Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #571
imnotniko
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
imnotniko is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
quick question i'm not sure of.

i got a Apexi power fc L-jetro ecu in my car with a gt2871r. i'm running 19lbs of boost right now.. i would like to some how run a high boost setting and low boost setting so i'm not dailying my car on 19lbs of boost. how would i go about doing this. i also have a manual boost controller.
imnotniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #572
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
if you dont floor it every where you are going then your car will never reach 19lbs. drive like a normal person when you DD your shit and you wont even have to worry about a different setup.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #573
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bobble View Post
What kind of solutions do i have to have my exhaust hang a bit higher off the ground so it does not scrape when I'm switching lanes even. It's a new exhaust and I don't want it to go straight to junk. I heard new hangers? Anybody have a link or some info?
you could try and put hose clamps around the hangers that you have right now and just keep tightening them down to raise your exhaust up some. not sure if it will give you the clearance you want but it's easy to do so it's worth a shot IMO.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #574
Mr.Bobble
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Mr.Bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
you could try and put hose clamps around the hangers that you have right now and just keep tightening them down to raise your exhaust up some. not sure if it will give you the clearance you want but it's easy to do so it's worth a shot IMO.

Thanks! I read up earlier about that.. so like a radiator hose size hose clamp I assume? as long as I can clear switching lanes without seeing sparks fly in my mirror i'm fine lol. Might do the job. Any other ideas? Maybe like a solid frame bracket eh?
Mr.Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #575
Sterlz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sterlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What size AN fittings fit on the blow-by ports on an S13 SR20 cam cover?
Sterlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #576
imnotniko
Zilvia Junkie

imnotniko is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
if you dont floor it every where you are going then your car will never reach 19lbs. drive like a normal person when you DD your shit and you wont even have to worry about a different setup.

good point. i think i wanna set my boost at 15lbs. that'll be around 300 hp with my setup i think.
imnotniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #577
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
does anyone know where i can buy some megan coilover wrenches?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #578
240sxenthusiast

Trader Rating: (0)
240sxenthusiast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did a compression test on the kade. car was warmed up,WOT, and the compression numbers came out to, 95psi in each cylinder....is this even possible? runs and drives good, i drive it everyday....184kmiles.
240sxenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #579
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
What is the issue? That sounds l bit low but since they are even that should indicate even wear. Id say drive it till it dies, but don't turbo it.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #580
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bobble View Post
Thanks! I read up earlier about that.. so like a radiator hose size hose clamp I assume? as long as I can clear switching lanes without seeing sparks fly in my mirror i'm fine lol. Might do the job. Any other ideas? Maybe like a solid frame bracket eh?
If the hose clamps dont work then you just need to get a new exhaust that has better clearance.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #581
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefc View Post
What would be the best way about keeping a KA(DE) running cool durring summer months? drifting would be involved.
would altima fans cut it? Aftermarket radiator? or is the radiator over kill?
Stock setup will work just fine.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #582
wisDOMination
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideitsideways View Post
Question: Are all s13 engine bay wire harnesses (harness containing fuse/relay boxes located in engine bay) the same, or do they differ from 89-90 and 91-94.
If they are different from each other, what are the differences between the 2?
Thanks in advance
Anyone?
message length
wisDOMination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #583
93superHICAS
Zilvia Member

93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice93superHICAS is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 93superHICAS Send a message via Yahoo to 93superHICAS
whats this new thing that everybody wants to put a s14 subframe in there s13?
whats the advantage?
stronger?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #584
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
Retarded question, but I cant seem to figure this out: I have a Nardi wheel with an HKB hub on my S13, how do I get the horn to work? I tried and tested everything with a volt meter even to check for continuity. No results. I have had a couple different Grant wheels on previously and they all worked with a two wire setup. How do I make this horn blow with a one wire horn button? The metal ring on the hub is definitely contacting the brass pin on the car. I had only disconnected the horn connector when and messing with this stuff and could hear the relay click before. Did I burn out the relay? Ive searched this everywhere and could never find anything solid. Any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #585
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Renelovesnike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Ok quick question?? one of the couplers in the intercooler piping came loose and showed that there was water in the intercooler/piping!! is this a simple remove all piping and dry it with a hair dryer/ im thinking the water was in there cuzz it just rained!! can there be another reason y water is in the piping?
Renelovesnike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #586
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
does it look like the "water" in your engine?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #587
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

^ u mean antifreeze/coolant? NO its just regular water!! =D i just want to make shure its nothing more major than water getting sucked in by the intercooler! =D
Old 02-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #588
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
well did it rain/did u drive it in rain while the piping was loose? if so thats your problem. no other way for water to get in the intercooler system
Old 02-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #589
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

^ Thank you =D i figured!! just wanted to make shure it was nothing else!!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #590
Renelovesnike
Nissanaholic!

ok im having some trouble!!! so im finishing up my 5 spd swp and i droped in the shifter, and the c ring falls right in with the top plastic that goes ontop/round the bigg ball, is it suposed to be able to fall right in? its not locking onto the wall!! also even if it did lock onto the wall i would have about a mm or 2 of up and down play!! is there a stock washer/spacer that im missing?? is the c clamp too small?? btw i have two stosk shifters with both the exact same components!! and c clamps exactly the same! so im lost!! =(
Old 02-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #591
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
i've been fighting this fucking seized coilover for the past 3 fucking days. The bottom mounting point wont rotate anymore. I've let it soak for 2 days with pb blaster, hit it with a hammer, heated it up, put it in a vice. That fucker wont come loose. Any ideas?
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #592
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've got a s13 with z brakes on it. [with a blown motor, car has been sitting for a while] When I depress the brake pedal the car doesnt slow it doesnt even move the pedal that much.
Are the brakes shit?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #593
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
I've got a s13 with z brakes on it. [with a blown motor, car has been sitting for a while] When I depress the brake pedal the car doesnt slow it doesnt even move the pedal that much.
Are the brakes shit?
No. That is pretty normal for a car that isn't running. The brake pedal won't apply much pressure and will be pretty stiff feeling. Of course, there could be other issues. However, the brakes work off the engine's vacuum through the brake booster, so no vacuum = brakes no worky.

I usually used my e-brake to stop my car when it wasn't running, and we wanted to roll it around.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #594
kouki fanatic
Zilvia Junkie

kouki fanatic is an unknown quantity at this point
please excuse me for being a dumb noob, but do s14's have timing belts? and around how many miles do we change them?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #595
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki fanatic View Post
please excuse me for being a dumb noob, but do s14's have timing belts? and around how many miles do we change them?
No, not a belt but a timing Chain. they do need to be eventually replaced but i have seen them last for 200K or so wit very minimal stretch. usually the tensioner will begin sticking and wont provide proper tension, before the chain needs replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #596
jdm styles

jdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enough
how to do this to your rear lights

jdm styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #597
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm styles View Post

buy them on ebay
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #598
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:

i forgot where i saw it,

but you get some stuff from homedepot and cut it out then you cut out your own amber ones and trim the clear piece and and get some amber bulbs and your set.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 PM   #599
P_856
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
P_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really niceP_856 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/182767...il-lights.html
P_856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #600
Mr.Bobble
Zilvia Member

Mr.Bobble is an unknown quantity at this point
What can I use as replacement studs in my project kics spacers?
Mr.Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote