Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #181
scarecrow27
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
scarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymorescarecrow27 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl'S13 View Post
What is the best intake manifold to use on a rb26?

the best one....

well if u got the dough to fork out i'd suggest the top secret custom made one it comes with an upgraded throttle body as well but its over 3k...

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/engine.shtml
scarecrow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #182
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOl'S13 View Post
What is the best intake manifold to use on a rb26?
allot of people on the Skylines Australia forums love the Veilside single tb one. but others that don;t want insanely 700HP cars, just get the Greddy plenum and keep the ITB's (that fixes the starvation to cylinder 6)

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #183
Chemical Whore

Chemical Whore is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone have the spark plug part numbers for the RBDET25 and also what coil packs work?
Chemical Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #184
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
coilpacks from cylinder 1 and 2 off the Q45 works, spark plugs. are the same as TT Z32

Review Thread
Old 08-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #185
Behind Horizon
Zilvia Member

Behind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enoughBehind Horizon will become famous soon enough
Hello guys,

anyone experienced problems with top mounted tubular manifolds hitting the handlebar of the steering rack that goes to the steering wheel on our LHD S13's ?
Behind Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #186
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
i may have missed it since i skimmed through the thread pretty fast, but what oil filter should be used on the RB26? also what weight oil is suggested?

i had what i've been using all written down but i cant find my notepad

iirc it was 10w40...

anyone?

thanks
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #187
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPSECRT88 View Post
i may have missed it since i skimmed through the thread pretty fast, but what oil filter should be used on the RB26? also what weight oil is suggested?

i had what i've been using all written down but i cant find my notepad

iirc it was 10w40...

anyone?

thanks
same one off the SR20DET, same thins as the B13 Sentra. I use mobil 1 (mobil part number M1-103) as far as oil grade both me and my friend are using 5W-30 that;s what the cap says

Review Thread
Old 09-16-2007, 02:56 AM   #188
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
The following is intended for any car sporting the rb20det.

Vehicle model: hcr32 and hnr32
Engine type: rb20det
Displacement (cc): 1998
Combustion chamber: pent-roof type
Valve arrangement : DOHC belt drive
Bore x stroke mm: 78.0 x 69.7
Compression ratio : 8.5
Compression pressure: (kg / cm2) / (rpm) 12.0 / 300
Maximun output (net) (ps / rpm): 215 / 6400
Maximun torque (net) (kg-m / rpm): 27.0 / 3200
Fuel consumption ratio (g / GS.h) / (rpm): 215 / 2400
Dimensions m/t (l / w / h) (mm): 845x660x685
Dimensions a/t (l / w / h) (mm): 830x660x685
Idle speed (rpm): 800
Ignition timing a/t (BTDCdegrees / rpm): 15 / 650
Ignition timing m/t (BTDCdegrees / rpm): 20 / 650
Firing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4
Valve clearance cold (mm) intake: 0.45 +/- 0.003
Valve clearance cold (mm) exhaust: 0.38 +/- 0.003
Throttle chamber bolts torque setting (kg-m) first stage: 0.9 - 1.1
Throttle chamber bolts torque setting (kg-m) second stage: 1.8 - 2.2
Flywheel run-out limit (mm): 0.10
Con rod nut tightening stage 1 (kg-m): 2.3 - 2.9
Con rod nut tightening stage 2(kg-m): 3.9 - 4.5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

rb20det Engine variations:

The rb20det came in two different forms, the earlier red top with the NICS system and the newer silver top version with the ECCS system. The red top is the earlier version of the rb20det and came as standard with the r31 skyline, z32 fairlady and the nissan laurel, whilst the r32 skylines and nissan cefiro came with the silver top version.

Just to confuse you more there were a few red top rb20dets with the eccs system, heres some engine power outputs.

RB20DET red top
1986-1987: 178bhp (NICS version)
1988-1989: 190bhp (ECCS version)
RB20DET silver top
1989 onwards: 215bhp

-------------------------------------------------

Resetting the rb20det ECU:

You can reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery and then pressing the brake pedal in for a minute or so, doing this tries to light up the brake lights and removes all of the voltage from the ecu, then connect it back up and go for a drive. Make sure the front wheels are straight when you do this or else the hicass can get a bit screwed up because it thinks the wheels are turning slightly.

The ECU has the mapping for the fuelling this wont change but the timing and airflow is monitored all of the time and adjusted according to conditions if you have been using low octane fuel or carried out recent mods then you'll benifit from the ECU reset as it relearns the optimum settings and changes the timing in very large increments initially then as it gets closer to being right it narrows the adjustments down.

The ignition timing is advanced until knock is detected and then pulled back in narrowing swings above and below ideal until it has narrowed it down to being ok. Once settled it almost stops learning and will use tiny adjustments each time you go out and take a lot longer to get to its ideal each time.

Part numbers for of r32 gts-t:

*Warning, this part list is in nowehere complete*

Water Pump: 21010-21U25
Thermostat: 21200-42L05
coil Packs: 22433 60u02 mcp-300124
Oil Filter Genuine Nissan: 15208-H8911
Oil Filter Ryco: Z145A
Oil Filter Valvoline: R9
Oil Capacity: 4.6L with filter (7.5w 30 is recommended)
Coolant Capacity: 9L
Manual Gearbox: 2L (80w 90)
P/s Fluid capacity, non-hicas: 1.8L
Sump washer 11026-01M02
Fuel filter 16400-53J10
Rear diff oil 1.5L
Alternator belt 11720-24U00
Cam belt 13028-20P10
PAS belt 11950-04U00
NGK standard plugs PFR5A-11 1.1mm gapped
NGK Iridium plugs T7341T-8 0.8mm gapped
Trust-Greddy Iridium plugs IT08 0.8mm gapped

Air Flow Meter 22680-02U00
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #189
GEARZ

Trader Rating: (1)
GEARZ is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
does anyone have specs like that for the RB25? also looking for max boost on stock turbo and max boost on stock motor
GEARZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:39 AM   #190
Adrian gt

Adrian gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
hahaha ya and I was referring to ghetto looking. hahhahha the setup does not look ghetto on my s13 hahhahhaha.
I threw in the Performance part just to rib you. hahhahahha
Also all jokes aside. With the S13, there is not enough clearance to run dual pullers, especially if your running air. There is, also limited room to attempt a dual pusher setup on the front side. Hence the push pull setup.
The s14 has a much larger front area, allowing for dual pushers.

P.S. give me a call ken I got a plug I need to send to you.
with the radiator moved forward there is plenty of room for dual pullers
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #191
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
i want to hear straight through exhaust on rb26

ie. dart izumi
buddy club spec II
greddy DD
custom..just no rear muffler
Old 10-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #192
Yum-Yum
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Yum-Yum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
anyone know if the mckinny driveshaft (rb25/s13) will work with the syko mount kit for my NEO rb25 s13 or do i neeed to buy a syko ds?
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:15 AM   #193
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum-Yum View Post
anyone know if the mckinny driveshaft (rb25/s13) will work with the syko mount kit for my NEO rb25 s13 or do i neeed to buy a syko ds?
How do you like the Syko mounts?
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #194
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
buy everything from SYKO,

"trust me" when i say this.. products + service + support, and everything related to SYKO can only be classified as "TOP NOTCH"

There is no need for you to think twice, just get it.
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #195
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
I was planning on getting my mounts and wiring service from them. Guess I need to get an engine first, haha.

I'm looking for a r33 front clip.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #196
fun2drive95
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
fun2drive95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
not sure if its been asked but will an r33 clutch and or brake pedal fit in my s14? thanks
fun2drive95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #197
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
buy everything from SYKO,

"trust me" when i say this.. products + service + support, and everything related to SYKO can only be classified as "TOP NOTCH"

There is no need for you to think twice, just get it.
I can vouch for that statement, syko performance service + products are the very best!!!

Wanna see what I'm talking about...
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...89#post1528689
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #198
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
A FYI since i have gotten ask this a few times before. RB25 S14 install price, about $3700
**edit forgot that i bought the new radiator later, so that brings up the total to $4100**

motor
trans
ECU and wiring harness
timing belt
all pulley belts
N1 water pump
Nismo thermostat
Griffen radiator
FAL dual 12" pushers
Thermostat to run the fans
godspeed FMIC
2mm aluminum pipe and couplers to fab up piping
syko mounts
Syko wiring
syko downpipe
resonated test pipe
drive shaft shop drive shaft (they are cheaper now)
battery relocation box and wiring
power distribution block
clutch and brake pedal
clutch MC, steel braided hardline
New Z32 clutch for RB trans
new throw out bearing
flywheel resurface
new hoses for the radiator ($60)
Fuel pump
nismo FPR
Jack stands
Big Pulley puller to pull off the main pulley
long 6 point 14mm wretch and lock-tite for the drive shaft bolts
All new fluids
bunch of jig saw blades
angle grinder that broke
3" hole saw bit
corded drill
steel strips that i fabbed brackets out of.

so that is what i got with the money. compare that to a comperabily maintained SR20 and you can wee why i say that the SR20 is a rip off for the price it sells now a days.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #199
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
rb's create alot of blow by. I installed a circuit sports catch can to remedy this problem but I didn't reinstall the restrictor plug in the intake line. My catch can overflowed and I had spy-hunter smoke screen coming out the tail pipe. The restrictor plug is a cylinder shape that fits in the intake line which is about .5-.75" long has a diameter of .5-.75" and has a 1/8" hole in the center. This reduces the vacume pulled from the valve cover into the compressor. My buddy is machining a new one for me and will be installed tomorrow. After there should be no more spy-hunter.

If you want to know where exactly the plug is just feel for a hard bump in the flex line going from the exh. side valve cover to your intake pipe. Your not going to push that thing out so you will need a razor blade to cut it out.

I hope my lesson helps others from my mistake, I thought my turbo was done. Sorry for the repost but this is the best place for this info.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #200
KA-Turbo?

KA-Turbo? is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu View Post
A FYI since i have gotten ask this a few times before. RB25 S14 install price, about $3700

motor
trans
ECU and wiring harness
timing belt
all pulley belts
N1 water pump
Nismo thermostat
Griffen radiator
FAL dual 12" pushers
Thermostat to run the fans
godspeed FMIC
2mm aluminum pipe and couplers to fab up piping
syko mounts
Syko wiring
syko downpipe
resonated test pipe
drive shaft shop drive shaft (they are cheaper now)
battery relocation box and wiring
power distribution block
clutch and brake pedal
clutch MC, steel braided hardline
New Z32 clutch for RB trans
new throw out bearing
flywheel resurface
new hoses for the radiator ($60)
Fuel pump
nismo FPR
Jack stands
Big Pulley puller to pull off the main pulley
long 6 point 14mm wretch and lock-tite for the drive shaft bolts
All new fluids
bunch of jig saw blades
angle grinder that broke
3" hole saw bit
corded drill
steel strips that i fabbed brackets out of.

so that is what i got with the money. compare that to a comperabily maintained SR20 and you can wee why i say that the SR20 is a rip off for the price it sells now a days.

damn 3700?? my friend spent 3k on his rb25 front clip alone. guess he got ripped heh
KA-Turbo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #201
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

I think he meant $3700 is just the labor.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #202
KA-Turbo?

oh, alright then
Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #203
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
That was turn key, i added on the radiator to the total price, i forgot to add in the $$$ for that one, but i got all the stuff last fall when a lot of places were working on getting rid of their inventory. and had a couple of hook ups that helped shave some cash off the price. needless to say i did all the work myself plumbing and all. Also i spend months researching before the first time i did this so i knew the right places to go.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #204
gt35built

gt35built is an unknown quantity at this point
So what would be a price range for a rb25 swapped into a s14 from a shop that does quality work?
gt35built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 AM   #205
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Dude, this question has been answered already. People who ask this question are not serious about the swap in general anyway. If you do your homework and make the calls you won't have to ask.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #206
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
anyone know the main/rod bearing clearance/tolerance for the Rb25?

Last edited by imotion s14; 11-07-2007 at 06:15 AM..
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 AM   #207
lxmobxl

lxmobxl is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone know if the rb25 neo pistons will fit in a regular rb25det?
lxmobxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #208
KA-Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmobxl View Post
does anyone know if the rb25 neo pistons will fit in a regular rb25det?
probably, same bore and stroke.....dont see why not
Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #209
koshile

koshile can only hope to improve
My friend is doing a 5 sp conversion on his Automatic RB25. Iam looking for a pilot bearing for a RB25DET block.

Does anyone know if it is the same Nissan part number as a 300zx?

I was hoping i could just run down to the dealer ship and just pick one up instead of waiting a week for Phase2.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #210
hinds90
Leaky Injector

hinds90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up guys just wanted to know what the parts avaliability (can I cross reference most of the oem parts like the sr) is for the rb25. I can get a rb for $150 more than an sr, just weighing my options. Only thing that is really making me lean towards the sr is finding parts.

Also is their any particular year I should get I read something about the crank journals on the older models gave out at 300 hp.
hinds90 is offline   Reply With Quote