Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #121
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
zilvia needs a new feature, this feature will be even more useful than rep was.

its like those + and - buttons on random sites. its purpose, enough - votes make stupid ass annoying comments fainter.

zilvias equivalent should be something that flat-out bans a poster from the thread in which hes received enough negative votes.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

why is this on topic?

because morons like Sleepy240 are simply playing devils advocate. its annoying to see an interesting thread topic littered with stupid ass HOA counterarguments by one poster

the comment of him being that moron in a lecture raising his hand to argue with professors is spot on, though this context is far more annoying.

sleepy240, you've added your opinion more than enough in this thread to convey what your 'perspective' is. you can shut up now.

there are two sides to this argument. pro-MOH veteran and pro-HOA.

a majority of the posters here are in favor of the veteran, but a disproprtionate amount of postings are from one person who isnt. this thread isnt about learning about the virtues of a HOA, its about right and wrong and whither or not a 90 year old war hero should have to put up with a bunch of overzealous go-getting neighbors and their mercenaries (lawyers) during his waning hours.

this guys fought enough battles, let the guy fly a freaking flag. the subjective opinion of some HOA assholes shouldnt matter

sleepy240, as previously recommended, go back to college and start arguing with professors again, your peers here on zilvia are sick of hearing your opinion, youve stated it, we get it. go read a book.
ranger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #122
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/loud-noises/2742...our-peril.html
Old 12-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #123
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
@ Ranger240 - I haven't posted in this thread in nearly 3 days and now you feel the need to add your two cents. I really don't care what you think, just because my opinion might not be the "popular" one doesn't make it any less valid. And just so you know I went to college, graduated with a degree, so I don't really see a reason to go back there. You think I don't get tired of hearing other peoples arguments time and time again? Doesn't mean I'm going to get all upset about it, although obviously you have thin skin.

And as an FYI your + and - system is EXACTLY like rep. As a matter of fact its worse than rep, so you can count on that system never being implemented as it simply would be abused.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #124
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
The flagpole removal deadline was pushed back to Dec. 11. Looks like will have to wait a little longer to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
zilvias equivalent should be something that flat-out bans a poster from the thread in which hes received enough negative votes.
Are you saying that we should restrict someone's opinion if it is deemed unpopular? From what you are telling me that's it's OK to have an opinion, just as long it mirrors everyone elses.
Dangerous stuff.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #125
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
rules aside, it seems this has gotten a lot of controversy as of late.
it can't be good PR for the hoa overall.

will be interesting to see how this plays out.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #126
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Now, kinda 3rd party perspective time, since I have lived on or near military installations for over a fifth century now lol. Damn that makes it sound like im old.

I would feel honored to live next to any veteran, let alone a MOH recipient. I love my country and my flag, and I would not have any problem at all with a 90 year old man, who fought for our country against the evil of the third reich, having a 20 foot flag pole with the American flag waving every day. That kind of shit would be inspiring. It wouldn't dissuade me from purchasing a house next to his in a HOA, it would be incentive. Now, I don't really see why the HOA is getting its panties all in a bunch. A flag pole isnt something one would usually call an eye sore. I really wouldn't want to meet the person who says "I love the house, but the old guy's flag pole is just a bother."
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #127
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
Now, kinda 3rd party perspective time, since I have lived on or near military installations for over a fifth century now lol. Damn that makes it sound like im old.

I would feel honored to live next to any veteran, let alone a MOH recipient. I love my country and my flag, and I would not have any problem at all with a 90 year old man, who fought for our country against the evil of the third reich, having a 20 foot flag pole with the American flag waving every day. That kind of shit would be inspiring. It wouldn't dissuade me from purchasing a house next to his in a HOA, it would be incentive. Now, I don't really see why the HOA is getting its panties all in a bunch. A flag pole isnt something one would usually call an eye sore. I really wouldn't want to meet the person who says "I love the house, but the old guy's flag pole is just a bother."
or better yet...I dont want to buy this house...because the MOH guy that gave me all my freedoms in THIS country has THIS country's flag raised in his yard. I think I shall just buy a house in the middle east...where 118 people were recently killed in a car bomb. that's where I want to move.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34322986...ica/?gt1=43001

and getting banned for an opinion...haha half of zilvia users would be gone.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #128
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
well you know how politically correct things can be these days.
it's not unthinkable some would consider the flag (or flag pole) to be offensive.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #129
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
I've been saying for years now political correction is going to ruin this country. Not so much on here, but just in general.

I try to use my freedoms to their fullest potential. And I love it.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #130
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^^^
you've got that right.

Everybody is being such a (insert real mean word here) these days.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #131
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Maybe the flag is huge and the entire neighborhood is in darkness because of it.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #132
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!!

Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I'm late on this but I have just read all the info.....I mean why is it wrong for any American to display or show their loyalty to their country that they love and care about so much hell even fought for in this matter. Let the veteran raise his flag he has every damn right too!!!
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #133
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
the "problem" is that asshole HOA people want to have the FLAGPOLE taken out.

So, it's still a FUCK YOU to the guy, but they are trying to make it a classy fuck you.

Boooooooooo the HOA.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #134
IMPORTIMAGE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (78)
IMPORTIMAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 78 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IMPORTIMAGE
**UPDATE**

He can raise the flag!!!

Lawsuit is being dropped.

Click here for story

Regards,
[email protected]
IMPORTIMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #135
Brian
Post Whore!

On another front today, U.S. Rep. Eric I. Cantor, R-7th. introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives resolving that any recipient of the Medal of Honor be permitted to "properly display" the flag from the recipient's property.

GOOD. I like this.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #136
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
That's great news.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #137
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE View Post
**UPDATE**

He can raise the flag!!!

Lawsuit is being dropped.

Click here for story

Regards,
[email protected]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
On another front today, U.S. Rep. Eric I. Cantor, R-7th. introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives resolving that any recipient of the Medal of Honor be permitted to "properly display" the flag from the recipient's property.

GOOD. I like this.
At least there are some dicks up on the hill who still have a little heart left.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #138
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Heart my ass, lol.
More like being an opportunist, if anything.
Publicity like that wins votes when elections come.

Still, a good deed should be appreciated regardless of the agenda.
Laws are good for nothing if they aren't flexible enough to make worthy exceptions.
(such is the case).
Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #139
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This is completely outrageous.

I cannot even begin to fathom this level of stupidity and disrespect on the part of the Home Owners Association.

Fuck your Home Owners Association!
Exactly how I feel.

It's bullshit.

EDIT: The guy should ask his local base to have a flag ceremony at his house every week and say fuck you HOA.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #140
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
this gentleman gets the taste of victory once again!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #141
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Having lived in a few places with HOA's, they tend to be a bit rediculous. In one of mine you can only park on one side of the street. Understandable because they were somewhat narrow, but still a bit much.

In another one I couldn't have my car parked in my driveway for longer than 2 days. It either had to be in the garage or moved in that 2 day timeframe.

And another one... I couldn't work on my vehicle in my own garage, couldn't have a vehicle on my property that wasn't currently registered, and if the vehicle wasn't driven, it still had to be washed.

I don't like HOA, some are worse than others however. Although if I could find one with less strict rules, in a decent location, and I could actually choose the color of my house... I wouldn't mind.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #142
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Wohoo! Glad to hear he won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #143
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
he should keep it up people are such p.o.s these days just like throwing some ww2 veterans ashes and medals in to a dump he had 5 medals and tons of awards it happend in fl like a week ago
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #144
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
the rest of the home owners in his area just are not patriotic. so much so they don't want to be reminded what it means to be patriotic. If I lived in the neighborhood I'd erect a flag pole just as big as his.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #145
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!!

Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is an unknown quantity at this point
That is awsome news....hell yea!!!
Gah....It's Too LOUD!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #146
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Just got to this part of the thread and just.....WOW.

I don't live currently in an HOA community but I have a house in Las Vegas which does. They are some of the worst and inconsiderate people I have ever met. We have went through 4 different HOA companies since I've bought that house new in 2005. I definitely understand how an HOA is ran and operated. I have had many encounters with them with my lawyers for some of the most ludicrous things.

I am glad Mr. Barfoot has won. Just like some people here have said that people who does not live in an HOA does not understand. This in turn is the same as people who has not lived or know people in the military also do not understand the RESPECT this man deserves. I salute this man for fighting the HOA.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #147
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats so effed! a man of 3 wars should have the right to have that flag he so proudly fought to defend.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #148
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:

GOOD. I like this.
Why should somebody have to get a medal of honor in order to "properly display" the flag?
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #149
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Holy christ, this thread blows.

He fought in three wars? So what? He has a Medal of Honor? So what? It means nothing when dealing with the actual problem. Look at it rationally, and not like some uber-patriotic mental defective.

I'm going to side with the unpopulars and just say it: If he's an HOA member willingly, he must abide by their rulings. If they're useless shits, he has to deal with it. It doesn't matter if he's a baby-killing meth head or Jesus incarnate; he is bound by those rulings regardless of whether or not they make sense.

His service, and its validity, is not and never was in question nor scrutiny. The flag's value to him should not and cannot be taken into account.

I fly my flags tattered and upside down.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #150
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:

GOOD. I like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
At least there are some dicks up on the hill who still have a little heart left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Heart my ass, lol.
More like being an opportunist, if anything.
Publicity like that wins votes when elections come.
have a little faith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Holy christ, this thread blows.

He fought in three wars? So what? He has a Medal of Honor? So what? It means nothing when dealing with the actual problem. Look at it rationally, and not like some uber-patriotic mental defective.

I'm going to side with the unpopulars and just say it: If he's an HOA member willingly, he must abide by their rulings. If they're useless shits, he has to deal with it. It doesn't matter if he's a baby-killing meth head or Jesus incarnate; he is bound by those rulings regardless of whether or not they make sense.
No One cares, ur side lost...GTFO...lol

FUCK HOA...

congrats to the man Barfoot...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote