Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #121
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwiggins View Post
hey if we dont have to pay 450 for pbm than who cares its bound to be coppied by someone im happy for godspeed even though im probably going to get shit on for this post WHO CARES thanks godspeed for getting us good parts at better prices
Good parts?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #122
mike[pistonless]
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mike[pistonless] is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
and the people at godspeed fund their cars with legit shit cause all u dumbasses be spending money on they knockoffs. the are so confident in their crappy parts that they had to give pow multiple sets of coils just incase one breaks SMH
Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #123
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike[pistonless] View Post
and the people at godspeed fund their cars with legit shit cause all u dumbasses be spending money on they knockoffs. the are so confident in their crappy parts that they had to give pow multiple sets of coils just incase one breaks SMH
Actually, I've been on the same set of coils for how long I've had the car now and they've been great. In all honestly, what's wrong about multiple sets? It's good to have spares especially in competitive drifting.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #124
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
Neither does Godspeed, your point?
I highly disagree with this statement. Godspeed has tested MANY of their parts on a race track. R&D is learning about a product and trying to develop it. They ran in multiple time attacks and drift events using parts made by them. I believe that is more than enough "R&D".

I've personally used everything Godspeed. One product that has highly impressed me is their TD05-18g turbo. I've been running the turbo for a few months and I have nothing but great reviews about it. I'm not running a BOV and I'm sure 15psi isn't "low" at all and the turbo has held up to all of the abuse I have put it through.

As far as the angle kit goes. Who cares who copied who, an angle kit is simply an "angle kit". I would understand if there is many ways of making an angle kit but there isn't. You simple cut and reweld, how hard is that? As far as the spacer goes for the kit, its the same shit. How can someone make a different spacer when there is only a certain way of making them.

That's my opinion.... agree with me or not its on you.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #125
DRIFT-ELITE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
DRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruinDRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
lol this thread is both awesome and sad at the same time...
Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #126
Bry

Trader Rating: (0)
Bry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ PoW View Post
As far as the angle kit goes. Who cares who copied who, an angle kit is simply an "angle kit". I would understand if there is many ways of making an angle kit but there isn't. You simple cut and reweld, how hard is that? As far as the spacer goes for the kit, its the same shit. How can someone make a different spacer when there is only a certain way of making them.

That's my opinion.... agree with me or not its on you.
So... you think that the angle, length and drop of the pickup point on a modified set of knuckles is irrelevant and that they're all the same?

Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #127
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

Dude, of course there is a certain way that the angle, length and drop should be but what I'm saying is there isn't 45005523442 ways to do it. Realistically if all knuckles were painted the same color it would be "hard" to spot the differences.
DJ PoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #128
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Lol, ive seen the godspeed knuckles in person and while they were making them.. It doesnt take an Einstein to have the knuckles shorten for more angle. Its not like PBM was the guys who invented the idea -_-
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 AM   #129
jeffwiggins
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jeffwiggins will become famous soon enoughjeffwiggins will become famous soon enoughjeffwiggins will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey why isnt there someone from battle version bitching about people knocking their shit off . . . . o yeah cuz they dont care!! if you wanna buy "better" parts than do it there will alwayse be coppies and duplicates no one is putting a gun to your head and telling you they will pull the trigger if you dont buy from godspeed!! i dont get why there is 5 pages of bullshit spamming up their thread if you dont like it write a letter to godspeed and im sure they will respond to you haha
jeffwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #130
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
when it comes to stuff that could kill you, i tend to go name brand.. OEM Z32 brakes, Good-ridge brake lines (used like 4 sets on different cars, always perfect) KYB AGX's, Tien springs, OEM pillow ball mounts, Energy Suspension bushings, SPC RUCA (for poly bushing, not heim joints), all oem/name brand stuff.

load bearing, rotating and electrical parts, i highly suggest name brand, turbos, clutches, bearings, bushings, turbo timers, boost controllers, gauges,

But a strut bar, or an 3" intake pipe, or even a 3" exhaust,

who is stupid enough to pay 300$ for a injen intake, when your generic ebay 25$ china special does the EXACT same thing. you cant tell me an injen air filter negates the extra 275$.

or an ebay 125$ china special N1 exhaust versus a 500+$ apexi. which in my experience, the chinese exhaust fits perfectly fine. ive never had to cut or reweld on any of me or my friends s-chassis'. ever.

the ebay manifolds are really on a case by case basis, sometimes you luck out and the manifold is in perfect condition, with smoothed welds, and nice cuts, and sometimes you end up with a trashy, boogered(sp), thrown together manifold. where the extereor welds look ok, but the collector looks like someone used it as a toilet, right before they started welding
Chaluska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #131
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
wow.

as much as I like to back the original maker, if you make the best knuckle...why not copy the best. Who wants to make a design shittier than whats out there.

So it was copied. How else are cheaper parts made?

It's being made in china.....ummm...that's nothing new. Everything is made in China.

"they didn't do any r and d"

HEELLLLLOOOOO!!!! there isn't a price. This is a marketing ploy to get people interested, and once tested, and found safe, they can figure out the price point. If unsafe, they fix what's safe, factor in those costs, and blamo...price comes out.

I will continue to back people like pbm, as well as godspeed. If godspeed can make the same part cheaper....then why can't PBM just match that price. If PBM wants the pricepoint they want....then so be it.

Once all the "innovators" are out of business, there will be no one to copy, so then, a smaller company says fuck this, and desides to make a custom part. Enough people want custom part made, so dude keeps making it for x dollars. Dude then becomes a company like PBM....and then another guy comes around and says...why so expensive, I can have the same part made for cheaper.....

and amazingly enough.....the world keeps turning.

If you don't support it, don't buy it. But all of you, including dan, just look like a bunch of grown men crying cause someone is copying you.

I'm sorry, but if Dan wanted to, he could sell all his parts for the same price...if not cheaper since PBM's name is stronger in the community, and would sell more vs godspeed.

Would like to see vids on your guys "sponsor car" once everything is done being tested.

that is all. ;D

p.s. Love you KEN. get in here with some prices and some answers to how much angle you are getting and if there is any bind at all. Thanks sir!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #132
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
when it comes to stuff that could kill you, i tend to go name brand.. OEM Z32 brakes, Good-ridge brake lines (used like 4 sets on different cars, always perfect) KYB AGX's, Tien springs, OEM pillow ball mounts, Energy Suspension bushings, SPC RUCA (for poly bushing, not heim joints), all oem/name brand stuff.

load bearing, rotating and electrical parts, i highly suggest name brand, turbos, clutches, bearings, bushings, turbo timers, boost controllers, gauges,

But a strut bar, or an 3" intake pipe, or even a 3" exhaust,

who is stupid enough to pay 300$ for a injen intake, when your generic ebay 25$ china special does the EXACT same thing. you cant tell me an injen air filter negates the extra 275$.

or an ebay 125$ china special N1 exhaust versus a 500+$ apexi. which in my experience, the chinese exhaust fits perfectly fine. ive never had to cut or reweld on any of me or my friends s-chassis'. ever.

the ebay manifolds are really on a case by case basis, sometimes you luck out and the manifold is in perfect condition, with smoothed welds, and nice cuts, and sometimes you end up with a trashy, boogered(sp), thrown together manifold. where the extereor welds look ok, but the collector looks like someone used it as a toilet, right before they started welding

umm...there is a difference. there is going to be better flow/material in the more expensive exhaust. I know, cause AEM test this all day on their intakes in comparison to other companies. They may "look" the same. But so does hyundai and mercedes.

fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #133
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quality is King.

It all comes down to that. I don't give a flying fuck what you say, there is a reason race companies and fabricators that want a good name don't use shitty Chinese materials.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #134
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csomme View Post
Quality is King.
Really.
Idk why consumers have to do a double take on purchases between products. Too much short term thinking, and not enough long term thinking.
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #135
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post

I'm sorry, but if Dan wanted to, he could sell all his parts for the same price...if not cheaper since PBM's name is stronger in the community, and would sell more vs godspeed.
Clearly you're on crack.

You're saying that a part that takes more man-hours to make and is made with more expensive/better materials can or even should be sold for the same or less than a cheap-and-quick China part? Good joke.

Maybe these knuckles will turn out to be really nice parts, who knows. Will I buy them? No.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #136
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
Fatboy Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Fatboy Garage
Happy Hump Day!! Godspeed Project - Automotive - El Monte, CA | Facebook

BUMP for our GSP Drivers running the Knuckle Kit!

P: 626-442-3988
W:godspeedproject.com
www.facebook.com/godspeedproject
Fatboy Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #137
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Monday bump! Like our page!!! Godspeed Project - Automotive - El Monte, CA | Facebook

Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #138
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Happy Hump Day! Godspeed Project - Automotive - El Monte, CA | Facebook

Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #139
Fatboy Garage
Post Whore!

Happy Tuesday Bump! Check out our fan page!!! Godspeed Project - Automotive - El Monte, CA | Facebook

Old 03-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #140
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Makes shitty product.

Keeps bumping thread where users rape it.

Only in Amurca'.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #141
7jpat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
7jpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
has anyone actually used these yet im in the middle for doing 5 lug on my car and i dont know if i will be use s14 or s13 front hubs all depends if i get the massive angle kit
7jpat is offline   Reply With Quote