Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
StuckeyOG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
StuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
OEM Nissan Wheels?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has lowered their car on OEM Nissan wheels other than the s-chassis wheels/350z/g35 ones that everyone does. My reasons for asking are that I plan on buying some rims off a 2012 Nissan Cube to ride on for a while because I want to sell my Mortegi wheels and I'm currently trying to pay for a lot of other things, best look for price I can get right now.

The wheels I'm getting are 16x6" and I'm currently running 17x7" wheels. Both sets of wheels have unknown offsets (go figure) but I'm assuming I'm just going to be a little closer to the floor and be able to go a little lower without rubbing?Right now they're just at the point where they don't rub, they were before and then I raised it up just enough to clear the wheel well on full locks.

I feel like since they're OEM Nissan wheels there might be a chance they actually fit pretty well but I really don't know shit about fitment lol. Any input you guys have would be appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Measure the back spacing, or look it up and go over to rim tuck .com and compare similar offsets
Old 06-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
CUBE wheels? 16x6... for real dude?

If you are looking for an OEM wheel, you need 5 lug hubs and you should really only be looking at:

R33 GTR: 17x9 +30

R34 GTR: 18x9 +30

370Z (base/rear): 18x9 +15

Old 06-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
370Z (base/rear): 18x9 +15

This. I saw a site selling them refurbished for $100 per wheel. Anything narrower is fail. 350Z Nismo V2 are also good at 18x9 & 19x10.

Jut save your money and do it right the first time.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you could also look at some 350z Track V1

Not lowered at all, but just a idea of fitment, in front the 18x8 almost hit the strut with the eibach springs that it's sitting on so it can be moved around the garage.

i was thinking of the nissan cube a while ago but they are 16x6 +42 if im not mistaken, that will simply not fit with struts and will just sink into the car when lowered if they do fit.

There is a thread about OEM wheels around here also check it out
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i dont know why anyone would recommend 18" and larger... find me a brake system that needs such large wheel diameters.

if its an s13, the r32 GTR wheels are next to near perfect.

the cube wheels are a colossal waste of fucking time
Old 06-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckeyOG View Post
I plan on buying some rims off a 2012 Nissan Cube to ride on for a while because I want to sell my Mortegi wheels and I'm currently trying to pay for a lot of other things, best look for price I can get right now.
These are temp wheels, that are cheap. Any 5 lug rims is out of the question, as 5 lug swap is pricey.

240/260/280Z wheels will fit too, my 280ZX snowflakes needed a spacer for the fronts just to gain a couple mils.

If saving money is your thing, buy some stockers and call it a day.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
StuckeyOG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
StuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura aboutStuckeyOG has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Okay well despite the douchetard answers I appreciate the advice, seems 5280VertDET is the only one who can fully grasp the situation. It's not an S13 either it's an S14. If anyone knows of some good fitting 4 lugs let me know please.

I told the guy I won't be getting the 2012 cube rims even though for 75 bucks mint I doubt I'm going to find as nice of a stock looking pattern that don't need weights because they're balanced. If you're all that sure they won't ride good at all on a car thats not slammed but pretty low still I guess I'm just forced to save up 300+ for 5 lug swap, and then get 5 lug wheels even though thats what I'm trying to avoid.

And for the record I did try searching up OEM wheel threads like 6 times but the search function was not working last night.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
the douchetard answers just happen to be from people who know more than you do

if you want cheap, you can install 4x spare tires. the price of that is free, until you smash your car into something due to lack of traction.

your thought process is retarded as your attempting to be a baller on a budget. buy wheels/tires when you have money. if you cant afford to be without your current setup, then you surely cant afford to buy something better

i have a spare set of wheels precisely for reasons like this. and they're not shitty cube wheels.

gaddamn another person suffering from cheap fuck syndrome
Old 06-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #10
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckeyOG View Post
Okay well despite the douchetard answers I appreciate the advice, seems 5280VertDET is the only one who can fully grasp the situation. It's not an S13 either it's an S14. If anyone knows of some good fitting 4 lugs let me know please.

I told the guy I won't be getting the 2012 cube rims even though for 75 bucks mint I doubt I'm going to find as nice of a stock looking pattern that don't need weights because they're balanced. If you're all that sure they won't ride good at all on a car thats not slammed but pretty low still I guess I'm just forced to save up 300+ for 5 lug swap, and then get 5 lug wheels even though thats what I'm trying to avoid.

And for the record I did try searching up OEM wheel threads like 6 times but the search function was not working last night.

People are posting "douchetard" answers because you asked a dumbfuck question. As stated by 5280VertDET, BUY STOCK WHEELS. NOTHING you find is going to fit anywhere near decently. Stock wheels are stock, nothing wrong with that. Weird Cube wheels are not stock and look stupid, PLENTY wrong with that. Any other stock Nissan wheels that are worth owning are not going to be cheap.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Go ahead and hunt for some narrow 4x114.3 wheels, OP. Don't listen to any advise. Everybody on Zilvia already knows suckers pay twice.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
On a S14, a good fitting OEM Nissan four lug wheel does not exist, Tardouché. Not even stock S14 wheels fit well.

Roll those dumpster spec "Mortegi" wheels a bit longer. Save your pennies and do it the right way.

16"

R32 GT-R 16x8 +30

17"

R33 GTR 17x9 +30

18"

R34 GT-R 18x9 +30

19"

370Z 19x9 / 19x10

20"

R35 GTR 20x9.5 +45 / 20x10.5 +25mm

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...1c144c328a.jpg

Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #13
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
On a S14, a good fitting OEM Nissan four lug wheel does not exist, not even stock S14 wheels fit well.

S30 wheels? really? 14x6 +12, thats retarded.

Roll those dumpster spec "Mortegi" wheels a bit longer.
Ha! Yeah, missed the s14 part. But 280ZX Turbo snowflakes are 15". Find some cheap stockers and sell the motegayhe's if you need the cash, or roll on the wheels you got.

Quote:
Save your pennies and do it the right way.
370Z 19x9 / 19x10

Buahahahaaa.... no.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #14
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

17x8

Offset, I keep thinking it's 24mm but it maybe 35mm. *shrug*
Old 06-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #15
Bushido
Post Whore!

^belongs in the usa style thread
Old 06-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
18"

R34 GT-R 18x9 +30

[/IMG]
Only good looking OEM Nissan Wheel. Period.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #17
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
^belongs in the usa style thread
This ins't a Style thread. Kid is asking if other OEM wheels fit. Sounds like he has no money and wants something cheap that will.... work?

Mustang 4/5 lugs work and are in wider 8" and 9" wheels with lower off sets. Yeah they arn't styling but it's about going cheap. Hard to beat less then $100 for a set of wheels that will fit good rubber. (My whole setup was free as I owned a Mustang and still had these laying around).

I'll get something cool sooner or later. Priority.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #18
Bushido
Post Whore!

its all about styleeee

this looks super cool

Old 06-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #19
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Mustang 4/5 lugs work and are in wider 8" and 9" wheels with lower off sets. Yeah they arn't styling but it's about going cheap. Hard to beat less then $100 for a set of wheels that will fit good rubber. (My whole setup was free as I owned a Mustang and still had these laying around).:
How do Mustang 4 lug wheels work on a 240? We're 4x114.3. Aren't they 4x108? You redrill them or something? If so, that kinda cuts into the whole cheap factor if you have to pay someone else to do it.
Quote:
Only good looking OEM Nissan Wheel. Period.
I dunno, bro...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXb9sy6V-Hk
Yeah, Nissan didn't MAKE the LMGT4, but since they came equipped on Z's from the factory, Imma go ahead and consider them OEM+.

These 350Z wheels aren't terrible either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2QSyxMoeas
But I do wish these Z33 wheels were 18x9+15 like the Z34 wheels.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #20
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
How do Mustang 4 lug wheels work on a 240? We're 4x114.3. Aren't they 4x108? You redrill them or something? If so, that kinda cuts into the whole cheap factor if you have to pay someone else to do it.
Good catch. For some idiotic reason I was thinking they are 4x114.3.

Hmmm, Accords are 4x114.3, but I doubt any of them come wider than x6

Craigslist really is the best place.

Scored these with great tires for $200. When I get a chance I'll strip them down and repaint them something not so... green.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #21
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
This ins't a Style thread. Kid is asking if other OEM wheels fit. Sounds like he has no money and wants something cheap that will.... work?

Mustang 4/5 lugs work and are in wider 8" and 9" wheels with lower off sets. Yeah they arn't styling but it's about going cheap. Hard to beat less then $100 for a set of wheels that will fit good rubber. (My whole setup was free as I owned a Mustang and still had these laying around).

I'll get something cool sooner or later. Priority.
Mustangs don't use a 4x114.3 bolt pattern, they are 4x108...

Old 06-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #22
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

I dunno, bro...

Yeah, Nissan didn't MAKE the LMGT4, but since they came equipped on Z's from the factory, Imma go ahead and consider them OEM+.
Yeah, but you can afford LMGT4s, you can afford just about any used wheel you can reasonably want. $14 - 1,500?

Quote:
These 350Z wheels aren't terrible either.
They are Ok. I'd run them if I had them, but I just can't see going out of my way to get them.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #23
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Mustangs don't use a 4x114.3 bolt pattern, they are 4x108...

You lost my friend.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #24
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Only oem Nissan wheels i would consider buying are 370z 18"wheels and R34s
Old 06-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #25
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
U want oem wheels i have a full set of r33gtrs
Old 06-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #26
Bushido
Post Whore!

I'm sorry, but if you actually drive this thing around like that... you have lost, my friend.

you are eye raping everyone, everywhere you go man.

anyway, these are not my favorite, but another option:

Z33 Nismo 18×9 +30 / 19×10 +30

Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #27
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, but you can afford LMGT4s, you can afford just about any used wheel you can reasonably want. $14 - 1,500?

They are Ok. I'd run them if I had them, but I just can't see going out of my way to get them.
I stand by my point that r34 wheel aren't the only good looking oem wheel. I have a set of the 18x8.5 z33 anniversary wheels that I went out of my way to get. They look great & can fit way more rubber over stock & paid like $400 for the set 5+ years ago. I'm sure the 18x9 z34 wheels will get cheap soon too.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #28
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I stand by my point that r34 wheel aren't the only good looking oem wheel. I have a set of the 18x8.5 z33 anniversary wheels that I went out of my way to get. They look great & can fit way more rubber over stock & paid like $400 for the set 5+ years ago. I'm sure the 18x9 z34 wheels will get cheap soon too.
$400 is certainly good. Can't even buy XXRs for that.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

i like how you guys are suggesting all these dope wheels to a guy running motegis

seriously... here is his only option:

4 of these and you're set, bud.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #30
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i like how you guys are suggesting all these dope wheels to a guy running motegis

seriously... here is his only option:

4 of these and you're set, bud.
This thread is no longer about what the OP wants. It is now a collection of people stroking their e-penises over which stock Nissan wheels are the best. Really though, what the OP wants is stupid and this is a MUCH better use of bandwidth....
Closed Thread