Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #11191
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
What's the power plant in that thing? I hope it's the same as the Stinger...
Only the 2.0t is available in the stick, so just like the ATS.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #11192
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
It reminds me of a G37 with Maserati headlights. I can dig it.

Do we know anything new in terms of a 2-door coupe from Kia? Didn't they have something brewing a couple years ago?
Old 03-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #11193
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post

Do we know anything new in terms of a 2-door coupe from Kia? Didn't they have something brewing a couple years ago?
Nothing on the horizon currently.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #11194
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post

You're thinking about the GT4 Stinger. I left a message on one of their FB ads about it with a bigass picture of the GT4 and they actually responded to me...lol

But it was just to let me know that the 4 door Stinger is currently available for purchase and there were no coupe plans at the moment.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #11195
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.kia.com/eu/future/gt4_stinger/
Old 03-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #11196
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Yep. There it is. Positioned as a BRZ/86 fighter, all the speculation said it should have had similar price and weight. But with the Genesis Coupe's 274hp 2.0t beefed up with direct injection, it was rumored to be pushing 315hp.

A 2800lbs RWD 4 seater coupe with 315hp, built out of the Genesis Coupe's parts bin for under $30k. No one would be talking about the Mustang if Kia released that thing...smh

Love this shot...
Old 03-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #11197
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Saw that car in person. I just love what Hyundai and Kia stand for. Sucks it did t make it as the dope coupe it should have been, but to take on the Germans with the RWD/AWD sedan/hatch they produced is pretty awesome.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #11198
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hyundai and Kia have been consistently upgrading and improving their quality in materials, tolerances and longevity. They are no longer the shit boxes of 20yrs ago. They aren't the 'best' but, when you compare to someone like GM or FCA they are as good or better at a much better cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Saw that car in person. I just love what Hyundai and Kia stand for. Sucks it did t make it as the dope coupe it should have been, but to take on the Germans with the RWD/AWD sedan/hatch they produced is pretty awesome.
Yeah, the new N cars are sweet
Old 03-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #11199
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

THIS is the biggest bs I’ve ever heard.

https://jalopnik.com/toyota-engineer...1823700286/amp

They won’t put in a turbo because it would offset the balance of the car enough to have to do a new platform??? Come on.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #11200
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
its easier just to ignore the fact that we will most likely never relive the glory days of compact RWD sports cars with 4 pot turbos like we grew up with than it is to hope and expect one day car manufacturers will listen to a small group of us and give us something to look forward to...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #11201
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
What the fuck. Add a "turbo upgrade + bag of rocks in the trunk" package. Done. But wow "BS" is an understatement haha.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #11202
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Another rumor on a Nissan sport coupe: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...build-a-new-z/
Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #11203
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Saw that and didn’t have time to post.

God these sports car collaborations are just turning out to be very bad ideas. A Nissan/MB one would no doubt be the most disappointing of them all.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:24 PM   #11204
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Nissan’s Chief Planning Officer, Philipe Klein, noted*in January*that “there is a lot of passion people [have for] this vehicle, but [the Z] is in a segment that is gradually declining, so that is making the [business] case more difficult.”

Wouldn't have anything to do with the current Z platform being long in the tooth, right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #11205
simmode1
Post Whore!

Hey guys switching gears here for a sec... Seeing as how this thread started out about the 240sx Successor or other cheap as shit RWD coupe alternatives...

I saw one of these lowered looking just right on the highway last night and I'm wondering why we're not talking about them more. They're cheap as shit right now...

The NC. The Miata no one talks about. Wheels already 5x114.3 Factory 17's. 18's work nicely.

Plus they got this 2.5L swap thing going on...
https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=522719

Old 03-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #11206
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Looks good but I really wish this extreme negative camber shit would go away already.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #11207
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^But what are everyone's thoughts on the chassis though? I mean, I'm seeing rough ones for under $5k. About the same price as mid tier NB's. I think I'm seeing some potential here. If you're looking to spend like $6k on a newer cheapie toy RWD coupe, you're not just stuck with 350Z/G35, RX8 or Rustang... Been reading up on the NC all morning and it's been a revelation. The answer is always Miata, or so they say.

Available in 5 or 6spd weighing 2450lbs at most, might be a good alternative to an FRS if the budget is tight.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #11208
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I like the hard top versions of those. Just can’t do a two seater.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #11209
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hell people still sleep on the NB miata too.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #11210
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I like the hard top versions of those. Just can’t do a two seater.
I can understand. I'm at the point that I want my toy car to have as little utility as I can afford. I don't want room for 4. I want something just for me, my little slice of peace away from screaming kids...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I was all over the NB, being a cheap fuck. Never thought twice about the NC until I saw a white one just like the one I posted above with a sexy, but still functional stance carving up the highway yesterday. Can't believe I didn't consider it earlier. Plus, looks like their 2.5L swap looks pretty straight forward and inexpensive, swap some interchangeable parts over and bolts right in with the factory mounts as far as I can tell. 210hp & 210ft/lbs in N/A form with some bolt ons and ppl are throwing EFRs on them. That's gotta be a riot.

