Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Cardiak

Trader Rating: (0)
Cardiak is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need opinions on G37S

I had my S14 for about 3 years and just recently sold it because I'm moving north about 1,200 miles. I was thinking of getting a G37s and was wondering what people thought of those cars. I've always liked the look of them and wanted something up to date to daily while working on my next S14 in the future. Are they pretty good cars for the price or am I better off looking at a 350 or 370z? Are they pretty responsive under power? I plan on doing a few things to it but nothing too crazy because I'm gonna eventually get another s14 to work on but I don't want something that pulls like a truck in traffic.
Cardiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
They're not bad cars, good daily/cruiser kinda cars. Only thing annoying about them is nissan refuses to make better window regulators for the G37/Zs.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
I wouldn't for a new daily unless it was a sedan. The platform is just too small for day to day tasks. I had a 350z for a couple of years and the thing was so miserable as a daily I ended up picking up a beater Subaru wagon to daily and then just went bonkers on the Z with mods.

I know the G has seats in the rear but in terms of overall cargo space and real world usability, it can't possibly be much better then the Z.

Just get a TSX, TL-S, G35/7 sedan or some other zippy 4 door.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #4
Cardiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
I wouldn't for a new daily unless it was a sedan. The platform is just too small for day to day tasks. I had a 350z for a couple of years and the thing was so miserable as a daily I ended up picking up a beater Subaru wagon to daily and then just went bonkers on the Z with mods.

I know the G has seats in the rear but in terms of overall cargo space and real world usability, it can't possibly be much better then the Z.

I appreciate the reponses. Honestly, I'm not worried about the amount of room. I hardly ever drive people around. I just want a reliable coupe with decent power that I can drive to work and cruise through town and take small trips in.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #5
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
moving north? have you considered a g35x?
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #6
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
My dad has a G35 coupe as his daily and loves it. He's 6'3 and around 215-220lbs and fits fine in the back seat. He can fit his golf clubs and whatever he needs. Takes it to the track as well and I have to say its a pretty fun car so im sure a G37 would be just as good if not better.
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #7
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
The Lexus IS250/350 is a good choice in this segment too.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #8
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been looking personally for a g35 sedan 6mt that looks like the g37 @ carmax (max care extended warranty fixes ALOT) waiting for one to pop up with a bunch of miles under 12k . Sedans are the new coupes . But it's all preference .
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:11 AM   #9
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ive driven all type of G sedans as a worked as a Porter(driver) for a Infiniti dealership for three years the G35 6mt sedans are RARE outta the 1500 pluss used cars a drove i would say 15 of them were 6 mt sedans,

G35s coupes are way better then the G37s why? The G37s just has too many damn electrical sensors that fight with aggressive driving styles for example i could turn the VDC off on the G35 do burnouts slide without any interference, as for the G37 even with traction and everything off wouldnt let you do any sort of burnout the sensor would catch it immediately in the rain it would spin a tad but then the TCS kicks in hard!

G37s four door keep in mind 2012 is the last year of the G sedan 6mt was by far my favorite love the way it drove again traction control was an issue but the 4 door felt more stable even with all the stupid fun depriving sensors more of a fun car....

if an older car G35 coupe if its a G37 then get the four door.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:26 AM   #10
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
What about the 07-08 g35 sedans I know those have the g37 body's do they start the g37 electrical at the point? I could of searched this but I'm already here
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:35 AM   #11
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habibi240 View Post
What about the 07-08 g35 sedans I know those have the g37 body's do they start the g37 electrical at the point? I could of searched this but I'm already here
G35's period are by far less assisted compared to the G37.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #12
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
The Lexus IS250/350 is a good choice in this segment too.
Ehhhhh I'd stay away from the 250, its pretty damn gutless. 350 or ISF would be noice.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #13
Cardiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
ive driven all type of G sedans as a worked as a Porter(driver) for a Infiniti dealership for three years the G35 6mt sedans are RARE outta the 1500 pluss used cars a drove i would say 15 of them were 6 mt sedans,

G35s coupes are way better then the G37s why? The G37s just has too many damn electrical sensors that fight with aggressive driving styles for example i could turn the VDC off on the G35 do burnouts slide without any interference, as for the G37 even with traction and everything off wouldnt let you do any sort of burnout the sensor would catch it immediately in the rain it would spin a tad but then the TCS kicks in hard!

G37s four door keep in mind 2012 is the last year of the G sedan 6mt was by far my favorite love the way it drove again traction control was an issue but the 4 door felt more stable even with all the stupid fun depriving sensors more of a fun car....

if an older car G35 coupe if its a G37 then get the four door.
Good to know. I'm just not too much of a fan of the look of the G35. Not happy to hear about all the sensors on the 37s, though.