Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #31
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
HOA are a real pain, in our old neighborhood we got a letter that if we didnt clean the driveway we were gonna be fined repeadetly until it happened. They also told my mom she had to apply for a permit to replace the dead plants in the front yard....
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Then you end up with a bench warrant, and eventually being arrested if you choose not to show up and/or pay
All from a HOA...unbelievable. I'll stick to dealing with a township lol.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #33
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think the fact that he IS a veteran.... and QUITE a veteran at that, makes this story ALL the more important.
Nope I completely disagree, just because somebody is a veteran does not give them any kind of special rights. Should we allow him to break any other rules while we are at it?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #34
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc4usmc View Post
If I understand correctly, there is no rule that states he cant have the pole. After it was up, they decided it wasn't pretty so they want him to take it down.
Supposedly it was on the grounds that it wasn't 'aesthetically pleasing'.
which pretty much means they can say whatever they want, regardless of rules.

HOA's are pretty much Nazis everywhere.
If there was some clear rule that was broken, then I would be more tempted to side with the HOA.
However, I don't think it's right to make up the rules as you go along.
That's just bullying.
It's not like it's easy to sell your house and move.

I hope a legal battle ensues, and the guy wins.
It not right that HOAs can push ppl around this way.

There is no provision in the community's rules expressly forbidding flagpoles, Barfoot's daughter said. But she said the board ruled against her father's fixture and ordered it removed in July, deciding that free-standing flag poles are not aesthetically appropriate. Short flag stands attached to porches dot the community.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #35
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Nope I completely disagree, just because somebody is a veteran does not give them any kind of special rights. Should we allow him to break any other rules while we are at it?
Don't confuse rights with respect

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #36
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Sleepy240 - Not going to argue with you anymore.
You're not wrong with what you're saying, but Jesus Christ, people who think like you really worry me. :/

Bottom line, for people to tell a veteran of multiple wars that he cannot choose how to display the American flag, is one of the most messed up things I have ever heard of. This man spent years of his life to ensure freedom for ALL Americans, including those who haven't even been born yet, is being denied the opportunity to display the American flag how he wants. How freaking disgraceful and disrespectful can people be? He probably saw friends and fellow Americans DIE right next to him, and now people in his HOA are telling him he cannot have a flag pole with the American flag.

I hope this HOA gets 2 tons of mail telling them how ridiculous they are being.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #37
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Supposedly it was on the grounds that it wasn't 'aesthetically pleasing'.
which pretty much means they can say whatever they want, regardless of rules.

HOA's are pretty much Nazis everywhere.
Exactly, HOA's play it by ear and make their own rules. That is why its easier just not to live in those areas. Although they tend to be MUCH nicer areas since all the homes are well taken care of. It is without a doubt more aesthetically pleasing. The development I live in has an HOA and it makes for a wonderful area, I plan on living raising a family here with that being one of the reasons.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #38
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

That is the point Brian is trying to get across, hes confusing RESPECT with RIGHTS. The veteran has all my respect, but that doesn't make his rights any different than mine.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #39
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Don't confuse rights with respect
If I was Sleepy240, this is what I would say to that:

Veterans do not deserve any more respect that anyone else.

Quote:
You're not wrong with what you're saying, but Jesus Christ, people who think like you really worry me. :/
Looks like people missed my other post soooo

Crap, forgot about this.

Read The Bill: H.R. 42 [109th] - GovTrack.us

Quote:
A condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent a member of the association from displaying the flag of the United States on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #40
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sleepy240 - Not going to argue with you anymore.
It's always easier to post like a hardass on Zilvia, than a human being. Duh.

I'm with ya Brian, there's a certain degree of respect we should all have for guys of his military accreditation. For the HOA to do this to the MOH winner, regardless of the community bylaws, is plain disrepectful.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #41
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
cc4usmc - Didn't miss it. Saw it and read it. I'm in favor of the Veteran in case you didn't know.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #42
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
It's always easier to post like a hardass on Zilvia, than a human being. Duh.

I'm with ya Brian, there's a certain degree of respect we should all have for guys of his military accreditation. For the HOA to do this to the MOH winner, regardless of the community bylaws, is plain disrepectful.
If you bend for one person, the rest will expect you to bend for them also. And that defeats the whole purpose of the HOA for a community. So what if the guy next to him is Korean and to display a North Korean flag? Or he has some Arabians across the street who want to display their nations flags?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
That is the point Brian is trying to get across, hes confusing RESPECT with RIGHTS. The veteran has all my respect, but that doesn't make his rights any different than mine.
It's a flag pole. A simple flag pole

It's not like the guy was picked up in West Reading for selling meth and we think the community should grant a reprieve ya know?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #44
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Quote:
cc4usmc - Didn't miss it. Saw it and read it. I'm in favor of the Veteran in case you didn't know.
I know, I've just noticed that a certain someone keeps posting like they haven't seen it.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #45
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Personally I wish he could display the flag, but like I said he WILL LOSE. Hes under the same guidelines as anybody else.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #46
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Personally I wish he could display the flag, but like I said he WILL LOSE. Hes under the same guidelines as anybody else.
See Brian, he hasn't seen it.

And I'm suurrrrreeee you wish he could display it.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #47
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

And I'm suurrrrreeee you wish he could display it.
Yes I have seen what you posted... I do.

The problem is way to many of you guys live in a Fantasy World. Welcome to real world, things aren't always fair and definitely aren't always right
Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #48
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
My only sentiments are this: There are many situations in life where rules are meant to be broken (heck, even look at the concept of the living constitution). I believe in this situation it would be wiser for the HOA to look past the rules they have put into place, and grant the the exception for this particular gentleman. Obviously life isn't fair, but three is more to this situation than simply abiding by the HOA guidelines. Again, it's not like he's raising cattle on his front lawn, or growing pot out back....

Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #49
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
I see what you mean. lol
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #50
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes I have seen what you posted... I do.

The problem is way to many of you guys live in a Fantasy World. Welcome to real world, things aren't always fair and definitely aren't always right
Which is why i'd be a proponent of this guy saying 'sit on it' to the HOA and doing as he wishes, knowing Federal law is on his side.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #51
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Fantasy world eh? The only reason why it a "Fantasy World" is because of people like you.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #52
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Also to cc4usmc if you would reread what you have copy and pasted from Read The Bill: H.R. 42 [109th] - GovTrack.us. The HOA is allowing him to display the flag like everyone else via a porch post. All they are in effect is denying his free standing flag pole which they are in perfect right to do so. Perhaps you should have read what you posted
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #53
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Somebody should call up those bikers who defended funerals of fallen soldiers from that "god-hates-fags" church. Have them ride their bikes around the neighborhood until the HOA gives up.

And Sleepy240, it's not a law or even a rule that the HOA has in place, its a person's opinion of what doesn't look asthetically pleasing. I would argue that that rule is to keep crap from accumulating in a person's yard, not to single out a person with a flagpole.

Quote:
All they are in effect is denying his free standing flag pole which they are in perfect right to do so. Perhaps you should have read what you posted
The way I understood the bill, they cannot discriminate based on how the flag is flown as long as it's being flown on a privately owned tract of land.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #54
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
These guys fight against big scary communism, and back home they are told what they can and can't do on their 'own' land. Ironic.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #55
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Also to cc4usmc if you would reread what you have copy and pasted from Read The Bill: H.R. 42 [109th] - GovTrack.us. The HOA is allowing him to display the flag like everyone else via a porch post. All they are in effect is denying his free standing flag pole which they are in perfect right to do so. Perhaps you should have read what you posted
You remind me of the little dweebs who would sit in lectures and argue with professors over correct punctuation use in a hand out for the entire session...

Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #56
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Perhaps you should read where I posted that there was no ruling stating the flag poles weren't allowed. After he put it up they ruled it wasn't pretty so now they want him to take it down.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #57
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Perhaps you should read where I posted that there was no ruling stating the flag poles weren't allowed. They want him to take it down because it's not pretty.
Which just so happens to be 100% within the power of a HOA?

I guess the ultimate thing is if he doesn't like the HOA's rules and powers MOVE problem solved, nobody is forcing him to stay there
Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #58
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Which just so happens to be 100% within the power of a HOA?
Not according to that law, unless you're telling me that law says the HOA has the right to tell someone how they are limited to displaying the flag. Which, in my opinion, would defeat the purpose of the law.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #59
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Not according to that law, unless you're telling me that law says the HOA has the right to tell someone how they are limited to displaying the flag. Which, in my opinion, would defeat the purpose of the law.
Taken from the HOA website
...Unlike a municipal government, homeowner association governance is not subject to the constitutional constraints that public government must abide by...

So yes it does defeat the purpose of said law
Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #60
Brian
Post Whore!

I wonder if those people in charge of the HOA have ever done anything good for this country.
...probably not.