Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up 2013 F1 Season Thread

Man, I'm glad its back! You gentlemen following?
Code:
Round 	Race 	Circuit 	Date 	
1 	Australian Grand Prix 	Albert Park 			March 15 – 17 	
2 	Malaysian Grand Prix 	Sepang International Circuit 	March 22 – 24 	
3 	Chinese Grand Prix 	Shanghai International Circuit 	April 12 – 14 	
4 	Bahrain Grand Prix 	Bahrain International Circuit 	April 19 – 21 	
5 	Spanish Grand Prix 	Circuit de Catalunya 		May 10 – 12 	
6 	Monaco Grand Prix 	Monte-Carlo 			May 23 – 26 	
7 	Canadian Grand Prix 	Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 	June 7 – 9 	
8 	British Grand Prix 	Silverstone 			June 28 – 30 	
9 	German Grand Prix 	Nurburgring 			July 5 – 7 	
10 	Hungarian Grand Prix 	Hungaroring 			July 26 – 28 	
11 	Belgian Grand Prix 	Spa-Francorchamps 		August 23 – 25 	
12 	Italian Grand Prix 	Monza 				September 6 – 8 	
13 	Singapore Grand Prix 	Singapore 			September 20 – 22 	
14 	Korean Grand Prix 	Korean International Circuit 	October 4 – 6 	
15 	Japanese Grand Prix 	Suzuka 				October 11 – 13 	
16 	Indian Grand Prix 	Buddh International Circuit 	October 25 – 27 	
17 	Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 	Yas Marina 			November 1 – 3 	
18 	United States Grand Prix Circuit of the Americas 	November 15 – 17 	
19 	Brazilian Grand Prix 	Interlagos 			November 22 – 24
Old 04-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I haven't been motivated to keep up since Vettel has taken over that sport. Let me know when him and Redbull goess down and I'll be back on board.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mercedes has been a very strong competitor qualifying wise. Mclaren is doomed this season. Redbull didn't look good this qualifying round.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
trxrx7
Leaky Injector

trxrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i love vettel and redbull i hope they do well this year, great team and driver!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
That last race has been the best race in a long time!

Monaco up next! whooo!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Vettel and RedBull are my team. They're the ones I root for. However it's shaping up for an intense season.

Nico Rosburg seems to be getting screwed so far. Great qualifying runs but cant maintain a race. Its a shame too, he's a great driver.

Hopefully the new Pirelli tire formula will get rid of these damn delaminations and fast wearing properties. 5 pit stops is stupid.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
KIMI!!!!

in caps
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
jamjoy

jamjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
thank ,good info to me,They're the ones I root for. However it's shaping up for an intense season.
jamjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Monaco bitches!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #10
g e n k i

g e n k i is an unknown quantity at this point
This season is pretty shitty. Cars are running so much slower than what they are capable of because of Pirelli's tire degradation.

Monaco was the perfect example, where the whole race they were running a good 3 seconds off of qualifying and practice pace in the late stages of the race. Then at the end Vettel lights it up and puts out a lap 1.5 seconds faster than anyone else in the field. His team radios him saying "you know the score, don't take any risks" to which he replied "satisfaction instead of going slow for 77 laps".

Definitely not making for anything exciting as far as racing goes. If you enjoy watching drivers race at 70-80% of theirs and their cars capability... Hopefully they move away from this "tire management" direction.
g e n k i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g e n k i View Post
This season is pretty shitty. Cars are running so much slower than what they are capable of because of Pirelli's tire degradation.

Monaco was the perfect example, where the whole race they were running a good 3 seconds off of qualifying and practice pace in the late stages of the race. Then at the end Vettel lights it up and puts out a lap 1.5 seconds faster than anyone else in the field. His team radios him saying "you know the score, don't take any risks" to which he replied "satisfaction instead of going slow for 77 laps".

Definitely not making for anything exciting as far as racing goes. If you enjoy watching drivers race at 70-80% of theirs and their cars capability... Hopefully they move away from this "tire management" direction.
I think Ferrari did it best in Spain. Just run as fast as you can and fuck the tires, you will be going so much faster than everyone else you can afford the extra pit stop.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I think up to Monaco the season has been fine. Lots of different drivers showing they can compete. Monaco may not have seemed exciting. but then again as exciting as the whole Monaco thing is the race always tend to be a rather quit affair. Reason being there is not that much room to pass. Of course we did a have a few drivers showing some balls and and a couple of mistakes.
I would say anyone who is putting this season down does not appreciate the amount of competition among the drivers that has developed. We have drivers showing mettle in this season that have yet to prove themselves completely. Rather than being down on the season because you think the cars are performing to 80% vs 100% notice the younger drivers that are starting to make themselves noticed.

Of course unless you just get off on watching Vettel take the pole and lead the whole race of which we have seen way to much of already in the last few years.

Ya I want to see anyone but Redbull on the podium. Don't hate them just getting tired of it being a one horse deal.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
I've been following all the Pirelli drama regarding the secret test with the Mercedes 2013 car that was approved by the FIA according to Pirelli...all the other teams are accusing them of picking favorites.

Monaco was a snoozefest. I think Jeremy Clarkson summed it up best via Twitter:
"Very much enjoying watching 20 men drive around a town."
"One of the men is driving a little faster than the other men."
"I have a hangover and the men are making a terrible racket as they drive around the town."
Old 06-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I feel bad for Pirelli. The FIA has thrown them out to the wolves.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
Gnnr
Post Whore!

F1 weekend back after the hiatus. Thank goodness because I need something to hold me over with the dreaded point of US sports this summer.

In other news, Mercedes gets off with a light punishment and Webber announces he's leaving after this season for Porsche.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Porsche is pulling together some serious talent for their LMP1 project. I'm excited to see how it works out.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
YES YES YES for Weber,now maybe he will be #1 in the camp.........Porsche is bringing the heat to LI think some if the best racing on all aspects will be in the WERC...

Any of you dudes watch the 24..........off topic,but comments...

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
YES YES YES for Weber,now maybe he will be #1 in the camp.........Porsche is bringing the heat to LI think some if the best racing on all aspects will be in the WERC...

Any of you dudes watch the 24..........off topic,but comments...
Yes...Porsche/Audi/Toyota/Nissan next year in P1 is going to be a slugfest.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #19
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Anyone's thoughts about the rumored possibility of a drivers boycott for upcoming German gran prix?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #20
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Anyone's thoughts about the rumored possibility of a drivers boycott for upcoming German gran prix?
After this past weekends race, they have every right to want a boycott. In the post race they said that both Vettel and Rosberg's tires were about to blow. I'd be pretty scared to jump in a car and race around at very high speeds knowing that your tires could blow up at any moment.

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #21
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This seasons is shit, cant wait till they bring back turbo cars next season. I hope it also brings back some of the mid corner slides lol. Turbo era of f1 was the greatest thing on wheels in my opinion.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
Gnnr
Post Whore!

I find the season to be entertaining so far, there's enough subplots and stories that makes it interesting. There is still enough room for competition that for the championship where Ferrari, Mercedes-Petronas and Lotus-Renault have a legitimate shot.