Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #31
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
it's not the only way but it's a good thing to do if you don't know wtf you want to do after HS.

my advice is go to a community college and knock out that general ed, I paid about 270 a semester plus 300 for books, I was living at home and it all 90 units transferred to 60 quarter units at a CSU SAME SHIT

I totally agree with you about attending community college before applying to college/universities but it's not very reasonable to say go to college right after hs when you have no idea what you want to do with your life. I've attended both and regret not finishing an associates program at CC.

Another option I don't think has been mentioned is joining the military. Google post 911 g.i. bill. Its worth ALOT. I also regret not joining before I went to school and wasted time and money.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 07:37 PM   #32
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would not lose any sleep over it.
A.A. degree is pretty much worthless in terms of practical value.
I've never seen any job ad that asks for it.

lol, even my B.A. in psychology from uc san diego is worthless and that's why im doing a master's program now.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #33
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dat411kid is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
its not what it used to be i agree.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #34
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I would not lose any sleep over it.
A.A. degree is pretty much worthless in terms of practical value.
I've never seen any job ad that asks for it.

lol, even my B.A. in psychology from uc san diego is worthless and that's why im doing a master's program now.

It will save you a ton of money going to CC first and transferring. I wasn't suggesting only getting an associates.
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #35
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
A lot of valid points, but I can say its the biggest waqy to take your money. And one place thoes does it well. UTI. I'm dropping out because its so much of a joke and all they want is your money, not to help you
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #36
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
After its said and done................... I will have 200k+ in education alone

*sigh*
Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 AM   #37
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
The first couple years of college seemed worthless. Just a rehash of high school

When I finally started getting into classes that applied to my major, then I started getting my moneys worth.

My primary concern with our education is that everything is just a corporation now and it seems like there isnt emphasis in actual learning, but just getting the grade.

Alot of the material has to be watered down just so those whom dont put hard work in can pass. A bachelors seemed a little to easy
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #38
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
My primary concern with our education is that everything is just a corporation now and it seems like there isnt emphasis in actual learning, but just getting the grade.
Anybody walking out of a college with just the grade deserves what they paid for. Its up to the student to take anything more away from the program.

I think a big problem is the pressure kids feel to get into a college right after high school. Without any experience leading them to something they actually care about learning.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #39
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
just finished watching

EXCELLENT video

agree 100% with everything and its the same shit i've been thinking about over and over in my head while attending college
max finish ur degree get into to oil industry and make bank like me.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #40
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
don't want nsx
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #41
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
moreover, I went to college, for engineering, came out, got a job in the auto industry and I am learning everything I ever wanted to know about my favorite thing- cars.

College is just a tool, you have to be a competent fuck if you want to get a job after college. Ask the unemployed classmates who had better GPA's then me.

If you think doing UTI or whatever a car company is gonna hire you and you are gonna make crazy money you are touching yourself.

Fine, I got college loans, about 38k when I graduated. I went to a private school, I am paying it off and I live like a king on my salary.

You have to pay for it but it is worth it- If you are trying to do something in life.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #42
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
I think a big problem is the pressure kids feel to get into a college right after high school. Without any experience leading them to something they actually care about learning.
Couldn't agree more.

Post secondary education has turned into something kids "must" do. I felt so much pressure from my parents/teachers/peers to enroll somewhere straight out of high school. I couldn't find a program I was super interested in so I took some time off. Worked a few jobs. I don't think I was mature enough to be in school. It would have been a waste of time/money because I would have been going just to appease everyone else.

I later attended college for a year. I learned a bit but didn't really feel it's what I wanted to do. Got a job offer from family before my second year.

I'm currently doing that and absolutely love my job. At some point I might be interested in going back to school. Not to get a piece of paper or a grade... but to learn something I'm interested in.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #43
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I started out as a dishwasher now I got my own... :P
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #44
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
to me experience is earned, not gained

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #45
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
what does that even mean?
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #46
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
think he meant to say respect is earned, not gained.
can't make any sense out of it otherwise.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #47
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Ahahah homegirl of mine just grad UCLA today. We're gonna fucken party hard, then next month she's gonna pick me up in her brand new M3 with JPL liscense plate holders. So I guess it goes... If you know why you're doing, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #48
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
^ You sound like an idiot? Yes, true.

What exactly did "homegirl" attend UCLA for? And what is this awesome job that her awesome new degree got her..which enabled her to have an awesome new M3 "with JPL license (Yes, that is how you correctly spell it you fucking retard) plate holders."
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #49
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

'JPL license plate holders' is what's important. They're a true status symbol.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #50
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
what does that even mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
think he meant to say respect is earned, not gained.
can't make any sense out of it otherwise.

I mean, you don't have experience until you actually do something. You build something, you've got experience. You can't 'gain' experience by reading.

So with that said, I believe way to many people credit their college as 'experience' when the reality is they have nothing to show for their ability other than debt and book reciepts.

I'm not saying college is a waste(hell I have a degree), I just believe that way to many are under the assumption that it automatically makes them the subject matter expert on something.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #51
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I would probably just differentiate between academic and work experience.
Many formal education degrees do require some level of work experience before you graduate.
Experience is just experience, the way I see it.
Not really sure it's fair to say academic experience isn't earned.
I don't think it's any easier per say, or really even comparable.

The M.A. degree in psychology I'm working for requires a minimal 300 hrs.
Being licensed as an MFT in CA requires 3,000.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #52
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey213 View Post
You have your own dish?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #53
240sx Project

240sx Project is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240o'clock View Post
College is for tards

Just own a strip club youll be wielthy and have the bitches
It's spelled "wealthy". It is evident that you did NOT take a serious approach to school. Maybe you were looking at the "dumb bitches" hoping to employ them in your future "strip club"! haha!
240sx Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #54
SK91
Leaky Injector

SK91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i want my own dish too, got any tips for me?
SK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #55
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
I hated school. Wasn't a challenge. Never went to college at all. But I'm still making a very comfortable living off what the USAF taught me with jet engines

There are many ways to skin a cat, as long as the skin gets off, don't care how you do it!
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #56
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Everyone who has not figured out for themselves everything stated in that video before even entering college should not be in college anyway.
That being said, I personally will still go to college rather than not go to college.

I also find it humorous how in any thread pertaining to higher education so many people feel the need to validate their choice to not go to college and let it be known to everyone that they do not want a degree. Especially when they give as an example some individual who happened to 'make it,' in which case good luck becoming that 0.01%, because chances are if you are not already, you never will be.

Obviously, college is not for everyone. However, please do not interfere with another individual's choice to pursue higher education/not pursue higher education. That decision is entirely unto oneself.

College works great and exactly as intended for the top 10% of students who actually give it their all and excel, and have employers fighting over them before even graduating. The remaining 90% are just there to pay for the top 10%'s ride, and they are too naive to realize it.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #57
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
^ You sound like an idiot? Yes, true.

What exactly did "homegirl" attend UCLA for? And what is this awesome job that her awesome new degree got her..which enabled her to have an awesome new M3 "with JPL license (Yes, that is how you correctly spell it you fucking retard) plate holders."
Ahhahaha I didn't know you could hear my drunken keystrokes through the internet. You wanna be grammar nazi, goat eating, dunce cap for a jimmy hat player. She has a topographical engineering position at JPL. I didn't go to a university and I used to live in-between Echo and Mc Arthur park (LA) but I make enough to have property in the Philippines so far.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #58
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
You have your own dish?
No, I have my own built in Samsung in black. Something I always wanted! ;P

Quote:
College works great and exactly as intended for the top 10% of students who actually give it their all and excel, and have employers fighting over them before even graduating. The remaining 90% are just there to pay for the top 10%'s ride, and they are too naive to realize it.
Yup, that's pretty much it.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #59
SK91
Leaky Injector

SK91 is an unknown quantity at this point
mikey is mad
SK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #60
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
No, I have my own built in Samsung in black. Something I always wanted! ;P
Built into your dishes?

Wicked.