Plus... fastback kits. A lot less polarizing than the ND, IMO.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #11211
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I wonder why the NC didn't have as much of an internet presence during it's release and while it was available as the new ND seems to have now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #11212
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^Minus the GT wing that is hot.

Quote:
2.5 long black should be obtained from a 2009+ Mazda 3, 6, Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, or nearly ANY 4 cylinder duratec 2009+ that is a 2.5. Same goes for Mazda MZR 2.5's post 2009.
HP: Where a stock NC might dyno 140whp, expect 170 NA on the 2.5 w/bolt-ons, 180 with street cams, 200 with race cams 220 with an intake/ITBs, 240 with high compression pistons and all of the above. Note that because the torque is higher and the curve is more broad, a 2.5 170hp will feel much stronger below 6k than the 2.0 at the same HP.
Motor mounts are direct bolt-ons, trans bolts up the same, exhaust manifold is the same.

Seems very similar to a NA KA with the added cost of a swap on top of it.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #11213
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Because if the car doesnt cost $2000, kids these days won't go near it... Its too expensive. Go on any of the FB forums and look at some of the nicer S-Chassis for sale, anything past the $3000 range and people do nothing but scream about drift tax, or how they saw thesame car at their neighbors house for $800 or how its a piece of shit and no one should pay more than $1000 for it.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #11214
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Meh I always disliked NC bodywork. Has not changed.lol NB's on the other hand have sexy swooping lines that look much better IMO.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #11215
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think the NC got not such a great rep for the hotdog on wheels like exterior design, especially prior to the refresh I think in '13. I recall it was heavier than the NB/NAs but some amount, most likely negible.

Personally I like the NC. I find its a really good car, esp the '13-'15 clubs with hardtop. I'm not sure I'd call it a cheap. That is unless you are okay spending around 8k for something with 120k miles on it (what I could find and I have been eyeing the NC's for the past year on a good deal). I would rather get a used 15 NC club hardtop w/ 20k miles @ 15k than a new ND RF new at close to $35k, so its still a decent value. I like the ND too, but hard to justify its price given the considerably cheaper used models. Get the RF and it ends up being just as heavy than the ND if not more so.

Best thing about these cars are they are so much fun on the track and street relatively stock. Still miss my NA I had years ago. Tires won't cost a fortune in the long run if you track them. I think insurance isn't so bad either. I would not really want to mod these extensively and perhaps join some old farts miata club or something like that.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #11216
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Meh I always disliked NC bodywork. Has not changed.lol NB's on the other hand have sexy swooping lines that look much better IMO.
NB was designed based on the FD body language style stuff things... basically, the NB is meant to be the little sister of the FD

Old 03-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #11217
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
NB was designed based on the FD body language style stuff things... basically, the NB is meant to be the little sister of the FD
Oh ya fully aware of that and exactly why I like the NB. The NC on the other hand looks bloated amd exaggerated for effect IMO. I don't expect everyone to agree. I also understand how some might like it. I don't lol.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #11218
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I wonder why the NC didn't have as much of an internet presence during it's release and while it was available as the new ND seems to have now.
look at post 11213. if you've ever owned a Miata or dealt with some of the owners you would know a lot are cheap bastards (one of the main reasons the na Miata was labeled as 'the new 240' a while ago), that's why you see so many modded NAs more then NBs or NC, even with depreciation. I used to have an NB1 and I remember some of the na kids would come up to me and just gush over my car. it was just a nb with coils and wheels. it actually got kind of annoying after a while.

I know some companies are starting to make more stuff for the NC, but when I had my NB years ago, it seemed like all you could really buy was coils for the NC and a few other odds and ends. that was probably a deal breaker for a lot of people (that and being too expensive for them). id say within the last 8-12 months ive just started seeing more NCs around the net.

lastly. some Miata 'purists' thought the Miata died at NB2/mazdaspeed NB, as the NC was too much of a radical change for them.
Quote:
yep. when I had mine we called it a mini FD and said all it was missing was the rotard engine and the bazillion vacuum lines associated with the FD.

now I need to stop talking about these cause its kinda making me miss mine.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #11219
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh ya fully aware of that and exactly why I like the NB. The NC on the other hand looks bloated amd exaggerated for effect IMO. I don't expect everyone to agree. I also understand how some might like it. I don't lol.
the NC was just terrible... i dont care what anyone does to it, its just ugly! it was the low point in Mazdas mid/late 2000s design language, which is really sad as the NB was on fucking point! even the RX8, MS3 1st and 2nd gen and 1st gen Mazda6 were flat out amazing looking!

funny thing is, the ND is just as hideous, but the Fiat version is just hotness and more Miata looking than the damn Miata lol

Old 03-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #11220
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
.the NC was just terrible... i dont care what anyone does to it, its just ugly!
Amen. I've googled all kinds of modified/stanced NC's...found all kinds of NOPE.

Quote:
funny thing is, the ND is just as hideous, but the Fiat version is just hotness and more Miata looking than the damn Miata lol
Whaaaaaat? GTFOtta here... that 124 is goofy looking. Makes the NC look better.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote