Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #10081
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will it be z car money or nsx/gtr stupid money?
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2016, 06:01 PM   #10082
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Turbo 4, somewhere near z money.
Twin turbo 6, possibly low/mid 40s base?

All depends on where BMW wants to slate the new z5 which is sharing the platform. Thatll be maybe a 10k premium at least im guessing.

I only see it going for nsx/gtr money if it gets the hybrid treatment and is meant to actually compete with those two
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:42 PM   #10083
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah I think it's going to be GTR/Caymen/Vette money. So like $55-$100k. The hot seller will be the $65k range. Hopefully this thing slays M4's. It's really really going to make the 370z look like a dinosaur.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #10084
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Everything really really makes the 370z look like a dinosaur.
Fixed that for you.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #10085
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenkins1101 View Post
Fixed that for you.
Touché. It really is a dinosaur.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #10086
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
If it weren't for Akio Toyoda, I'd say it would probably be DSG only. However, Akio knows whats up, and the fact that it's being worked on with BMW makes me believe a manual option is likely. Despite the fact that BMW is becoming less and less of the ultimate driving machine, they still offer manual transmissions on most of their cars. I see the possibility of autonomy being good for enthusiast cars too, because people who choose to drive will want to be more involved.

A manual would also allow the Supra to stand out against every other high-end Japanese performance coupe on the market. The Lexus RC-F and Infiniti Q60 Redsport are ridiculously quick, but don't have the same level of engagement that Akio is all about promoting for the revamped Toyota brand.
The cars that it is being designed to take on, the M4, Cayman, etc, offer manual transmissions too.

I'm not too worried about it being hybrid, in fact I hope it is. If anyone here has ever driven a manual sports-oriented hybrid, they would know how great an electric motor is as a power adder. Deep reserves of torque off the line are fantastic, and loads of fun. In fact, I think a mild-hybrid system on the Toyota 86 would completely change the car for the better. The system on the Honda CRZ weighs only 125lbs, and unlike a turbocharging setup, you can put most of that weight almost anywhere in the chassis you want, in the form of the battery pack. That lightness is because the electric motor replaces the flywheel and starter motor. How great would an additional 40lb-ft of torque at 0rpm be?

The revival of the Supra means a lot to me. An A70 Supra turbo was my first "real" car, and being that I plan on living in LA for some time (and getting married soon), I'm going to need to be content with a much smaller stable of cars (because parking, not the future wife.) A Supra would scratch all the right itches, in both daily driver and enthusiast needs. (It would also be able to keep up with the M3 my fiancée plans on buying, and that's important too.)
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #10087
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
I've been thinking about a 2015 mustang more & more lately to daily. I'm tired of my crappy 03 explorer.

MidnightKouki's Ecoboost Stang has me liking them even more lately.

greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #10088
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Dayum that looks good!
Old 11-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #10089
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Man those wheels fit perfectly. And that rear diffuser. So nice.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #10090
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Yeah, nice 19x10 square setup & an upgraded turbo too lol
Old 11-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #10091
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Yeah, nice 19x10 square setup & an upgraded turbo too lol
thing must haul ass! given with the stock turbo setup you can net yourself around 500hp, though top end sucks because of the rinky dink undersized OE turbo. would probably feel like adding a S15 T28 to a redtop SR, ditching the OE T25 and cranking the T28 up to 18psi!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #10092
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I won't get into the left vs right thing, However I do agree policy will one day be the end of non self driving cars not just manuals.Where you program your destination and it goes, all the cars becoming connected to one grid wThat though is in the future maybe 50-60 years IMO.

As far as manuals, I think as double clutch trickles its way down, we will see less manual sports car and more with double clutch.
There are more and more jobs being taken by robots. Although I understand some examples where the job requires high precision/ low % of error, At the end of the day humans need jobs. I just feel that we are losing more meaning to human life as we rely more and more on technology.

The autonomous vehicles are coming wayyyyyy sooner than 50-60 years. My guess is in 5-10 years they outnumber human driven cars stateside.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:03 PM   #10093
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
thing must haul ass! given with the stock turbo setup you can net yourself around 500hp, though top end sucks because of the rinky dink undersized OE turbo. would probably feel like adding a S15 T28 to a redtop SR, ditching the OE T25 and cranking the T28 up to 18psi!!!
He threw on a gtx2867, same turbo he was running on his SR in the Kouki ha. He's adding a secondary set of injectors too so he can run E85. He shed a bunch of weight too.

www.instagram.com/nightparade
Old 11-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #10094
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
There are more and more jobs being taken by robots. Although I understand some examples where the job requires high precision/ low % of error, At the end of the day humans need jobs. I just feel that we are losing more meaning to human life as we rely more and more on technology.

The autonomous vehicles are coming wayyyyyy sooner than 50-60 years. My guess is in 5-10 years they outnumber human driven cars stateside.
I didn't say they weren't coming for 50 years, I said that's when we'll be at the cusp of an all autonomous roadway. Fully automous cars will be out by 2020-2025. Things will ramp up quickly from there. But a fully automous future (ZERO human driven cars) is 40-50 years away. IMO. I could be way off. It could happen way sooner if the government decides it knows what's best.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #10095
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
*Heart crushing mention of an I4.*
Awwwe, was in love with this. Now it's just a physical attraction.lol Looks dope.

Sent from my SM-G930P
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:15 PM   #10096
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
I know exitspeed, I am in agreement with you. I quoted Falkon240 because he said what my "inner last desires of acceptance are" when it is happening much sooner.

It makes me quite inconsolable to see all these Hypercars coming out, the performance sedans that we always wanted finally coming out, and the ponycars going at it one last time.
In my Dunning-Kruger infested eyes(where has Krustyvag been?), this bears a resemblance to a big farewell. Car manufacturers are giving internal combustion engines a maniacal retirement party.

Personally, I am all for biofuel. Obviously add in some words like "Responsibly grown, renewable, sustainable, optimized etc etc"

I have read some electric vs biofuel comparisons and I don't know enough to argue with anyone either way. I do understand that the real solution will be a combination of several different renewable energy sources.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #10097
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I'd prefer biofuel/electric hybrid to anything else on the table as of now.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #10098
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Enjoying the winter time down here in Florida.

I've been going back and forth on whether I should stick with the 19 inch wheels or increase to 20 inch. 99% sure I'm going 20's... The 19's seem a bit too small for the body size, IMO.

Here's a video of a GT350 on 20's with air suspension:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g2yCfv1z-4
Old 11-30-2016, 06:42 AM   #10099
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Watching that video, this is the first time I noticed how much of the GTR styling there is in the GT350.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:48 AM   #10100
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.motortrend.com/news/spied...-styling-cues/
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #10101
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
Posted it on the last page.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #10102
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Watching that video, this is the first time I noticed how much of the GTR styling there is in the GT350.
Yes, I've noticed it myself too. But the R35 is much fatter. The S550 Mustang has the footprint closer to that of the R34 GTR (or at least seems that way).
Old 11-30-2016, 09:43 AM   #10103
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Please don't bag a GT350
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #10104
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Please don't bag a GT350
I would never, haha. MagneRide is superior than any airbag system. I posted that video to show how 20's look. He also has rubberband tires too... not my cup o tea.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #10105
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://jalopnik.com/mazda-ceo-says-n...1789708685/amp

Fawk. Really sucks because they have such a beautiful design language.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #10106
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
lame!

modern day cars and market are just the suck! at least we had a decent 10-15 year run from 1990 to the mid 2000s.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #10107
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
lame!

modern day cars and market are just the suck! at least we had a decent 10-15 year run from 1990 to the mid 2000s.
Does anyone else feel mournful when they read stuff like this?
I'm about to graduate in Mechanical Engineering and I did it all for sports cars.

I've got no interest in fucking batteries and self driving bullshit.

Fuck it, I will continue with my plans of world destruction.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:45 PM   #10108
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
http://jalopnik.com/mazda-ceo-says-n...1789708685/amp

Fawk. Really sucks because they have such a beautiful design language.

And nothing of value was lost
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #10109
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
RIP Japanese sports cars (for a while now actually).

Nissan - Z and GTR (long in tooth and overpriced)
Toyota - GT86* (too much for too little), upcoming Supra (probably will be overpriced)
Honda - NSX (unaffordable)
Subaru - BRZ* (too much for too little)
Mazda - Miata (personally, no complaints for what it was meant to be, but unsatisfying to most)

That's about it with current offering of non-fwd dedicated chassis huh? Japanese cars aren't as bang-for-the-buck as they used to be. Blame it on rising costs for maybe certain materials and declining demand for such offerings.

*same shit
Old 12-07-2016, 09:05 AM   #10110
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Frs or umm...gt86 is what 25k? I get that you want le turdbro, but that is not a lot for what you get.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote