Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2003, 09:05 AM   #1
mrboost

Trader Rating: (0)
mrboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ABS 5 lug Hub

this might be a stupid question, can you use a non ABS 5 lug hub in ABS equipt s14.i though i read it before that you could. just double checking. I'm doing a 5 lug conversion and my s14 is a base with abs.
Pls help. i have access to a non abs 5 lug hub.
THANKS!
mrboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2003, 09:51 AM   #2
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No, unless you don't mind losing your ABS.

The front hubs incorporate the toothed wheels for the ABS wheel speed sensor.

The rear hubs are the same, though.
AKADriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
mrboost

s14 hubs

thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
Roly
Nuclear

Roly is an unknown quantity at this point
The hubs are identical, it's the tooth ring that needs to be removed from the current hub and put on the new hub.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:00 AM   #5
mrboost

s14

you saved me tons of money thanks
Old 03-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #6
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
call me a grave digger but i didnt want to start a new post and just add to this one. i have ABS in my S13 and i want to keep it but i want to go 5lug with ABS. i know id have to get S14 ABS parts to do that, what parts do i need and where can i find them? i have a nissan account so i can probably get them there if i knew the part numbers. is there anyone that can help me with this?
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
S14 ABS hubs and spindles. The hubs have the ring gear in them, the spindle has the tab required to mount the sensor. You'll need both.
FYI, OE hubs are ~$110 each, spinldes are ~$260 each. Better to find them used if you can.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #8
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
thats not too bad, plus i get a discount from nissan. hope theres nothing im missing. part numbers would be nice.
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
keep us updated man, I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like to go 5 lug at some point, but I'd like to retain my ABS

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:08 PM   #10
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13sh
thats not too bad, plus i get a discount from nissan. hope theres nothing im missing. part numbers would be nice.
I'll post part numbers later tonight after I start drinking.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote