyed it aswell.

Ps. this is Kiely, LOL.
drifts135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
GOVernor451

Trader Rating: (0)
GOVernor451 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dan Jenkins / Wrecked Magazine Photo links:

Wrecked Magazine Blog - Drifting’s #1 source of information and stupid! » Blog Archive » Formula D Pro Am Coverage - Summit Point

Wrecked Magazine - Formula D Pro Am - Regional August 2008 - Summit Point, WV

Enjoy!
GOVernor451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #11
alexander500
Zilvia Member

"http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac....7-9b0900fcb579"