Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
there is no god

if you disagree, post here and i'll call you a jackass.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #2
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
i call bullshit!

WWRJD?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #3
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
haha, i don't believe in god, but i do believe in an afterlife. in gumbyland! gumBY!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Old 05-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #5
Aki180sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Aki180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its been said the people that do not believe in god fight him the hardest LOL!

I believe in god because there has never been an explanation that disproves him.
lets face it evolution is a joke and that's the best alternative.

but just for kicks please wise E-hero teach me the error of my god loving ways. lol

I would follow a raptor jesus. Fuck and he skateboards I wonder if he can help me with my dolphin flip I just cant get it down.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #6
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki180sx View Post
I would follow a raptor jesus
no better time to start than now. Raptor Jesus is my hero
Old 05-05-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
Aki180sx
Leaky Injector

Aki180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't know there were so many of these. so funny.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:25 AM   #8
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #9
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
God exists outside the reasons and logic of man.
but... I won't argue, clearly you are trolling since your posting pictures from /b/
Old 05-05-2010, 05:29 AM   #10
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki180sx View Post
I believe in god because there has never been an explanation that disproves him.
Seriously? There are elephants in the Pacific Ocean with 20 ft cocks. Hasn't been disproved yet.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:54 AM   #11
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
umm... the size of the elephant with a 20ft cock would make it larger then a a blue whale. which means we would know about them by now.

try a different analogy.

wait, instead I'll blow your mind

God... Exists outside of religion.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #12
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55h1FO8V_3w

Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Gonna chime in here right quick.

I'm agnostic, leaning toward atheism.
Simply put, that means I don't necessarily believe in any religion, and until I am shown proof, I believe there is no higher power.

Proof is not religious texts, or the words of preachers, or anything that man can produce. Simply saying that 'god's existence can't be disproven' is exactly the same as saying 'god's existence can't be proven'.

I have no beef with religions. I think people are free to believe whatever they like to believe. If you want to believe in jewish zombie carpenters, alien overlords who dump billions of creatures into volcanos, or a team of deities who live on a mountain and occasionally visit earth. Whatever helps you get through the day, I say go hog-wild.

My beef with religions comes mainly from when they're organized, and from proselytizing/missioning. ALL organized religions end up being evil in some way or another. Attempting to convert people to believing in what you do is self-righteous and wrong.

The Roman Catholic Church is essentially responsible for spreading AIDS in Africa and promoting pederasty among its priests.

Christianity has the Crusades, Spanish Catholicism has the Inquisition, etc. I can't really think of any Buddhist or Hindu evildoings, but I can't really say I know a whole hell of a lot about them anyway. Scientology - don't even get me started.

Anyway, if I choose to believe in an invisible fire-breathing dragon that lives in my garage, that's my prerogative, but I need to expect criticism from those who don't believe in my dragon.

God exists in as much as humans do. Once there are no humans left to believe in god, there will be none.

I encourage everyone to read The Demon-Haunted World or, failing that, to at LEAST read this small bit of it.

I'll paste it here for your edification. It was written by Carl Sagan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage"

Suppose (I'm following a group therapy approach by the psychologist Richard Franklin) I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me," you say. I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle -- but no dragon.

"Where's the dragon?" you ask.

"Oh, she's right here," I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon."

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints.

"Good idea," I say, "but this dragon floats in the air."

Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire.

"Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless."

You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible.

"Good idea, but she's an incorporeal dragon and the paint won't stick." And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now, what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so. The only thing you've really learned from my insistence that there's a dragon in my garage is that something funny is going on inside my head. You'd wonder, if no physical tests apply, what convinced me. The possibility that it was a dream or a hallucination would certainly enter your mind. But then, why am I taking it so seriously? Maybe I need help. At the least, maybe I've seriously underestimated human fallibility. Imagine that, despite none of the tests being successful, you wish to be scrupulously open-minded. So you don't outright reject the notion that there's a fire-breathing dragon in my garage. You merely put it on hold. Present evidence is strongly against it, but if a new body of data emerge you're prepared to examine it and see if it convinces you. Surely it's unfair of me to be offended at not being believed; or to criticize you for being stodgy and unimaginative -- merely because you rendered the Scottish verdict of "not proved."

Imagine that things had gone otherwise. The dragon is invisible, all right, but footprints are being made in the flour as you watch. Your infrared detector reads off-scale. The spray paint reveals a jagged crest bobbing in the air before you. No matter how skeptical you might have been about the existence of dragons -- to say nothing about invisible ones -- you must now acknowledge that there's something here, and that in a preliminary way it's consistent with an invisible, fire-breathing dragon.

Now another scenario: Suppose it's not just me. Suppose that several people of your acquaintance, including people who you're pretty sure don't know each other, all tell you that they have dragons in their garages -- but in every case the evidence is maddeningly elusive. All of us admit we're disturbed at being gripped by so odd a conviction so ill-supported by the physical evidence. None of us is a lunatic. We speculate about what it would mean if invisible dragons were really hiding out in garages all over the world, with us humans just catching on. I'd rather it not be true, I tell you. But maybe all those ancient European and Chinese myths about dragons weren't myths at all.

Gratifyingly, some dragon-size footprints in the flour are now reported. But they're never made when a skeptic is looking. An alternative explanation presents itself. On close examination it seems clear that the footprints could have been faked. Another dragon enthusiast shows up with a burnt finger and attributes it to a rare physical manifestation of the dragon's fiery breath. But again, other possibilities exist. We understand that there are other ways to burn fingers besides the breath of invisible dragons. Such "evidence" -- no matter how important the dragon advocates consider it -- is far from compelling. Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
mrmephistopheles

Deleted a great deal of thread-derailing nonsense. Keep the discussion on-topic.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #15
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS BZNS
The average blue whale produces 400 gallons of sperm when it ejaculates
and now you know why the water is so salty...

seriously though, i personally dont believe in any specific god, i respect anyone who does, and dont cause arguments about it

what i hate about it, is some of its follower, nomatter what religion, theres always that nut that thiniks he can talk me into said religion...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 05-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
airforceone451
Zilvia Junkie

airforceone451 will become famous soon enoughairforceone451 will become famous soon enoughairforceone451 will become famous soon enoughairforceone451 will become famous soon enoughairforceone451 will become famous soon enough
I just wanted to contribute this picture because it's funny:

Old 05-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
i dont have a religion but i have faith in a higher power.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
jesus was a manwhore......
Old 05-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
I believe in God. My belief doesn't take away from the quality of my life, it is MY belief that it has in many ways made things better for me. So I honestly don't see a reason not to believe.
Could it be that some of you who don't believe have problem with Jesus's self proclaimed fan club and not so much the concept of a man who live his life for others and pay the ultimate price to save those same people even though they hated him? sounds like a swell guy (noticed how I in no way said he was "God")
Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #20
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
None of you exist. All I know of you is the text in this forum.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #21
Drift N Dragg
Username Monster!

Trader Rating: (14)
Drift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud ofDrift N Dragg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Gonna chime in here right quick.
Carl Sagan.
So your a Saganist?

2015 Subaru STI
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
A Ton of Projects
Old 05-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #22
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
its been proven no god exist!!!! havent u seen the simpsons??? homer has a formula
YouTube - The Simpsons expose Christian liars and hypocrites
Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #23
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Im completely apathetic (apatheism?).
Whether or not god exists isnt going to change my life realistically.
That is not the same as atheism or agnostism.
Im too lazy even for that.

If i had to be religious though,
id probably opt bieng a hindu because it sounds cool.
The idea of being some swindler/slacker swami for retirement doesnt sound too bad.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #24
DeathMetal
Zilvia Member

DeathMetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Im completely apathetic (apatheism?).
Whether or not god exists isnt going to change my life realistically.
That is not the same as atheism or agnostism.
Im too lazy even for that.
Agnosticism
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #25
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
IMO the bible is no more than a really old, over published "morals for idiots".
Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #26
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Too early in the morning for perfect spelling/grammar!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #27
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift N Dragg View Post
So your a Saganist?
HAIL SAGAN!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My god's better than your god...
Old 05-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #29
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I am an atheist first of all. However I have always been interested in this kind of thing and I've been reading Philosophy for years now.

One thing that most people don't quite grasp whom say god does not exist is logic. Logic can give us a million arguments for why god does NOT exist, however for every million argument against the existence of god there are a million FOR the existence of god.

I am not talking about a god of almost all religions. God can be considered whatever is the meaning or cause of our existence. God does not have to be intelligent, benevolent, or omniscient. IF you step back away from the idea of a "creator" and just take the word god to mean who's responsible for our existence, you can sit here and give a million arguments for why this is feasible.

The only thing that people who support the non-existence of god can argue is to apply the technique of Ockham's razor which is to settle on the SIMPLEST argument. I.E. the theory of intelligent design creationism relies on the ideas of supernatural forces whereas the theory of evolution does not and is in alignment with our actual reality.

Side: Funny story- The other day I was talking to my grandmother about science and space and what not. My brother was sitting right next to me and I started to talk about the big bang and he chimes in and says the big bang is a bunch of bullshit (him being the religious sheltered child that he is or his complete daftness came to surface) and I just straight up laughed at him. The fact of the matter is that this is the mentality of most christian followers. I did not want to tell him that the Vatican recognizes the big bang as Science FACT and that the "theory" has been proven for over 30 years now in fear of popping his poor little bubble.

IF you accept the existence of black-holes in outer space than you accept that the universe began from a singularity also.

God or no God, humans are still far too ignorant to have any kind of really good understanding of our existence.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Closed Thread