Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #151
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
He fought in three wars? So what? He has a Medal of Honor? So what? It means nothing when dealing with the actual problem. Look at it rationally, and not like some uber-patriotic mental defective.
It's an issue of respect. Some people understand this, most don't. To me, I don't care WHO wants to fly the AMerican Flag, they should be allowed to do so. The fact that this guy is 'cream of the crop' of those who keep us free, should damn near enable him to what the hell he wants. Just my views.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #152
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The link is down so I'm just commenting.......

He's 90 years old. Puts the flag out, rolls it up himself? Did he put the flag pole up without them knowing? Doubt it. If the HOA doesn't condone it then why is the flag pole on his property?

I mean come on, the flag isn't the size of his house. Hell, I'll peronally install the spotlights to light it up this way he doesn't need to take it down at night.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #153
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
It's an issue of respect. Some people understand this, most don't. To me, I don't care WHO wants to fly the AMerican Flag, they should be allowed to do so. The fact that this guy is 'cream of the crop' of those who keep us free, should damn near enable him to what the hell he wants. Just my views.
The truth of the matter is up to speculation.
I'd wager ultimately it was 'publicity' and the media that made the change possible.
If it was a regular dude, chances are this wouldn't have happened.

Rights and influence are two entirely different things.
Technically, everyone in the US has the same rights.
However, not everyone has the same level of influence.
The old guy had existing influence in his past accomplishments,
and knew how to use publicity to his advantage.

Most of us aren't going to be able to pull this same stunt with our existing 'resumes'.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #154
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't know I guess its just me. I find it a bit ridiculous that there are ppl who purposely install their native countries flag on the hood of their car during XYZ national pride day, or some parade, causing a bigger safety hazard driving then this guy could have ever done by simply raising his flag on his piece of property.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #155
victorw210
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i had a friend that lived in a place with a hoa that were assholes.he would have people over alot(not noisy or rediculous) and people would park on the street.the hoa got mad and put up no parking signs on the side of the street so everyone parked on the other side then they put signs up on that sign so there was nowhere to park.they lived in the front of the neighborhood and there was a large sign with the name of the neighborhood so one day people just parked in the grass in the entrance in front of the sign to give a big fuck you to the hoa. he doesnt live there anymore lol
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote