Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #181
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm just giving you my reaction to what my experience was. I tried twice to take a Woman's studies class and had to drop because of the ridiculous rhetoric from the instructors. I had a similar experience with a black studies teacher so I didn't even sign up for that one.

The physical gray area is larger than people think but socially I have only had a few occasions where I couldn't figure out what the situation was at a glance but I do see your point here.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #182
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I'm just giving you my reaction to what my experience was. I tried twice to take a Woman's studies class and had to drop because of the ridiculous rhetoric from the instructors. I had a similar experience with a black studies teacher so I didn't even sign up for that one.
I give you credit for at least trying. I am sorry that you feel that way in your experience.

For an introductory course the instructor should focus more on helping each student recognise the student's perspective. You have to know where you're coming from first. Then in the later courses you can start dissecting and analyzing why you perceive things the way you do. Then we can start having a true discussion.

I know what you're talking about. I take issues with these self-proclaimed feminists whose purpose is to only alienate everyone else. I take them on every opportunity I get.

Feminism is all-inclusive and welcomes everyone regardless of background. People who persecute you for who you are are not true feminists.

We need more people like you to participate to fix the problem you're talking about.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #183
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sb 10-70

I'm totally against illegal immigration, but i dont think that the SB 1070 is the solution to this issue due to the fact that promotes, enables racial profiling and stereotyping. The SB 1070 enable all police agencies in AZ and State clerks to pretty much become immigration agents and enables also the state to take legal action against them if they dont follow the bill.

After reading your posts and comments i can tell that some of you may be under the wrong assumption, it would be ideal if a police officer check your legal status after being pulled over cuz u have infringed a law. But thats not the case on the SB 1070 states that anybody that "looks suspicious" would have to be requested to provide proof of legal status, " LOOKS SUSPICIOUS " how are they gonna base their facts on the individual that "looks suspicious"?? well they have been instructed to detained all non majority look alike individuals. This is very unconstitutional and illegal.

i believe this great nation is hurting now because of all is going on around i dont argue the fact that we are wanting to eradicate one of our issues, but when you start violating, and bending the constitution that makes you no different than the people the violates our laws to stay here illegally.

I dont wanna be pulled over multiple times because i look different that you do when i have not done anything illegal, i dont wanna be force to provide multiple forms of documents to show that im here legally ( passports etc and all that crap is super expensive if i loose it and it would be awful if those documents get lost and somebody steals my identity) and i dont wanna be taken to jail just cuz i dont have all those documents at once. ( it has happened already, US citizens that look latino have been taken to jail cuz they didnt have 2 or more than 2 forms of documents) i have family that comes to visit me in the US as tourists i dont want my family to be targeted as possible illegal immigrant suspects just because they dont speak English.
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #184
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Ripnbust stfu. People with your mindset are the problem with the world

Exactly. Great example
sure, but i'm taking about people being paid next to nothing to pick strawberries. simple tasks that can easily be mechanized. Cotton picking used to be done under terrible labor conditions, now one guy in an A/C'd cab does the work that countless slaves were forced to do. thats PROGRESSSsssss, not having illegal labor in our economy is also PROGRRRREEEESsssSSss

besides i was never talking about guys who do Deadliest Catch stuff..

could never replace guys like this

ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #185
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm not attacking you so don't take this personal.

You first said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
technology can supplement workers, if people out there really want to argue that we need thousands of people to pick strawberries because nobody in america can develop a better way, well then your opinion of america is so messed up theres no point arguing with you, go read a book
Then you said this:

Quote:
sure, but i'm taking about people being paid next to nothing to pick strawberries. simple tasks that can easily be mechanized.

besides i was never talking about guys who do Deadliest Catch stuff..
I am having problems following your argument.

Are you commenting about simple tasks in general? strawberry picking in particular? all tasks?

It seems like your first statement was talking about strawberry and orange. Your statement was also very open ended because you didn't say that there are tasks that cannot be mechanized.

At best, you said that jobs would be eliminated to be replaced with other jobs. You never actually said that some jobs cannot be eliminated.

Now you say that you're not talking about deadliest catch guys.

I'm having trouble following your logic.

1. What task(s) do you think can be mechanised?

2. What task(s) do you think canNOT be mechanised?

3. If you gave an answer for #2, does this answer contradict with your original statement:

Quote:
if people out there really want to argue that we need thousands of people to pick strawberries because nobody in america can develop a better way, well then your opinion of america is so messed up theres no point arguing with you, go read a book
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #186
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
i respect the fact that you presented sound counters to my last point. you without question put more intelligent thought into your statement than i did in mine. it had the terminator and forest gump quoted in it after all.

my ''deadliest catch'' stuff was reference to the points made about those Louisiana fisherman who use instinct to fish, though thats really different philosophizing about intelligence/whatever/blah blah blah

my core point is... people mistakenly argue that we need this cheap illegal labor or else prices will skyrocket and everything will turn into mayhem. all i really want to submit to this discussion is the notion that "capital investment" (i.e. guys buying or developing new mechanical equipment) serves as a substitute for labor.

from an economic perspective the argument that we need deflated-wage'd jobs outside of labor laws to be an efficient country makes me upset with such ignorance, hence why i mirrored that argument to a hypothetical mid 19th century one on slavery. (obviously that isnt considering varying magnitudes between 'voluntary' illegal labor and slavery).

anyway, off to bed... hope this response is sufficient to present my stance in a moderate and quazi-rational light

basically, we dont need this illegal labor, its presence via lack of law enforcement is what has enabled and forced it to become industry standards.

when that cheap labor no longer exists and every employee is protected by minimum wage laws, then mechanization will compensate for increased labor costs supplementing workers

enough of beating a dead horse, i gotta get to bed and its just diluting my argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
I'm not attacking you so don't take this personal.

You first said this:

Then you said this:

I am having problems following your argument.

Are you commenting about simple tasks in general? strawberry picking in particular? all tasks?

It seems like your first statement was talking about strawberry and orange. Your statement was also very open ended because you didn't say that there are tasks that cannot be mechanized.

At best, you said that jobs would be eliminated to be replaced with other jobs. You never actually said that some jobs cannot be eliminated.

Now you say that you're not talking about deadliest catch guys.

I'm having trouble following your logic.

1. What task(s) do you think can be mechanised?

2. What task(s) do you think canNOT be mechanised?

3. If you gave an answer for #2, does this answer contradict with your original statement:
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #187
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I'm fine with illegals being here. I just don't want to get anything that we pay tax for. So don't pass that AZ but make a new law stating people who do not have proper citizenship don't get medical care or anything of that sort that tax money goes towards. Unless they can pay for it..
iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 AM   #188
high boost hero

high boost hero is an unknown quantity at this point
Make's me feel welcome to move to the states...... suit is black .....pause ...NOT
high boost hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #189
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Shouldn't it be the employer's job to make sure illegals are legal citizens like any other lie on the job application? Just to be clear, illegals don't take jobs from us, employers give them jobs.

I'm all for making it harder for illegal immigrants to enter the country but the stricter you try to be, the harder it is to not be racist.... it seems.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #190
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
The reason why nobody cared in the first place is because nobody wanted to do the low end jobs. So they allowed anyone to come in when times were good to work the service jobs.

..and now that whitey wants his job back, they are wanting to kick out everyone that is working for the past 10 years or so.

I totally agree that if you don't have a passport, you really shouldn't be working in the country, and should gtfo. Spoken from a Canadian Perspective. We have similar problems.

Last edited by Walperstyle; 08-18-2010 at 08:54 AM..
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #191
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^ lol... nice..

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote