Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #91
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
torque.....

that is all.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #92
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
unfortunatly the people that think a LSx swap is dumb are the same people who don't have track time under there belts and only have mild bolt ons or have never, done a major rebuild or project.

Very few people on this board can say that they go to the track frequenlty. By that statement i mean more then 10 times in a year. ive done a large amount of Drifting / Auto x / and spirited driving. sometimes doing close to 2 events per month for the year! thats 24 events and countless hours of repairing a broken down car. All i can say is that reliability is a huge thing when your actually driving your car.

i have many friends with SR20 swaps and RB swaps that are always breaking down or dont run because parts are hard to come by. or watching people blow there cars up becuase that one little hose that they ignored blew up and fryed there motor. or people who continue to talk about how there car will make 800hp...... if they can ever finish a project. lots of people say it's a stupid thing to put a LSx or 2JZ or what ever. but truth of the matter is when you want to really drive your car and enjoy it with out having to worry about blowing something that is hard to find up. then you'll understand why people decide to go with a newer motor and not spend $2000 + on a SR20 or $3500 + on a RB (ruff estimates)

i can remember a time when people where putting B18 motors into mini coopers (older version) or when i first saw a 2000+ (7th gen)toyota celica with a 3SGTE motor swap. better yet when i saw a first gen toyota celica with a SR20 NA! i thought this was the best thing to ever happen to the import scene! this is what the import scene needed, creativity and shops to make more parts for cars and to continue to push the envelope.

unfortunatly that is slowly becoming a past dream as everyone trys to be the lowest and most tire tucked they can be. as drifting has left is roots and gone to a "show style" of who has the most horsepower and who has the biggest rims with the biggest and brightest neon lights. most people now adays are all about the "low and slow" or being "JDM" as fuck or what ever that means.

truth be told if someone pisses you off becuase of something they do to there own car with there own money. you should probably get a new hobbie. im waiting for the day i see a running S13 with a F22C supercharged! that would definatly be awesome.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #93
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This thread is ghey.. I was hoping to see some crazy ass swap in a s-chassis.... Like a cummins or something rad...

Wasn't expecting "LS's are gay cuz I eat crayons for a living" thread...
Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #94
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
Food for thoughts.

On the dyno my V8 made 320 ft-lbs at the wheels at 1,500 RPM.

I can "tune" the V8 to put down anywhere from 400 ft-lbs to 600 ft-lbs based on the type track I'm running that day just by dialing back the timing and leaning out the carb.

I'm building my 454 engine which should put down 750 bhp NA according to the engine builder, or if I go crazy and decide to supercharge it can put down 1,000 bhp.

I am also a redneck and I'm gay.
very Nice, my buddy just got done building his 496cui. BBC that made just north of 750 for his 72 Chevelle, what are you putting it in? i don't think it will fit in a 240sx lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
i personaly want a 2j.
hell yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
Just putting in my opinion. I dont like ls swaps in any s-chassis's at all. I dont like jz swaps in s-chassis's. What I think is if u have a nissan stay nissan. If you have a toyota stay toyota ect ect ect.
Coming from a 2JZ runner, i get people saying this alot. and i guess I've never understood that side of the story, care to elaborate? (not trying to start anything just always curious)
Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #95
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Performance > Looks > Impressing Brand Nutswingers

LSX > SR > VH

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 05-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #96
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Heroic Statement.

LSX S13's are not stylish.

LSX's are great engines. They do not belong in Nissans. Though, a VH45DE belongs in a Nissan.

THIS is a load of bullshit.

Don't conufse a BIG engine for a GREAT engine.

An F20/F22 is a GREAT engine, with over 100 hp/L.

An LS1 or LS2 with 350 hp on 6 L is an inefficient engine that is just fucking BIG.

I am more into "refinement" or "efficiency". Look at formula 1 and shit. It's not about raw power, it's about power within the confines of a certain displacement.....how EFFICIENT of a motor can you build.

Comparing LS1 versus SR is just silly.

OF COURSE the 6.0L motor has a massive advantage over the 2.0L.

This is why I hate all of the old mustangs and corvettes. They weren't really THAT fast whatsoever, they just had big, SHITTY motors in them.

Where do you draw the line?

If I put a 12.0L engine that makes 500 hp in my car, does that make it a "good engine"

ANSWER: No, it's just fucking big, using displacement to MAKE UP for it's inefficiency.

My opinion of course.....

Daily driven
Old 05-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #97
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post

This is why I hate all of the old mustangs and corvettes. They weren't really THAT fast whatsoever, they just had big, SHITTY motors in them.

In the 1960's and 1970's they were fast, technology has come along way since then.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #98
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
2 things

That 12 liter engine could be a turbo diesel with enough torque to ripe your county of its foundation. That might not be good in an S chassis but it would be great in a large vehicle with a huge load. Some times brute force is exactly what you need.

The LSx can be made to be just as efficient as a small displacement quad cam. That is what is so incredible about it compared to the average American V8. Heads, cam, and itbs and you could have a screamer of an engine that still has the brute force of 6 liters. Plus there are off the shelf parts out there to suit what ever your needs are. You can destroke it and rev it to 9000-plus if you want, or bore and stroke it close to 8 liters.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #99
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
it's a great motor and a great setup but it's blasphemy to put an american V8 into a japanese car IMHO

would you swap a SR in a '66 Nova?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #100
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
i
would you swap a 2JZ n a '66 Nova?
yes.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #101
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection

Oh no. He ruined it.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #102
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Hating on this motor is just a pointless as hating on the SR... Or maybe it's beyond my logic to hate on a proven motor... :s
Old 05-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #103
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
would you swap a SR in a '66 Nova?
I wouldn't put an SR in anything.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #104
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
every fucking motor being discussed in this thread is a "great" motor.

its alllll personal preference.

/thread.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #105
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have not read this thread at all, but what I do know is that a V8 in a drift car is HELLLA GAYYYY. Especially if it is one of dem amerikan nascer V8 oooowwwwwooooohoooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v_KFHUD0D0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v_KFHUD0D0E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #106
udon!
Nissanaholic!

america is so mature, yo.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #107
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post

Oh no. He ruined it.
the wheels, fart can, and appearance in Tokyo Drift are what ruined that car
Old 05-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #108
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

ineedone

That car is an abomination.

FD is getting to the point where they need a street legal class and an open class.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #109
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
2 things

That 12 liter engine could be a turbo diesel with enough torque to ripe your county of its foundation. That might not be good in an S chassis but it would be great in a large vehicle with a huge load. Some times brute force is exactly what you need.

The LSx can be made to be just as efficient as a small displacement quad cam. That is what is so incredible about it compared to the average American V8. Heads, cam, and itbs and you could have a screamer of an engine that still has the brute force of 6 liters. Plus there are off the shelf parts out there to suit what ever your needs are. You can destroke it and rev it to 9000-plus if you want, or bore and stroke it close to 8 liters.

Point taken, but it is no longer an LSX at that point, you have swapped out half of the motor!!!!!!

That's why I mentioned the S2K motors....bc right out of the box, AS DESIGNED AND SOLD, they are amazingly efficient and well-engineered.

Daily driven
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #110
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
Point taken, but it is no longer an LSX at that point, you have swapped out half of the motor!!!!!!
i hear you man. sr20's are best appreciated in stock form. 170 wheel horsepower is the pinnacle of automotive excellence.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #111
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The LS was designed to be tailored to the car\truck it was going in. It isn't really an apples to apples comparison.

I want to say more but I don't remember all the specifics so I will leave that to an LS aficionado.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #112
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
well if we are comparing the S2000 vs an LS motor. consider this

MPG
S2000 --18 city - 25 highway
2010 Camaro SS-- 16 city - 24 highway
Old 05-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #113
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

How about mpg of those engines in an S chassis.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #114
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
damn i would say the LS would get better
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #115
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
My new project is a duramax diesel s13....
Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #116
Kouki_monstr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Kouki_monstr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Im not ganna read all four pages, but i agree with the thread title...just my opinion tho

97 Kouki- Third times a charm Instagram@Koukimonstrr
Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #117
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
LSX seems to be the new trendy motor. First there was a few now they are all over it seems.. imo. Power wise whats the point? You have so much low down torque you might as well name your LS swapped 240 the sit and spin. Might as well go make friends at the tire shop because you'll be shooting them some nice bank just trying to dd your car. At least with a 4cyl turbo motor you have a little bit of lag to get your car moving before all hell breaks loose.

If i ever here there's no replacement for displacement ever again I'm going to call up all the F1 teams and let them know it's time to pack it in. They've had a good run but the LSX are here.

lol lsx is a great motor.. but most motors are or they wouldn't put them in cars they're going to sell to thousands of people(with few exceptions).

I guess i'm just tired of seeing them in 240's. I'd rather see something new and interesting. One more trick flow manifold in a 240 bay and i'll yak.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #118
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
ineedone

That car is an abomination.

FD is getting to the point where they need a street legal class and an open class.
That car is amazing, it is basically a NASCAR, just tuned for drifting.

However, I do agree FD does need more classes. The big teams are just way to much for the small guys to compete with.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #119
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
My new project is a duramax diesel s13....
that would be...

FUCKING SICK.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #120
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
LSX seems to be the new trendy motor. First there was a few now they are all over it seems.. imo. Power wise whats the point? You have so much low down torque you might as well name your LS swapped 240 the sit and spin. Might as well go make friends at the tire shop because you'll be shooting them some nice bank just trying to dd your car. At least with a 4cyl turbo motor you have a little bit of lag to get your car moving before all hell breaks loose.
probably not if you actually put a tire on the car. not a 215 stretched over a 10 inch wheel
Closed Thread