Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Mharsh

Trader Rating: (0)
Mharsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Inquiry

Hey guys

I am new to the states and i don't really know all models and makes of cars that good for drifting..
i know the Silvia which is the 240sx if i'm not mistaken and the Rx7.

Any way my question is what other cars (sedan or 2 door) that don't cost money to tune and simple to drift..
i have drift before but was in long while so i wanna start easy this time because my budget is limited.

Thanks in advance.
Mharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dam you really need to do a lot of research. And if you have drifted before how do you not have a idea on where to start? The obious answer will be anything that's rwd that you can afford.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
Mharsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
Dam you really need to do a lot of research. And if you have drifted before how do you not have a idea on where to start? The obious answer will be anything that's rwd that you can afford.
I am from totally different country where the names of cars are different and mostly drifting cars are different in my country.. i have drifted but with SUV car and another type of drifting.. it's just i am not familiar with all cars that good for drifting.

anyway Thanks man.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
For inexpensive options besides the 240sx, I'd say look into:
Miata
E36 328i/M3
IS300

There are MANY options. It all really depends on your budget. How much are you trying to spend?
Old 10-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
Mharsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
For inexpensive options besides the 240sx, I'd say look into:
Miata
E36 328i/M3
IS300

There are MANY options. It all really depends on your budget. How much are you trying to spend?
These sound good.

Well!! now i am concerned about more things..
1- which cars known that they don't last long time without mechanical or electrical issues?
2- how to determine the good price of the car based on its condition?

i have had a brief look at the prices of many cars such as:
Rx7
240sx hatchback and coupe
and now
Miata
E36 328i/M3
IS300

i see the prices between 2000$ to 8000 or more.

my budget for buying the car itself could reach 2000$ or 3000$ maybe more if things went good.. and i will be able to spend 200$ to 300$ monthly for tuning and maintenance if needed.

Thanks man
Old 10-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Clutch Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Dog
you guys are missing out on the cheapest drift missles out there..

any generation ford mustang from 95 to 04, GT

they either will have the 4.6 or the 5.0 both feature strong transmissions, an a ford 8.8 rear end which is easy to break into and add clutch plates to lock up, the car itself is cheap to maintan as everything ford that era had the same motor and parts.

the only downside is admiting to your jdm guys you drift a mustang.

but they are dirt cheap and you can drift a stock one easily. v8 power and torque.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #7
Mharsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
you guys are missing out on the cheapest drift missles out there..

any generation ford mustang from 95 to 04, GT

they either will have the 4.6 or the 5.0 both feature strong transmissions, an a ford 8.8 rear end which is easy to break into and add clutch plates to lock up, the car itself is cheap to maintan as everything ford that era had the same motor and parts.

the only downside is admiting to your jdm guys you drift a mustang.

but they are dirt cheap and you can drift a stock one easily. v8 power and torque.
i thought about the mustang too as long as it's popular in my country,
but because of the HOT weather there, V8 mustangs don't last much like the V6 and V4.
Mostly we use V6 or V4 because it last longer.. and that's why i am concerned about how is it in the U.S.

Thanks Bro.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

"dont last" it sounds like improper cooling, our v8's are some of the most reliable on the road , but its all about set up and being proper.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:16 PM   #9
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

and what car has v4's?
Old 10-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #10
Mharsh

Quote:
"dont last" it sounds like improper cooling, our v8's are some of the most reliable on the road , but its all about set up and being proper.
it's just different weather, roads, type of drift.. and because the V6 and V4 are cheaper ther and last longer without mechanical or electrical issues.

Quote:
and what car has v4's?

V4 such asick up datsun, nissan 200l, 260zx, 240zx, GTR (2&4 door).. etc
Old 10-20-2014, 01:45 AM   #11
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
V4 such asick up datsun, nissan 200l, 260zx, 240zx, GTR (2&4 door).. etc[/QUOTE]

I think you mean incline 4 cylinder motor. Not a v4 which has a "V" shape in its design.and which country are you from? Because one thing to consider is that most imports here are wayyyyy less powerful then what you would get in Japan. For example a Silvia over there has the sr20 or ca18 and here the 240sx has a ka24e or ka24de motor which stock vs. stock not a comparison.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #12
Mharsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
V4 such asick up datsun, nissan 200l, 260zx, 240zx, GTR (2&4 door).. etc
I think you mean incline 4 cylinder motor. Not a v4 which has a "V" shape in its design.and which country are you from? Because one thing to consider is that most imports here are wayyyyy less powerful then what you would get in Japan. For example a Silvia over there has the sr20 or ca18 and here the 240sx has a ka24e or ka24de motor which stock vs. stock not a comparison.[/QUOTE]

yeah i meant the 4 cylinder, excuse me. and i am from Saudi Arabia but live in the states currently and that is why i am concerned.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #13
HORShi
Zilvia Member

HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
@Mharsh

Like Angel said, most of the cars over here is really underpowered compared to the rest of the world. You would be able to find a 240sx for your price, but over here in the states, typically that will come with a lot of problems because people tend to hack up and abuse these cars heavily here. Do you have knowledge of working on cars? Because what it sounds like, you need something that's (assuming from reading your posts)

1) Easy to repair/maintenance (if you have basic mechanic knowledge or $$$ to spend your fine)
2) Cheap to replace parts
3) Easy to find parts

240sx arguably is the favorable car in that category, BUT I will like to add, unlike the rest of the world, our domestic cars have a strong support system, you can get Mustang V8s/V6s, Chevy LS V8s parts anywhere here. No matter where you are. There is a lot of things to consider bub.

Also, I seen you from Saudi Arabia, have you ever participated in the tafheet (I believe that is the English term for it) drifting that goes on over there?
Old 10-21-2014, 12:31 AM   #14
Mharsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
@Mharsh

Do you have knowledge of working on cars? Because what it sounds like, you need something that's (assuming from reading your posts)

1) Easy to repair/maintenance (if you have basic mechanic knowledge or $$$ to spend your fine)
2) Cheap to replace parts
3) Easy to find parts
exactly, i have basic knowledge about repair,maintenance and tune and i would be able to learn more and fast. it's just for now, i won't have the time and place to work on the car by myself.

Quote:
@Mharsh

240sx arguably is the favorable car in that category, BUT I will like to add, unlike the rest of the world, our domestic cars have a strong support system, you can get Mustang V8s/V6s, Chevy LS V8s parts anywhere here. No matter where you are. There is a lot of things to consider bub.
Is it popular that 8 cylinder cars have more mechanical and electrical issues, i mean more then the 4 and 6 cylinder?

Quote:
@Mharsh

Also, I seen you from Saudi Arabia, have you ever participated in the tafheet (I believe that is the English term for it) drifting that goes on over there?
yeah i have participated in every type of drift there
Old 10-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What cars are popular there for drifting?
Old 10-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #16
Mharsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What cars are popular there for drifting?
Many such charger, challenger, mustang, GTR, ZX260 ZX240 and ZX 300, And Datsun 200L caprice..
And also SUV's such Nissan patrol and Toyota land cruiser and hilux Which is the Toyota tacoma in the states.
And for another type of drifting.. Camry, maxima, sonata and caprice too.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #17
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mharsh View Post
Many such charger, challenger, mustang, GTR, ZX260 ZX240 and ZX 300, And Datsun 200L caprice..
And also SUV's such Nissan patrol and Toyota land cruiser and hilux Which is the Toyota tacoma in the states.
And for another type of drifting.. Camry, maxima, sonata and caprice too.
Trolllllllllolololol!!!!

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
Trolllllllllolololol!!!!
He's not trolling. They just drive any & everything over there like a bunch of asshats & call it drifting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJJNp-Is_c

The fuckery they do in Saudi Arabia would not be recognized as drifting by anyone with a brain.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #19
Mharsh

Quote:
He's not trolling. They just drive any & everything over there like a bunch of asshats & call it drifting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJJNp-Is_c

The fuckery they do in Saudi Arabia would not be recognized as drifting by anyone with a brain.
I admit that.. It's just a death tool.. BTW it is illegal.. That's why i haven't been doing it for more than 10 years..

Anyway that's not my point.. I mean that i have drifted before and i have the basics and the ability to drift. And if it's not enough.. I have the ability to improve fastly.

BTW you might want to take a look here.. That's more interesting (it's all legal) in UAE and Qatar.. Because we don't have a an official and open track to drift in Saudi Arabia..
http://youtu.be/8Gx5LAMYuks
http://youtu.be/wGJB5gOxWFI
http://youtu.be/4MOCE-gzHm0
All 5th gear drifting
Old 10-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #20
simmode1
Post Whore!

A death tool? Dear god... No, man. Only if you're doing it catastrophically WRONG.

Ok MHarsh... None of what you posted is drifting. None of it. Before acquiring a car, it would be best to completely forget EVERYTHING you think you know about drifting.

Heres a good example of actual drifting the way it should be done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbz7TVZ0iZs
Old 10-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #21
Mharsh

Quote:
Ok MHarsh... None of what you posted is drifting. None of it. Before acquiring a car, it would be best to completely forget EVERYTHING you think you know about drifting.

Heres a good example of actual drifting the way it should be done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0s22oFoDE

I knew you'r gonna to say that.
Basically, both have similar drifting tool.. Clutch, pedals, and handbreak except the once i posted are without handbreak.
However, the standards are different.
I am talking about the way you posted, which i want to practice, and i have tried it once, was Awesome.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #22
Mharsh

Quote:
A death tool? Dear god... No, man. Only if you're doing it catastrophically WRONG.

Oh no man i am talkin about the once you posted which in Saudi Arabia..
The other one you posted are fine.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:14 AM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

Ok, in that case, just go find a cheap rear wheel drive sports car with manual transmission & search for a track day in your area, preferably one that has instructors to teach you drifting fundamentals. Keep your drifting on the track & not the streets and you'll be fine.