Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #31
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
They could be better, then again I don't have a brake controller yet for the trailer. I know... it's bad. haha.
Oh man that makes a huge difference, at least it did for me.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #32
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got a '97 Expedition with the 4.6L. It towed my 240 on a Uhaul flatbed from San Francisco to Iowa City (~2000 miles), and more recently from Iowa City to Atlanta (~800 miles). It's not super-fast while towing, but it is certainly adequate. It's at 175k miles and has been ridiculously reliable since I got it in '04 with 104k. In 6 years the only repair work I've done is replace the load-levelling rear air springs, replace an ABS sensor and recently replaced the alternator.

As for mileage, I don't remember what I got while towing, maybe about 13mpg on the highway? During normal driving, it gets about 13mpg in the city (90% city, 10% highway), and on the highway, I've gotten as high as 25mpg on one tank with the cruise set at 70 (between Nashville, TN and St. Louis, MO).
Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #33
R_G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, like people have said. Stay away from a toyota if u want to tow. The older v6 and 22r's. I have towed alot of cars with toyotas and have always sucked. We would tow my buddys 240 from sacramento to salinas alot and we would use an old 91 f250 but it was 2 wheel drive and it was gas.
The old F 250 is ok but to much freaken gas, it was stable and did not feel the trailer sway. Towed also with a f-250 diesel 04 , freaken awesome. It was more stable and the trailer did not sway and we have been using the same trailer as before.
__ Towed to willow springs from salinas to rosamond with a nissan titan. To me the truck just waist a crap load of fuel and it sucks to tow. Same trailer we have used in the past was swaying , brakes where ok not the best as the previous f250's. The turning also on it compare to the f250 seems like it did not turn to well but this is just me saying because i could take sharper turns with the f250 as oppose to the titan.

Also have towed with a 03 chevy 2500 diesel, awesome truck. Brakes , power , and even the cabin have been great. I prefer a gmc or chevy instead of a f250 or a titan. The seats are so comfy as oppose the the f250 (i could not stand driving the f250 because of the seats) titans seats are ok not the best for me. Im 5'9 and im 180 lbs so its not like im a big dude.

I have towed alot but all in all . Get a truck that has the best power as always , fuel is always going to be a problem but your towing. Make sure the truck in comfortable for you.

Good luck.

R_G is offline   Reply With Quote