Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:47 AM   #1
kenny.bickley

Trader Rating: (0)
kenny.bickley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto trans stuck in 2nd

Hey guys have a 91 240sx and just last night my auto transmission got stuck in second here is the twist I can put it in first and then it'll will go into second gear but the drive gear won't down shift or up shift I've also park reverse and neutral work fine any leads to what's wrong
kenny.bickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
bad dog
Leaky Injector

bad dog is an unknown quantity at this point
tough problem , the 1st thing i would do is change the tranny fluid .
bad dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
heyitisjoe

heyitisjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny.bickley View Post
Hey guys have a 91 240sx and just last night my auto transmission got stuck in second here is the twist I can put it in first and then it'll will go into second gear but the drive gear won't down shift or up shift I've also park reverse and neutral work fine any leads to what's wrong
I know this is an old thread but did you ever find the fix to this? My c33 laurel is doing the exact same thing.
heyitisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitisjoe View Post
I know this is an old thread but did you ever find the fix to this? My c33 laurel is doing the exact same thing.
Jesus what a thread bump. It could be a ton of things. Automatic transmissions have a fuck ton of moving parts. Being stuck in 2nd is more than likely the default gear when something breaks. You could have a oil pump issue, worn clutch packs/bands, internal leaks (pressure loss), clogged valve body, broken sun gear/planetary gears, who knows. With as old as they are, it's not exactly worth overhauling. Not to mention parts needed to do so. And even then, it's likely to go out again. I'd try to find another one that's working, it convert to a manual (if you can)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote