Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
mdlesk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mdlesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
AutoVaughn Performance

AVP is a great company to deal with. Highly Recommended!

I initially contact NISTune, which is based in Austrilia, about getting a daughterboard installed on my ECU for my 95 KA. They quickly referred me to their American distributor, AVP (AutoVaughn Performance). I had previously contacted AVP for some pricing information. After doing some research, I decided to have AVP do the install for $50. I contacted them again and then placed the order the same day.

I sent my ECU to AVP in TN the next day and waited. Within 1 week I got a call from Andy stating that he ran into an issue. He had got the board installed, however, the base image wouldn't burn to the board. He said that he thought it was a faulty board; however, it was his last Type 4 board in stock. He mentioned that he had already placed an order for more boards and would have to wait til they came in from AU before trying it again. He expressed deep concern about the time delay and was worried that I needed the ECU back ASAP. I explained to him that it wasn't a big deal as I was still working on assembling the pieces for the turbo and that a few weeks isn't going to hurt. Within 10 days, I received the ECU in the mail with the daughterboard installed .

I highly recommend AVP. They have excellent customer service and I had a good experience with them.

I also highly recommend having them do the install of the board. If I wouldn't have had them do it and tried to do it myself, I would have probably never known that it was a bad board. $50 well spent, in my personal opinion.

A very important note: AVP's website lists [email protected] as the contact email; however, I have found out that the best way to contact them is by using [email protected] . Andy responds to the GMAIL email very quickly.

Thank You Andy and the Entire AutoVaughn Performance team for a pleasant transaction. I will definitely refer people to AVP and if I ever get another Nissan/Datsun, they will be the first people I contact
Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Xylemer

Trader Rating: (1)
Xylemer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xylemer
This is Andy, with AutoVaughn Performance. I really appreciate your kind words. You have gone out of your way to express your opinion. Please let me know if I can help you with anything in the future. Mention this post and I will take extra care of you.

I strive the have the best customer service available. I know what its like to be on the other side of the phone or email. The aftermarket automotive industry can be hostel at times. I want to be opposite of this image.

Thanks again!

-Andy

AutoVaughn Performance
(615) 796-6234
[email protected]
Products
Authorized NIStune Distributor and Installer
Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
memphis180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ive heard good things too in the past
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
WholeGrainS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
WholeGrainS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i will be calling these guys soon to purchase a type 3 board. i heard nothing but good things but this thread helped pull me to ordering from AVP
WholeGrainS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
ChinkyChris
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
ChinkyChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I purchased my Nistune board with them. They are great guys and have very fast shipping! I highly recommend them
ChinkyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
ArtieB

Trader Rating: (0)
ArtieB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know I dont post much at all but I will to say this. Andy @ (AutoVaughn Performance) is always more then helpful. Great guy/Company
ArtieB is offline   Reply With Quote