Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #17461
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Now im debating on keeping the wheels as is or been toying with idea to paint the faces two different colors. Once side similar to gunmetal grey and other side white because I love white/red combo. From a photographer pov its awesome since I have two different side of the car too shoot and you can never really see both colors at once so i dont think its that "distasteful"
white faces with chrome lips are the worst thing ever. if you're gonna do a koguchi rep, do it all the way... or ya know, be original... guess this is the wrong thread to suggest that in
Old 01-10-2018, 07:53 PM   #17462
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well considering its not a rep but inspired by him and a lot of the late 90s early 00s cars. Im not painting it black or running hot road but I am doing oem front with license cut out and r33 vents so its more like a gt-1 front.

As far as white faces, ive been on the fence about it since equips/vskf/ssr vienna plus whatever 5 spoke 3 piece wheels with white faces are hit and miss. If anything it be complete white barrel and face. Like this https://goo.gl/6aDAwz ( dont want to post non type x related pics)

Really the dreamworks car is a huge inspiration also. Really want to go KP fenders but I love stock body. I just found a good deal on some underrated whels and tbh rather run those than go meister or te37.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #17463
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
possibly.... going to keep it cherry pearl tho but... just picked these and should be getting relip as we speak. Keeping the right two set up front as is 18x8+38
then getting a rear set relipped for 5in lips at 9.5 +13. Will be doing up similar vinyl scheme but with parts I actually have.

Now im debating on keeping the wheels as is or been toying with idea to paint the faces two different colors. Once side similar to gunmetal grey and other side white because I love white/red combo. From a photographer pov its awesome since I have two different side of the car too shoot and you can never really see both colors at once so i dont think its that "distasteful"
word, i was hoping someone would do an exact replica. Maybe I'll take a crack at it myself when I pick up a hatch for myself.
JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #17464
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinChillenBallin View Post
word, i was hoping someone would do an exact replica. Maybe I'll take a crack at it myself when I pick up a hatch for myself.
wack. might as well build a dukes of hazzard charger while you’re at it.

z2’s white/polish or white/white will gatunteedily look like trash. trust.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #17465
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Please do not ruin those Z2s by doing the faces white. The original finish looks to be in great shape... why not leave them as-is?

To my knowledge Koguchi never ran Hot Road side skirts or rear valence on his car. Everyone used to say my car was a great Koguchi replica when I had the Hot Road kit on, but I think all he really had was the Group A vent on the front and some Hot Road stickers. I could be wrong though.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:13 AM   #17466
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
wack. might as well build a dukes of hazzard charger while you’re at it.
Im not a filthy baby boomer

dukes of hazzard charger is corny and over done.
JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #17467
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
or ya know, be original... guess this is the wrong thread to suggest that in
if this isn't true idk what is
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #17468
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Please do not ruin those Z2s by doing the faces white. The original finish looks to be in great shape... why not leave them as-is?

To my knowledge Koguchi never ran Hot Road side skirts or rear valence on his car. Everyone used to say my car was a great Koguchi replica when I had the Hot Road kit on, but I think all he really had was the Group A vent on the front and some Hot Road stickers. I could be wrong though.
worddd, Dadmon is correct. Koguchi never had hotroad. And dont ruin Z2's with white faces. Rather don't paint any face of a three piece wheel white.

Just like all the stance boys ruining blitz 03s with step lips, dumb sizing and colored everything.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #17469
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

Correct on the sides and rear. Just ran Kouki/Type X. I'm not 100% on the front though. Looks a hell of a lot like a hot road bar to me but it could be just a well modified type x bar with the vent. Everyone seemed to do the vent mod back in the day so seems about right.

Pulled from the Hot Road website.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #17470
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Koguch my Gooch. That's the only Gucci I'm aware of.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #17471
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #17472
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Im not a filthy baby boomer

dukes of hazzard charger is corny and over done.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #17473
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

koukimonst3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVGASM View Post
Koguch my Gooch. That's the only Gucci I'm aware of.
Can't wait to see this!

ig : koukimonst3r
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #17474
boost
Zilvia Member

boost is on a distinguished road
boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #17475
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
lol, people hate all over brands like mine for reproducing factory aero parts in FRP and what not... but when hotroad did it, no one makes a peep!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:31 PM   #17476
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonst3r View Post
Stock body for life! I sometimes regret going kp
Key word there is "sometimes." Had a thought about using oem quarters that are modified to look like koguchi fenders but figured it was out of the question in Japan simply because of the cost and finding a shop to do it.

Quote:
possibly.... going to keep it cherry pearl tho but... just picked these and should be getting relip as we speak. Keeping the right two set up front as is 18x8+38
then getting a rear set relipped for 5in lips at 9.5 +13. Will be doing up similar vinyl scheme but with parts I actually have.
Don't know how you want your car setup but in my experience, 8 +38 is weak for the front with stock length flca's. If Koguchi was running that size, his setup was most likely pushed out by his flca's and a small spacer to clear his brakes. Feel like adding an inch to the lip up front would suit you better. Just my opinion.

9.5 +13 for the rear is perfect on stock body.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #17477
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Actually 8.5 +30 and 9.5 +38 are perfect on a stock body unless youre going for the trendy fitment look

See example of my car with specs above in 17s...

Old 01-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #17478
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Perfect example of how weak the fitment is in my opinion^^
Old 01-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #17479
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Looking into it, think i'll keep the faces as is. Not a fan of silver but its growing on me and seeing Josephs(below) setup has changed my mind. If anything i'll paint them the darker black color and if I really want another set of white wheels i'll get some LMs or TEs

As far as front fitment, its weak but I need it. I rub with 9.5 +12 stock fender with a 225/40 with fender to tire. With the 1.5 less width and extend lca I can bring my caster further back so I dont hit my stock shaved tubs and a bit of banging the firewall area will hopefully clear perfectly. Probably need a small spacer for z32 brakes but hopefully I can slap on something small to get my fitment more out again OR eventually relip the fronts to 8.5/9s since im not really changing the "barrel" which is what im having issues with hitting the body. If I move caster up on the wheels I have now its the "lip" thats hitting the tub and the barrel clears the firewall fine at lock.

Last edited by R3b; 01-13-2018 at 06:59 PM..
Old 01-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #17480
bigs
Nissanaholic!

bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Yeah, nah, yeah, nahhhhhhhh. Itai rep was cringeworthy enough. That really needs to not become a thing.

bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #17481
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Perfect example of how weak the fitment is in my opinion^^
some of us prefer unpulled metal with minimal camber and meatier tires... rubber bands are weak sauce! would rather actually get all of my cars power to the ground instead of an inches worth

Old 01-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #17482
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Looking into it, think i'll keep the faces as is. Not a fan of silver but its growing on me and seeing this Josephs setup has changed my mind. If anything i'll paint them the darker black color and if I really want another set of white wheels i'll get some LMs or TEs

As far as front fitment, its weak but I need it. I rub with 9.5 +12 stock fender with a 225/40 with fender to tire. With the 1.5 less width and extend lca I can bring my caster further back so I dont hit my stock shaved tubs and a bit of banging the firewall area will hopefully clear perfectly. Probably need a small spacer for z32 brakes but hopefully I can slap on something small to get my fitment more out again OR eventually relip the fronts to 8.5/9s since im not really changing the "barrel" which is what im having issues with hitting the body. If I move caster up on the wheels I have now its the "lip" thats hitting the tub and the barrel clears the firewall fine at lock.

Hot Road looks so good! cant wait to see it painted.
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:52 PM   #17483
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
some of us prefer unpulled metal with minimal camber and meatier tires... rubber bands are weak sauce! would rather actually get all of my cars power to the ground instead of an inches worth
QFT. A more serious, more mature (as far as it goes in the import car scene haha) look.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #17484
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
QFT. A more serious, more mature (as far as it goes in the import car scene haha) look.
one of these days id like to go 255 outback and 235 upfront, sitting on 225 and 245 right now. but with the wider tires ill have to add a smidge more camber to fit properly... but meaty tires + power to the ground = HYPE!!!

heh, sorry... watching awesome games done quick 2018 right now

Old 01-13-2018, 11:11 PM   #17485
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Easy and guaranteed fix for not rubbing on the wheel wells: Sell the 18s and get 17s. Overall diameter is the major cause. Depending on how motivated you are, 18s can be made to work though as other people have stated.

Quote:
You must be putting down some serious power huh?

Wait.....

Quote:
sitting on 225 and 245 right now
bwahahahaha
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 PM   #17486
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #17487
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Easy and guaranteed fix for not rubbing on the wheel wells: Sell the 18s and get 17s. Overall diameter is the major cause. Depending on how motivated you are, 18s can be made to work though as other people have stated.

You must be putting down some serious power huh?

Wait.....

bwahahahaha

Bwahahhahahah I have other projects and priorities much bigger than my car to channel money into... We all can't be as cool as those stance kids now-a-days can we?

Old 01-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #17488
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3BEWBZ View Post
Hot Road looks so good! cant wait to see it painted.
That's my car not his. Also specs on the z2's there were 18x9 +40 front and 18x10 +45 rear. With a 25mm spacer all around making it +15 front +20 rear.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #17489
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
That's my car not his. Also specs on the z2's there were 18x9 +40 front and 18x10 +45 rear. With a 25mm spacer all around making it +15 front +20 rear.
What tire did you have in the front? Any issues as far as turning or rubbing?

Im thinking with my 18x8s +38 with 1in extended lca I should be good. Only thing im worried about is brake clearance with the face since I have low offset faces. If thats the case then i'll ditch the extended lca and do just a spacer till lip the fronts another inch. Making it 18x9 +26
Old 01-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #17490
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Oh my bad. Looks good dude!
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote