Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
got2b240

Trader Rating: (0)
got2b240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Please can you help me? Only 1 cylinder sparking

Are you guys able to please help me? I need to get this car to run this weekend so I can get to work monday. I am an idiot for using this car as my daily cause i cannot afford insurance for multiple cars, and I didnt want to purchase another vehicle.l
Here is the best layout of what I have and what I have checked, can somone please help me with this
-I have swapped a blacktop into a 91 hatch

-I am working with a full uncut harness

-I am running an E6 ecu

-I have wired it up EXACTLY how HT said to do it on their website.

-I have converted it to Manual, I jumpered that 2 wire switch to get the car to crank, and I removed the green Ignition Capture box for the ignition key soleniod.

- I am using the SR tranny harness and I spliced it in with the plug on the fuse box by matching up the colors. All except the neutral and the backup light wires are connected.

-Coilpacks work cause I tested them all on the number 1 Harness Plug and they sparked.

-The only coil harness plug that sparks any coilpack is the no. 1 cylinder

-The other three will not spark any good coilpack

-Connected all grounds that seem obvious, such as the batter tray to the battery and the intake manifold, and the 2 in the back of the cylinder head (one to the firewall and one for the coilpacks), and the 2 from the injector harness that bolt onto the intake manifold, and the one on the strut tower that came from the main harness

-All 4 coil harness plugs are getting voltage to the middle wire on each individual plug with the ignition on.

-My ignitor chip works and fires up my friend's SR powered 240sx when I replace his with mine.

-Ecu lights up when I turn the key to the "on" position (before start position)

-Ecu reads code 55, which i believe it means system hasnt detected any errors.

-Ecu connector is tightened down well and wires on the harness visible appear to be in good condition.

-I can connect everything up and make it ready to start, but obviously the engine only runs on 1 cylinder.

-Ignitor chip does get warm to the touch when I crank her over for more than 10 seconds.

-After trying all of this I took the cover off the ecu to look for fried resistors or diodes, and so far its clean on both sides of the board. But Im sure that a fried chip shows no visible damage so im sure its possilbe maybe?

Only thing I didnt try was to swap ECU's with my friends car (because he doesnt wana touch his wiring at all because he is paraniod something will get messed up, its bad enough I had to beg him to do the ignitor chip).

Can it be a bad ecu? I purchased it from Motorworks here in Westbury, NY

Please can somone help me? Can any of you think of anything possible?

I have tried everything that I can imagine!
got2b240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
maverick27
Zilvia Addict

maverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymoremaverick27 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to maverick27
you probably have the wrong ecu..I had the same problem..turned out that i had a Fwd ecu. The Fwd ecu runs with a distributor, while the Rwd one runs on a coil pack. Thats why only one plug is firing
maverick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
got2b240

got2b240 is an unknown quantity at this point
nope turns out that I have a Kouki S13 blacktop with the corresponding harness, which has only 1 of the ignitor wires in the right spot on the ecu plug. I had to re-configure all of the wires to get this puppy to start.
got2b240 is offline   Reply With Quote